• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

They take the piss out of Dan, rightly so, but not one of them said a thing when Jeff asked if peanuts grew on trees.

Just want to say the fig talk on the podcast this week cracked me up. Jason's exasperated "FOR FUCK SAKE DAN" especially.

Seriously. There's not even any "wasp" left, and it's not even really a wasp.

That's what bothers me. He's like "if I don't know it doesn't matter" as the three of them are telling him about the shit people do to the food at Taco Bell (entering Paul mode to pretend he didn't hear it), but the mere mention of a bug climbing into fruit and he loses it. HOW DO YOU THINK FRUIT IS FORMED DAN?! SHIT DOESN'T POLLINATE ITSELF.

I swear to fuck if I lived anywhere near them I'd cart in my terrariums to shove into Dan's face.

They take the piss out of Dan, rightly so, but not one of them said a thing when Jeff asked if peanuts grew on trees.

Very few question where legumes come from.

Myggen

"if I don't know it doesn't matter" is a pretty good rule to live by when it comes to food, I find. I don't want to hear about all the disgusting realities of food, fuck that.

I also think you shouldn't assume that Dan's being entirely serious with his reaction to figs and such.

Sorcerer might have what is straight up the most suspenseful scene of all time. Dat bridge.
As poor as the film is overall, special mention has to go to The Lost World with the cracking pane of glass.

Another one is the organ sequence in The Goonies "If you hit the wrong note, we'll ALL B flat!". I guess it helps that I first saw it at a young age.

But #1 for me, without a doubt, is the vault scene in Mission: Impossible. I get chills every time I watch it. De Palma's so underrated.

TraBuch

Banned
Just got a 30% discount voucher for GMG. Anyone want it? It can only be used by me so you'd have to paypal me the money and then I'd have to PM you the Steam key or GOG key or whatever.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You've heard some of his songs, I'm sure.

I've never heard any of his songs myself (I also was completely lost during the Taylor Swift discussion, I've heard one of her songs from when she was a 16 year old country singer) but I do know who he is. To be fair, I only know him because he was in a Bud Light commercial and I later heard the bombcast talking about him as though he were a real person and not just a commercial mascot.

I'm still not entirely convinced.

TraBuch

Banned
I don't like pop.

I like Lana Del Rey's second album. Like..REALLY like. Like I could listen to it all day on repeat like.

Couldn't get into Ultraviolence, though.

I wish I knew who Pitbull was. I've never been so out of touch with the world, than I have these last few years.

Pvb6V.gif

Dale

justjim89

The fig conversation on the Bombcast gave me a new goal.

We need to collectively ruin Taco Bell and Mickey's for Dan. He says what he doesn't know can't hurt him, so let us educate him. We ought to research as much unsavory information as we can about those products and email them in.

Scizzy

We need to collectively ruin Taco Bell and Mickey's for Dan. He says what he doesn't know can't hurt him, so let us educate him. We ought to research as much unsavory information as we can about those products and email them in.

Dan will love wrestling, Taco Bell, and Terminator 3 until the day he dies. Nothing could possibly dissuade him. Not logic, not reason, not the direct intercession of the almighty. If Taco Bell abandons meat and only offers cricket tacos, he'll eat the damn bugs with a smile on his face.

Easy. The beef used in taco bell tacos is about the same grade as the meat used for pet food.

So all you do is slather some kibbles n bits in gravy onto a taco and serve it to him.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
How's being away from Twitter treating you?

It's been kind of great. I was just getting tired of the mood on that damn site. Everyone's so mad and offended all the time, and it's exhausting. I've been popping in once or twice a day during the week, but not for long and it usually just reminds me of why I want to back off a bit. I was at the point in which refreshing my feed was the first thing I did when I woke up and the last thing I did as I went to bed (plus the 100 or so times I'd refresh my feed throughout the day, on top of having Tweetdeck always up on a second screen). I think I'm gonna continue to back off almost completely on the weekends and evenings, and just occasionally hop on throughout the work days. Hard to say how long I'll keep that up, but I'm liking it a lot for now.

Zaph

I wonder what Dan thinks about Lana.

I fall asleep in an American flag

There's your (d)answer.

It's been kind of great. I was just getting tired of the mood on that damn site. Everyone's so mad and offended all the time, and it's exhausting. I've been popping in once or twice a day during the week, but not for long and it usually just reminds me of why I want to back off a bit. I was at the point in which refreshing my feed was the first thing I did when I woke up and the last thing I did as I went to bed (plus the 100 or so times I'd refresh my feed throughout the day, on top of having Tweetdeck always up on a second screen). I think I'm gonna continue to back off almost completely on the weekends and evenings, and just occasionally hop on throughout the work days. Hard to say how long I'll keep that up, but I'm liking it a lot for now.
Twitter brings out the worst in everyone. Best avoided.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Why did I look up pitbull's music

crappy song followed by crappy song followed by crappy song with almost offensive sullying of a-ha's take on me

I swear to fuck if I lived anywhere near them I'd cart in my terrariums to shove into Dan's face.

you never told us you were a terrariumist.

Any food that has been dyed red using cochineal, carmine, or carminic acid has produced that color by using crushed insects.

Dans probably had thousands of insects without ever knowingly doing so.

Myggen

Twitter was a mistake, people weren't supposed to have such a stream of conscious outlet for their thoughts and feelings, and only being able to express them with 140 characters that doesn't leave much room for nuance. I still use it to follow people I like, but I stay way clear of following big events on Twitter because people tend to be extremely shitty about them, especially if it's something like the Baltimore riots and similar stuff.

I think moving away from at least being "addicted" to Twitter is healthy for everyone.

edit: At least I have a block filter installed for Gamergate people, so that makes following gaming stuff a lot better. Also, sounds like Denis Dyack is going to be added to that list soon.

Teddified

I only use twitter for following the GB guys and new Neogaf threads that I can just skim through real fast to see if any catch my eye.

I usually don't see something bad unless Alex re-tweets some random crazy picture.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Twitter's fine for fuckery but there's ZERO room for nuance there

been trying to avoid it more myself recently

Myggen

I only use twitter for following the GB guys and new Neogaf threads that I can just skim through real fast to see if any catch my eye.

I usually don't see something bad unless Alex re-tweets some random crazy picture.

The bad stuff is usually if you follow some random hashtags (like Dan noted in a tweet, the Baltimore hashtag during the riots was particularly vile), and comments to news articles and stuff like that. I'm betting people with a lot of followers get to see a lot more shitty tweets directed at them all the time, which isn't something we'll ever experience.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Here is the best lyric Pitbull ever wrote. I dare you to disagree.

Me not working hard?
Yeah, right, picture that with a Kodak
Or, better yet, go to Times Square
Take a picture of me with a Kodak

He just really likes Kodak, you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom