• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
why's everybody talking about Brock Lesnar in the new AC? please tell me that's real

please tell me the new game is set in Suplex City (bitch)

Zebetite

Banned
holy shit dan your selections for Wise vs Kirkhope

would it have killed you to put a DKC1/2 track to actually demonstrate wise's best work to Brad and Jeff?

Anjin M

would it have killed you to put a DKC1/2 track to actually demonstrate wise's best work to Brad and Jeff?

I think that the GOTY cast amply proved that Dan does not know how to select the right songs.

Zebetite

Banned
I think that the GOTY cast amply proved that Dan does not know how to select the right songs.

Tropical Freeze has good music that doesn't really stand out when it isn't hiding behind a good game.

I'll legit listen to Aquatic Ambiance, Stickerbush Symphony, Gangplank Galleon et al. just for the sale of listening to them. Fuckin' amazing shit.

kai3345

Banned
Hey Brad if you're reading this I just thought id give a heads up: this is the third bombcast in a row where I've noticed multiple instances of audio skipping

Myggen

Hey Brad if you're reading this I just thought id give a heads up: this is the third bombcast in a row where I've noticed multiple instances of audio skipping

I'm sure he's already been getting plenty of mentions on Twitter, in the comments etc. It seems to be a problem with their recording equipment in the studio, and Brad has said that they're not allowed to bring a backup because that's how big corporations work (the studio is still running on Windows XP!). I haven't really thought it was a big problem with a couple of small skips (the first time it happened, after Danny read an email, it was a bigger problem). But if it becomes one they can always record the Bombcast like they recorded the GOTY casts; worse audio quality, but you'll at least get consistent audio quality.

I'm just afraid the studio is gonna eat one of their podcasts again, like it did around Christmas last year. It sounds terrifying to record a 3 hour+ thing without backup.

2749480-roriebed.png

Tropical Freeze has good music that doesn't really stand out when it isn't hiding behind a good game.

I'll legit listen to Aquatic Ambiance, Stickerbush Symphony, Gangplank Galleon et al. just for the sale of listening to them. Fuckin' amazing shit.

I'm the biggest fan of Rare made DKC but I don't think they're that much better than the Retro made games. I would argue they are the same level.

Plus, Tropical Freeze has music like this.

Fjolle

I'm sure he's already been getting plenty of mentions on Twitter, in the comments etc. It seems to be a problem with their recording equipment in the studio, and Brad has said that they're not allowed to bring a backup because that's how big corporations work (the studio is still running on Windows XP!). I haven't really thought it was a big problem with a couple of small skips (the first time it happened, after Danny read an email, it was a bigger problem). But if it becomes one they can always record the Bombcast like they recorded the GOTY casts; worse audio quality, but you'll at least get consistent audio quality.

I'm just afraid the studio is gonna eat one of their podcasts again, like it did around Christmas last year. It sounds terrifying to record a 3 hour+ thing without backup.

Yea. Lets hope they get some new hardware with the new studio.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also get an extra mic in there so that we can have both drew and jason and not have to fight it over who's the best.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
now gb should get their own celebrity for e3

Quentyn

You guys are joking, but that really feels like a desperate move from Gamespot to stay relevant. Who is coming next year? Lindsay Lohan?

def sim

Zaph

What a weird stunt. Maybe they can make it work, but I'm not too excited about that kind of thing. It reminds me of when the GB crew talked about some part of Whiskey Media wanting to involve celebrities in their work.
I believe that was when they were looking for buyers, not WM themselves. The company that bought Tested suggested Jonah Hill as GB's celebrity endorsement. Jeff was like nah.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm the biggest fan of Rare made DKC but I don't think they're that much better than the Retro made games. I would argue they are the same level.

Plus, Tropical Freeze has music like this.
Is that your pitch for good Wise music?

What a weird stunt. Maybe they can make it work, but I'm not too excited about that kind of thing. It reminds me of when the GB crew talked about some part of Whiskey Media wanting to involve celebrities in their work.
The tested.com of videogames!

Xater

Dan's competitive nature sometimes makes for some great content. This Kirkhope vs Wise segment on the podcast is already great.

Lijik

Kind of seems like he was trying to pick tracks specifically to fool them, its not like he was picking out top tier kirkhope by mosty limiting himself to dk64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom