• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they try to position it as an apple tv equivalent or something?

they did a pretty shit job of positioning it as anything, but yeah they initially kind of said "hey, it's a fake-ass (but worse) apple tv (that also plays games)."

you can walk into a store and pick any other streaming device at random and have a better product, pretty much.

but hey, for games? good stuff.

they did a pretty shit job of positioning it as anything, but yeah they initially kind of said "hey, it's a fake-ass (but worse) apple tv (that also plays games)."

you can walk into a store and pick any other streaming device at random and have a better product, pretty much.

but hey, for games? good stuff.
God, if I bought it as an apple tv thing I'd be real gutted as the vita apps suck. I'll probably pick one up at some point because of the price drop and there's some stuff I'd prefer to play on a TV.

def sim

I believe that was when they were looking for buyers, not WM themselves. The company that bought Tested suggested Jonah Hill as GB's celebrity endorsement. Jeff was like nah.

Ah I see. I wonder what Jonah Hill would have said.

The tested.com of videogames!

Aw Jamie and Adam probably saved tested and the latter seems to be fairly involved, at least.

Haunted

So who is Bill Trennen exactly? I heard the name before but I don't know him.
He's been with Nintendo for decades. He started out as translator for Treehouse, is now one of the senior personnel in NoA's marketing department.

He's also Miyamoto's personal translator whenever he appears in western interviews.

Megasoum

Banned
that's the shitty movie version of the song

the original is much better

The slang translation on Wikipedia is amazing haha
2015-05-1311-33-42_co1kusx.png

Senior marketing manager at NoA. IE the guy comes after Iwata or Reggie after they announce something in an Nintendo direct.

He's been with Nintendo for decades. He started out as translator for Treehouse, is now one of the senior personnel in NoA's marketing department.

He's also Miyamoto's personal translator whenever he appears in western interviews.

Ah right, thanks guys.

whaaaaat this thing doesnt work with metal gear solid collection?

and no gravity rush

i know it works with p4g

im trying to think what i missed on the psp and what other vita/ps1 games id want to buy

oh and i guess i can mod it have compatibility for more games? we'll see what happens i guess when i play with it

Yeah, I would assume so. That their current studio is still running Windows XP should give you some indication of how up to date it is.

Are you sure that's the case?

IIRC the Windows XP thing was due to a mixer they had not supporting new OSs and not necessarily because they dont give a fuck.

FluxWaveZ

E3 should be fun with GB trying to watch the Nintendo direct and the Square Enix press conference at the same time.

They'll have to choose one or the other, right? Heh, kinda funny that it's between these two specific companies for GB. Maybe they'll go with SE because of the novelty factor, and since they'll have stuff GB might be more receptive to like Deus Ex, Tomb Raider or Hitman.

Or they'll actually try to watch both at the same time and cause chaos.

Xater

E3 should be fun with GB trying to watch the Nintendo direct and the Square Enix press conference at the same time.

I'd hope they are smart like the rest and just watch Nintendo. Because seriously who in their right mind will chose Squeenix over them unless they have to be there?

They'll have to choose one or the other, right? Heh, kinda funny that it's between these two specific companies for GB. Maybe they'll go with SE because of the novelty factor, and since they'll have stuff GB might be more receptive to like Deus Ex, Tomb Raider or Hitman.

DUAL SCREENS

Falifax

I'd hope they are smart like the rest and just watch Nintendo. Because seriously who in their right mind will chose Squeenix over them unless they have to be there?

I'll just check out, if there is going to be, footage of Deus Ex and that's about it regarding SE.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Who in their right mind would choose to watch a pre-recorded video over a live conference if they're covering it?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It's Square Enix though. So fuck 'em.

It's Square Enix though. After that FF7 port announcement, I'm gonna be on the edge of my seat for their next reveal. I half expect them to just put a picture of decomposing roadkill up on the screen after they're done talking.

There's zero reason to cover the Nintendo direct "live". It's not live. Why do live coverage of a recorded video?

They should totally just watch both, it's the perfect dumb idea.

It's Square Enix though. After that FF7 port announcement, I'm gonna be on the edge of my seat for their next reveal. I half expect them to just put a picture of decomposing roadkill up on the screen after they're done talking.

There's zero reason to cover the Nintendo direct "live". It's not live. Why do live coverage of a recorded video?

So what's the reason to cover any of the press conferences live? It's not like they're going to disappear from the internet for all of time after the stream is done. The Nintendo video is a scheduled stream just like the other ones.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
You know that dual-screens will just result in them switching to a trailer halfway through, wondering what happened and what's going on right now.
They should watch Nintendo and here is my reasoning:
One of them is Nintendo, the other is Square Enix.
I rest my case

justjim89

i am on team square enix

I'm only on team Squeenix if they show Hitman 6.

Edit: It's also kinda funny how Jeff talked about how much he loved Castle Wolfenstein, because to me that seems like a precursor to Hitman or Death to Spies, but he doesn't seem to harbor much love for those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom