• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they'll QL the most anime game of the year tuesday
cover_orig.jpg

it's still amazing that thing even exists

I don't even want to play it but I kind of want a copy just because it's silly

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
it's still amazing that thing even exists

I don't even want to play it but I kind of want a copy just because it's silly

I'm buying it just because I think it's awesome that Bamco is bringing this AND Godzilla out in the West. Meanwhile Sega is like 'um idk maybe if sony gave us money we'd put yakuza out over here'

I've heard it's just a not as good style game as Gundam EX Vs, but I'm just like 'yo it's a game with Yusuke Urameshi in it'

How they heck did they manage all the licensing for that Jump game?

i don't know! that's what's so crazy. like, if you want it, i'd get a copy now because that thing won't be for sale in a couple of years

I'm buying it just because I think it's awesome that Bamco is bringing this AND Godzilla out in the West.

wait, what? this was high on my list of "things that will never leave japan"

I'm guessing that because they're all licensed through Shonen Jump magazine that Bandai Namco just needed the one Shonen Jump deal rather than getting each series license individually.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was blown the fuck away Bamco put out that PS3 Jojo game over here. Like there was NO way with all the band names that I thought it would go through here and that there would be any demand for it.

Yet they did it.

How they heck did they manage all the licensing for that Jump game?

The US manga licensing market has become much more consolidated than it was back when Jump Super/Ultimate Stars came out. Before, you had to deal with a bunch of notables like Tokyopop, Del Rey, Dark Horse Manga, etc. Nowadays, it's pretty much Viz and Kodansha.

Daheza

It's a shame that the duders never figured out how to make a fun tabletop series. Two times in a row people made them nice character figurines and two times in a row they barely got used. It seems to largely be an issue of Rorie as a DM keeping things going forward.

It's not like there's really a ton of regular content week to week.

You are absolutely right. Hopefully we will get one from the beast team since Austin knows how to DM.

popo

There's 600,1800,3200,4000 now.

Those are the ones they now surface as mobile, med, high and HD but if you play with filenames you will find they actually encode at

600, 1000, 1800, 2500, 3200, 4000.

1000 is a nice sweet spot for tablets imo.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Always found it weird that they don't let you choose from all that exist, I guess the others are for auto-mode.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
am i a monster for missing Vinny and Alex in the main podcast

Ha, I just got to the talk about brutal Batman and the clinic dealing with his broken victims. "You know Batman, just a heads up, we're actually just euthanizing them."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jeff is the only draw Bombcast has, brother.

Except Jason. Jeff just needs a foil. And that's never going to be Brad, and it's only sometimes Dan.

Xater

I think it's all but official that beastcast > bombcast right now

it might even be official

Beastcast is officially top tier at this point. It's just so good. Really looking forward to it every week, which I can't say about the Bombcast at this point. I mean, I don't hate it but I am also not excited for it.

Vinny casts are best casts.

Even when he was the only person left at Gamespot to host the Hotspot back in the day he could still knock it out of the park.

hamchan

The only criticism that can be leveled at the Beastcast is that it's the opposite of the Bombcast in terms of how eager everyone is to talk, sometimes it gets chaotic since they all want to say something!

Megasoum

Banned
I'm re-watching the Arkham Origins quicklook while waiting for my food to be delivered...

Man going from Akham Knight to Origin is tough on the eyes lol. Origin on 360 looks ROUGH.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, I honestly think everything about the Batmobile is great except for the challenges. Like I don't mind the tank stuff and I think that the Batmobile is just as fast as gliding through the city and even if it's 'you shouldn't because it's not as convenient' part of the reason I wanted the Batmobile is because it's cool as fuck. It's an aesthetic thing more than a gameplay mechanic. But I think it controls well and is a really fun distraction.

The only time I find faults in it is whenever The Riddler shows up. And the fact that it's not the 1989 Batmobile.

LiK

Yeah, I honestly think everything about the Batmobile is great except for the challenges. Like I don't mind the tank stuff and I think that the Batmobile is just as fast as gliding through the city and even if it's 'you shouldn't because it's not as convenient' part of the reason I wanted the Batmobile is because it's cool as fuck. It's an aesthetic thing more than a gameplay mechanic. But I think it controls well and is a really fun distraction.

The only time I find faults in it is whenever The Riddler shows up. And the fact that it's not the 1989 Batmobile.

i don't mind the Batmobile challenges for the race etc. but being forced to use it for platforming is pretty lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom