• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has "shoujo" in the title.

It's so good though.
tumblr_n8qhadghDT1rl9sqto1_500.gif

Megasoum

Banned
So the dude who made the Best Of videos made an official playlist which is great... Except that it plays the videos in reverse... I can't seem to find a way to play from 1 to 77 instead of 77 to 1.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So the dude who made the Best Of videos made an official playlist which is great... Except that it plays the videos in reverse... I can't seem to find a way to play from 1 to 77 instead of 77 to 1.

I agree, Youtube's interface is embarrassingly awful for being the biggest website in the world.

Personally I always like to pick an old random best of and just watch a video I forgot about/didn't watch.

Joeku

Yeah I rewatched it yesterday too. So much nostalgia! I played through this game so many times, I was watching him play and could remember every single line of dialogues and every next step to do.

Seirously, if there is any game I feel I could speedrun sans-glitches I never learned of, it's Arkham Asylum. So elegant. Not a single game in the series since then has matched it as far as being a compact package.

Megasoum

Banned
Seirously, if there is any game I feel I could speedrun sans-glitches I never learned of, it's Arkham Asylum. So elegant. Not a single game in the series since then has matched it as far as being a compact package.

One of my friend at work did 3 100% playthroughs (Easy, Medium and Hard) in one single workday lol

I just watched the battleborn video they posted and hoo boy that game looks like there's a whole lot going on and not in a good way

I mean they're this late into the moba game. Or whatever the hell they're trying to do. It's competition will be Overwatch and uh....Battle....That other battle game. Whatever it's called.

I mean they're this late into the moba game. Or whatever the hell they're trying to do. It's competition will be Overwatch and uh....Battle....That other battle game. Whatever it's called.

I know what game you're talking about and I honestly thought Battleborn was it.

battlecry, it's battlecry. bethesda's one. it looks bad.

but yeah im watching some more battleborn footage and its like hey do you like our artstyle cool, i hope you like the guns especially because they take up 75% of your screenspace.

Teddified

Battleborn is a weird one, because in the "main" mode it seems you're doing missions that you can do co-op or singleplayer but every mission makes you start at level one like a moba. But you also get loot that you equip and has persistence so to me it's kinda a mishmash of all sorts of things.

Then I think there is a moba mode too? maybe?

Battleborn, Battlecry, Gigantic, Overwatch.

Holy shit fuck off with all of that. I'll try Overwatch because atleast Blizzard has pretty solid games now a days, but you know you have problems when I get battleborn confused with battlecry and I just forget battlecry exists. And until E3 I forgot Gigantic existed.

yeah overwatch is the only one that looks decent, and its more a changeup of TF2's formula that it is a MOBA

but I dont really like shooters that dont just use regular ol' guns so i'll give it a shot and see what happens

If i were to buy battleborn I would only be interested in the co-op campaign anyway but if it's not just borderlands with a fancy new skin on it im not interested

danm999

Battleborn, Battlecry, Gigantic, Overwatch.

Holy shit fuck off with all of that. I'll try Overwatch because atleast Blizzard has pretty solid games now a days, but you know you have problems when I get battleborn confused with battlecry and I just forget battlecry exists. And until E3 I forgot Gigantic existed.

All these companies must be sweating fucking bullets after Evolve's launch.

All these companies must be sweating fucking bullets after Evolve's launch.

Evolves problem was that it was frontloaded with DLC WITH the $60 price tag. If it was a free to play it MAYBE would've had a chance. The concept is pretty boring though, 4v1 and it probably gets repetitive once you rotate through the monsters.

With 5v5's or whatever these games have atleast it's a bit more dynamic in that people will play differently. Evolve doesn't offer that. At a $60 price tag.

danm999

Evolves problem was that it was frontloaded with DLC WITH the $60 price tag. If it was a free to play it MAYBE would've had a chance. The concept is pretty boring though, 4v1 and it probably gets repetitive once you rotate through the monsters.

With 5v5's or whatever these games have atleast it's a bit more dynamic in that people will play differently. Evolve doesn't offer that. At a $60 price tag.

Ah didn't realize these were all FTP.

Ah didn't realize these were all FTP.

Yeah, that's what they've got going for them. And aside from Battlecry, the other games have these colorful cartoony looks to them which I mean, is appealing of sorts. And depending on what systems they have for monetizing the game, it can be successful. Let's look at League and DotA-DotA allows you to gain cosmetics in game whilst also selling cosmetics as their primary offering. Riot is a bit more lucrative, they sale champions for both in game currency and money, creating a sort of investment feeling for many people who spend any amount of time in that game. They sale a plethora of cosmetic skins as well, unlike DotA they don't offer any 'in-game drops' from these cosmetics.

If these moba shooters whatever the fuck duval is peddling is able to copy that, and they're able to get a good base of people playing, they have infinite potential. If they don't.....then they'll die out. It seems they all cropped up around the same time, Gigantic/BattleBorn seem to be going for the 'moba shooter' concept, whilst Battlecry/Overwatch is more of the 'team shooter' that TF2 revolutionized wayback when.

As for my bets on who will be 'victorious'....Overwatch has the Blizzard pedigree for it, it has the art style and seems to offer substantial gameplay opportunities with it's 'hero' characters. Battlecry...seems to be alot like TF2 in vain but each faction has different classes...but it loses points for it's look and well, how it looks. Battleborn and Gigantic...I haven't seen any gameplay of it. Battleborn looks....standard. Kinda like Overwatch in its concept of character picks, but it doesn't look that promising.

If I were to take a guess, I'd say Overwatch would win out. Gigantic has that dark horse feel because it'll launch on Xbox as well and it does have a pretty artstyle. Battleborn...well...I don't really see any hype around this game. Dunno if it's launching on consoles, but I'd rather play Gigantic if I was forced to choose(Gearbox doesn't give me hope for the gameplay. Borderlands is fun for the looting and RPG aspects, but the shooting is bland.).

Overwatch will definitely win out in this..moba...shooter fest. Gigantic and Battleborn...my votes for Gigantic. Battlecry will be dead on arrival.

Yeah, I think overwatch is the clear winner as well. I think it's got a lot of hype in the TF2 community since a lot of people seem frustrated with the direction that game has gone.

that may just be bias as well because overwatch was announced way sooner than a lot of these so in my mind it's the "original" and all the rest are the copycats.

Yeah, I think overwatch is the clear winner as well. I think it's got a lot of hype in the TF2 community since a lot of people seem frustrated with the direction that game has gone.

that may just be bias as well because overwatch was announced way sooner than a lot of these so in my mind it's the "original" and all the rest are the copycats.

If you wanna get funky, Battleborn was announced before Overwatch actually. June of last year I think? Overwatch was announced at blizzcon last year, so about 5 months after Battleborn.

Which is funny because Battleborn was just kinda forgotten about.

If you wanna get funky, Battleborn was announced before Overwatch actually. June of last year I think? Overwatch was announced at blizzcon last year, so about 5 months after Battleborn.

Which is funny because Battleborn was just kinda forgotten about.

oh wow I'd never even heard of it before E3

I also don't even really know what it is still.

I can watch a video of overwatch and say oh, it's TF2. Also I like this robo.

danm999

It just seems like a super tough market to survive in, even for the big boys.

I think it was the Storm United QL a few months ago where Jeff basically remarked that even at the $20 end of the market Steam is just so saturated with these MP team based shooter games it's incredibly difficult to break through.

It just seems like a super tough market to survive in, even for the big boys.

I think it was the Storm United QL a few months ago where Jeff basically remarked that even at the $20 end of the market Steam is just so saturated with these MP team based shooter games it's incredibly difficult to break through.

He's completely right. Team games in general are suffering that problem. 10 years ago, if you found a free shooter you'd go crazy over it.(Anyone remember GunZ?). Now a days they're dime a dozen.

That's why i ranked Overwatch as the only one to make it out of the mud pit, simply because of the pedigree behind it. Gigantic I rank as a dark horse because Microsoft might heavily push it on their console and it's windows 10 exclusive(Maybe they'll market it with the software.). Battleborn, Battlecry....BB might get a push because it's the borderlands guys, BC will be dead on arrival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom