• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Myggen, thank you for putting up that segment from the podcast. Shame it's not as concise as the 5 minute run from the GOTY discussion but it's still great to listen.

Listening to this again: I love Jason's patronizing comments concerning Destiny.

P.S - Thanks for picking up the torch on this, Myggen. Lots of community members have started this but abandon it over the years. Hopefully yours endures for a very long time.

For the first time in forever I haven't been able to follow this thread for a few days because of having to work (almost) literally 24/7 this week, so didn't see this! But thanks.

Also, the GT vs. GB fanboy war is the dumbest shit I've seen in a good long while. Remember Emcee's comment about him locking this thread for 30 days if he sees any regular from this thread shitposting about GT. It would be the dumbest reason I can imagine for this thread getting locked.

Volotaire

I just finished MGS4 (I think!?). Holy crap. I'm tearing up.

The last boss battle was one of the most epic fights I have ever experienced, despite some of the archaic mechanics. Period. The music, the cutscenes, the animation, the callbacks. And then the surprise at the end. God I love this series.
What on earth is this Johnny and Meryl story hahaha. How is it so prominent in this game?!

The last boss before the last one was also really fun and an amazing callback.
I tried to switch controller ports and they called me out! I love Kojima.

Goodbye Solid Snake!

The last boss battle was one of the most epic fights I have ever experienced, despite some of the archaic mechanics. Period. The music, the cutscenes, the animation, the callbacks. And then the surprise at the end. God I love this series.
What on earth is this Johnny and Meryl story hahaha. How is it so prominent in this game?!

Goodbye Solid Snake!

Salutes

I wonder if this will be a real ongoing series or something they for two weeks, drop for two months, and then do one more episode before finally dropping it all together.

Goodbye Solid Snake!

I love reading stuff like this. Glad you liked it. Regarding the spoiler:
Do you get a Codec call or something for the controller switch during the final battle? Not sure if I knew about that!

EDIT: nvm,
"last boss before the last one". Totally knew about that one.

Dizzy-4U

Yooo Jeff, some classics that you guys might need to check out:

- Ranma 1/2
- Criticom
- Biofreaks
- Blue Breaker Burst
- Salier Mooon Super S

I love reading stuff like this. Glad you liked it. Regarding the spoiler:
Do you get a Codec call or something for the controller switch during the final battle? Not sure if I knew about that!

EDIT: nvm,
"last boss before the last one". Totally knew about that one.

I think you get forced into a codec call when you do that.

Dan and Drew need to start playing it. I cant wait to see drews reaction

daydream

Banned
jeff-in-a-box

1517517-1517495_1108529_img_0058_super.jpg

Rlan

Would love to see this continue with all sorts of fighting games. If anything it's a great reason to hook up a Megadrive, Dreamcast or Saturn to play.

Virtual On, Golden Axe: The Duel, Eternal Champions, Astra Superstars, Street Fighter the movie.

I want them to go back to Demo Disc Derby too though. Been too long!

FStop7

Banned
Yooo Jeff, some classics that you guys might need to check out:

- Ranma 1/2
- Criticom
- Biofreaks
- Blue Breaker Burst
- Salier Mooon Super S

Jeff has a Ranma 1/2 cartridge he's brought to the office for every retro show since the beginning of Giant Bomb and it never, ever works. :( Sucks because I really want to see that giant panda bear fighting action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom