• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody else in here playing Batman on PS4 with the Pulse Elite headphones?

I'm getting weird sound cutoff issues during cutscenes.

TraBuch

Banned
Has GB played a digitized beat em up before? I feel like they have but I can't remember the name. And I don't mean Dong Dong Never Die.

Hey. Thinking about getting a XB1 controller to use on PC to replace my old 360 controller.

It will work with all x input games right? Or do games need to use whatever new standard MS is using for that controller?

Megasoum

Banned
Hey. Thinking about getting a XB1 controller to use on PC to replace my old 360 controller.

It will work with all x input games right? Or do games need to use whatever new standard MS is using for that controller?

The default windows drivers make it look like a 360 pad in games.

Zaph

Works the exact same. Apart from the controller rumbling every time you start your computer and freaking you out.

Wait for the new controller to come out. Not the $150 one, but the updated standard one with the improved shoulder buttons. Also, the wireless dongle isn't available yet and the old one won't work.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I should start Witcher 3 one of these days. I played like 45 minutes before the XP bug happened and then by the time that got fixed Batman release was close and I figured it'd be easier to play through that one quickly and have the Witcher left to take my time with. And then the Batman PC release happened.

Megasoum

Banned
I should start Witcher 3 one of these days. I played like 45 minutes before the XP bug happened and then by the time that got fixed Batman release was close and I figured it'd be easier to play through that one quickly and have the Witcher left to take my time with. And then the Batman PC release happened.

Yeah kinda the same. I played a couple of hours and really liked it but then kinda lost interest overnight. I have no idea why exactly.

Now I'm really liking Batman but I want to go back to Witcher afterward.

Beastcast is legendary this week. The thing Alex said about
the suicide hotline is the best laugh I've had of 2015

I haven't laughed that hard at a Giant Bomb podcast in a long time. Austin and Jeff's increasing reaction as he went on the with the line was also great.

With all the time I put into it, controlling Geralt had become second nature. It definitely took getting used to and I agree that it's needlessly awkward but you can get a feel for it and ultimately I had fun with the combat. Roach on the other hand, the longer you played the more you hate riding that damn horse. It's astonishing how Roach always managed to find the most frustrating spot to spawn from when you called for him.

Everyone seems to be talking about the Bloody Baron storyline in Witcher 3, but I found the Keira Metz main + side quest to be far most interesting.

I juuuuust started the bloody baron storyline, and my initial impression was
that he got drunk and beat his wife and daughter? it seems like a lot of the clues lean that way but they don't really acknowledge that.

edit: Like i've said before I was having more fun not riding roach at all, and just running places, but that was only while I was in the first area, which was relatively small. I got to the second area, opened the map, and realized quickly that I was probably going to have be riding roach whether I liked it or not.

I also really want to play it right now but I got a little too toasted at a family function yesterday and may or may not have ordered a 970 via one click purchasing on amazon so I'm waiting to play it more til I can get that installed and literally double my FPS

Cubetoons-era NVC and Three Red Lights were my first video game podcasts!

I actually stayed away from all podcasts because they were all really boring to me, but now I listen to almost everything GB puts out aside from the F1 stuff. Go figure. Oh and I actually was only an Insider when I was in college. I don't even think they had Insider when I was 13 (I'm 32 now).

Aaron

Has Giant Bomb stealth ditched the low graphics option on their player lately? I can still choose it, but I'm getting HD quality regardless. This is a bit annoying because their higher quality videos take forever to start playing for me, and when I want to watch something quick I really don't care about the quality.

jaina

Has Giant Bomb stealth ditched the low graphics option on their player lately? I can still choose it, but I'm getting HD quality regardless. This is a bit annoying because their higher quality videos take forever to start playing for me, and when I want to watch something quick I really don't care about the quality.

I doubt they're getting rid of the "mobile" quality. Slightly changing the bit rates at most. If I remember correctly that even happened recently and one of you lost his sweet spot bit rate?

Somebody wrote in the SoF EX QL comments that the download links all lead to HD. might be the same issue.

santeesioux

Speaking of Morrowind, I'm really excited for that Skywind mod to come out so I can finally get into the story. I got it on the Xbox years ago and would always mess around with it, but never get into the story because I didn't feel like reading that much. I've had the PC version for several years now so Skywind will be perfect.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder if they'll QL the most anime game of the year tuesday
cover_orig.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom