• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY! Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 coming to PS4 (and PC) http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/02/cook-serve-delicious-2-coming-to-ps4/

Nice shout out to Ryan by Chubbigans in the blog post

Still, I didn’t know if that would play to the gaming audience, given that a large majority of cooking games were of the simple, casual variety, and Cook, Serve, Delicious! was very much the opposite of that. In fact it didn’t really take off until Ryan Davis of Giantbomb picked it up for a Quick Look video. Since then, the game has inspired hundreds of Let’s Play videos and streams for a cumulative total of more than six million views, and has grossed nearly a million across PC and mobile.

Sulik2

I think after this weeks Bombcast I am ready to official declare I like the Beastcast better then the Bombcast now. The Bombcast needs Patrick or Vinny back badly. Its all Jeff and Brad. Jason is better then Drew or Dan though.

I think after this weeks Bombcast I am ready to official declare I like the Beastcast better then the Bombcast now. The Bombcast needs Patrick or Vinny back badly. Its all Jeff and Brad. Jason is better then Drew or Dan though.

I was actually going to say this week's bombcast was a huge improvement with everyone talking a lot more.

If the Ryckert-cast was weekly and public it would be #1 on Itunes.

Paul and the other guy should just start their own podcast of randomly hanging out in a bar once a week.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I was actually going to say this week's bombcast was a huge improvement with everyone talking a lot more.

Well you two know what you have to do now.

I'll prepare the knives.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

bestcast reigns supreme

I'd be interested in a jeff + brad + guest format

Yeah, I think he's great on other podcasts, just not so much the Bombcast. He just needs another premium podcast besides Alt-F1.

bomb after reading with drew as host, it's insane that they dropped that idea like a hot potato

Zaph

I join the GB server and it's playing Good Vibrations going into a dubstep remix of the X Files theme.

It's like I never left.

Myggen

Hey Drew doesn't play many games but at least he likes games unlike some other people.

r5gRYEr.png

Sulik2

Paul and the other guy should just start their own podcast of randomly hanging out in a bar once a week.

Everyone talking is only part of the issue. The discussion just isn't as good as it used to be and I really like Jeff Bakalar and Austin.

There is a special place in hell for Drew haters.

I think Drew is great when he talks, he just disappears far too much.

PC. Support will be better and Steam > eShop. Just depends if a mobile version matters to you or not.

I'm pretty sure I get two copies, so I'll be going PC and PS4.

You can like Drew and realize he isn't a great fit for the podcast

I enjoy Drew on the podcast, his sense of humor is a welcome change of pace. And frankly a bunch of people just love to complain for the sake of complaining. I dont enjoy Rorie but I would still listen to the podcast every week if he was on it and I wouldn't complain about it.

daydream

Banned
Guys should I get my backer copy of Mighty No. 9 on PC or 3DS?

mm type games are excellent on a handheld, and the 3d (if it has it) will look really nice as is custom for 2d games on that thing

unless you're part of the, like, 1% who play consoles/pc at home and handheld on the go because i literally only meet those kinds of people once in a blue moon. handhelds are very much home devices for most people, i think

Someone needs to send Austin the great clip of Vinny's edits of what Patrick had to say about Microsoft from that Bombcast to show Austin what happens when you give Vinny full control.

justjim89

Can someone remind me what this Mike Drucker guy has to do with videogames? I know he's a writer and comedian, but I think there was some videgame involvement before.

Worked for Nintendo (localized Kid Icarus Uprising and wrote a lot of the jokes), worked for IGN (co-created and wrote for Up At Noon) now works for Jimmy Fallon both in the Late Night days and now for the Tonight Show. He's a pretty funny guy.

mm type games are excellent on a handheld, and the 3d (if it has it) will look really nice as is custom for 2d games on that thing

unless you're part of the, like, 1% who play consoles/pc at home and handheld on the go because i literally only meet those kinds of people once in a blue moon. handhelds are very much home devices for most people, i think

Oh yeah, I totally play my handheld games at home.

I went with the PC version for MN9.

Megasoum

Banned
Holy shit that Peter Moore anecdote about the MSN Gaming Zone hahaha

When he was head of XBox some engineer explained to him that they had to move the MSN Gaming Zone from the super old NT servers they were using at the time to new more powerfull ones so he did it. They started with the Bridge server.

Peter recieved an email the next day from Bill Gates detailing to him the 50 different reasons he was an idiot for shutting down the servers because Bill tried to login the night before to play his daily Bridge game with Warren Buffett and the servers were down.

lmao... Just the idea that Bill Gates and Warren Buffett used to play Bridge on the frickin MSN Gaming Zone every night is mind blowing hahahaha.

I just sent a question to Brad's tumblr about the bombcast. For some reason, the bombcast always displays episode lengths in seconds only and the file size is always incorrect, usually something between 9 to 11 kilobytes. Apparently it's because you have to manually (or automatically) include those numbers to the RSS metadata or something. I hope he reads it but I might try contacting someone else from GB. It's just a bit if a bother not having a good gague on how long a episode is in my podcast app all until I play it.

This is what I'm talking about:

zYbRQby.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom