• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3z_

I'm all for Jeff having a reoccurring live show ala Vinnyvania, Breaking Brad, MGS, etc., but watching two people mash on buttons in a fighting game that neither remembers much about isn't something I can see looking forward to week in week out. Part of what makes those other series great is there is a goal that they are progressing towards and a narrative that carries over episode to episode where they are getting a grasp of the game and what not. This is just two dude with some nostalgia poking at games they don't remember much about for an extended period of time. Seems like the feature would be better served as a single 2-3 hour video stream where they hit like 20 game for short bursts, rather than having extended footage of them flailing in a game they won't play again for another 3 years over multiple hour+ episodes.

valeo

I'm all for Jeff having a reoccurring live show ala Vinnyvania, Breaking Brad, MGS, etc., but watching two people mash on buttons in a fighting game that neither remembers much about isn't something I can see looking forward to week in week out. Part of what makes those other series great is there is a goal that they are progressing towards and a narrative that carries over episode to episode where they are getting a grasp of the game and what not. This is just two dude with some nostalgia poking at games they don't remember much about for an extended period of time. Seems like the feature would be better served as a single 2-3 hour video stream where they hit like 20 game for short bursts, rather than having extended footage of them flailing in a game they won't play again for another 3 years over multiple hour+ episodes.

I liked it, actually; mostly because they got better at the game and gained an appreciation for it as time went on.

tchocky

What I am looking forward to with later episodes is the discussion of where each game fits into the list. I do think they could do two games per 90 minute episode though.

Nah, if they only spend like 10 minutes in the game we won't get to see much about it. Why even one-off on obscure dumb shit if you're not gonna fully show how really dumb/awesome it is.

I enjoyed the hell out of that video, but maybe I just like watching fighting games too much.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
"If it doesn't affect you, shut up." doesn't carry every situation but I generally agree with the general sentiment.

Anjin M

I watched the first episode of Ranking Of Fighters. It was really fun. I would worry that the format wouldn't hold up, but it won't happen often enough to get stale.

Volotaire

I love reading stuff like this. Glad you liked it. Regarding the spoiler:
Do you get a Codec call or something for the controller switch during the final battle? Not sure if I knew about that!

EDIT: nvm,
"last boss before the last one". Totally knew about that one.

Despite the overall silliness of the MGS storyline, the one aspect that concerned me is
Zero's, Para-Medic's and Signit's character transformation from the end of MGS3. Perhaps I need to play Portable Ops to see if this is justified, or perhaps this is elaborated in MGSV. But, I could not suspend my belief with this part of the story.

EDIT: Oh and the
Beauty and the Beast Unit

jgminto

I probably shouldn't be surprised but the youtube commenters were so stupid with the Sunrise Quick Look. Nothing either Austin or Alex said was unreasonable.

Xater

Is there a "get out of the first area" thing going on for the Witcher? Should I just go ham on the story path and not bother with sidequests?

Nah Witcher you can do whatever. Side quests are actually interesting. Once you are out of the starting are though will no longer be able to just clear out one area. You will get quests that are way beyond your level so you will have to return later then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom