• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was holding out hope that SOTN was going to be natively ported to the PC with Konami's recent interest in the PC platform. Then I remember the whole Konami dropping their traditional game business thing. Fuck. I guess emulated PS1 will be the way to go for that.

popo

So how did people back in the day complete Simon's Quest - without a guide? Sometimes in Japanese? Seems like it would involve an awful lot of trial and error. Souls games have a lot of vague bullshit but at least they point you in the general direction of where to go next.

Although that guide they are using - I doubt you have to talk to all the NPCs in order like Vinny is doing.

danm999

Loving this Vinnyvania stream (especially since I don't have to play Simon's Quest; it looks bad), but I think I'm going to back out before the Witcher stream.

Like Frank Costanza, I want to go in fresh.

Myggen

So how did people back in the day complete Simon's Quest - without a guide? Sometimes in Japanese? Seems like it would involve an awful lot of trial and error. Souls games have a lot of vague bullshit but at least they point you in the general direction of where to go next.

Although that guide they are using - I doubt you have to talk to all the NPCs in order like Vinny is doing.

I just got stuck at some point when I first played it a few years after it came out. Stuff like the tornado shit is just guesswork, so unless you have a guide you're probably fucked (Nintendo Power helped for later games, but first issue didn't come out for a few months after the Simon's Quest release in the US).

edit: Seems like I was wrong about the timeline of Simon's Quest and Nintendo Power. I'm guessing there were some tips in Nintendo Power that helped folks in the States.

220px-Nintendopower002.jpg

Neither Firefox nor Chrome can display live videos from Giant Bomb anymore. On my MacBook. Sigh. When are they going to fully change to HTML5. I feel that that would correct every problem.

Myggen

Neither Firefox nor Chrome can display live videos from Giant Bomb anymore. On my MacBook. Sigh. When are they going to fully change to HTML5. I feel that that would correct every problem.

Edgework (CBSi engineer) said on the BLLSL after hour stream that they were in the process of changing the live player to HTML5, so probably pretty soon.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Open it in vlc. Open the stream page, hit F12, go to Network tab, find link that looks like "http://gamespothdflash-f.akamaihd.net/blahblahblah_1_1400@46333" and open it in VLC.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I just got stuck at some point when I first played it a few years after it came out. Stuff like the tornado shit is just guesswork, so unless you have a guide you're probably fucked (Nintendo Power helped for later games, but first issue didn't come out for a few months after the Simon's Quest release in the US).

edit: Seems like I was wrong about the timeline of Simon's Quest and Nintendo Power. I'm guessing there were some tips in Nintendo Power that helped folks in the States.

220px-Nintendopower002.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, there was complete walkthrough for the game in that issue telling you specifically what to do with pictures.

There was also a mild concern about the decapitated head on the cover.

edit 2: Oops, not Nintendo Power, that was actually a scan from a guide

Xater

You getting a black screen or something? I had that a couple of weeks ago and now it's working again. I am also on a Mac. To this day I don#t know what the problem was.

justjim89

I plan on picking up TW3, but I can't help but watch Vinny stream it. Hell, if it ends up like TW1 or 2, I'll end up restarting the thing half a dozen times anyway.

Myggen

I plan on picking up TW3, but I can't help but watch Vinny stream it. Hell, if it ends up like TW1 or 2, I'll end up restarting the thing half a dozen times anyway.

Yeah, the game is a huge open world game. I'm not bothered by early game spoilers of a game like that.

Xater

Yeah, the game is a huge open world game. I'm not bothered by early game spoilers of a game like that.

Yeah decided to watch a well. Also I might even make different decisions than Vinny so even seeing the early part again tomorrow will probably not be that bad.

Edgework (CBSi engineer) said on the BLLSL after hour stream that they were in the process of changing the live player to HTML5, so probably pretty soon.

I see. Cool.

Open it in vlc. Open the stream page, hit F12, go to Network tab, find link that looks like "http://gamespothdflash-f.akamaihd.net/blahblahblah_1_1400@46333" and open it in VLC.

I will try this. Thanks.

You getting a black screen or something? I had that a couple of weeks ago and now it's working again. I am also on a Mac. To this day I don#t know what the problem was.

I get a black screen with the four white bars. This:

vtmBhlU.jpg

That's on Chrome. On Firefox I don't get the white bars, just the black screen.

edit: I should specify that the video works on Firefox on my windows PC. That's how I'm watching it currently. It does not work on neither Firefox nor Chrome on my MacBook. It also does not work on Chrome on my PC.

Xater

vtmBhlU.jpg

Yeah, exactly what happened to me. Sorry I can't help you out because I was as clueless as you are. It just somehow solved itself after a week. It was also just with live content as in your case.

Myggen

Yeah decided to watch a well. Also I might even make different decisions than Vinny so even seeing the early part again tomorrow will probably not be that bad.

Yeah, I watched the Greg Kasavin stream of Skyrim live, and I didn't think that hindered my enjoyment of the first few hours of that game. I generally don't care much about spoilers, especially when the game is open world.

vtmBhlU.jpg

I get the same with Chrome on Windows, not with Firefox. Who the fuck knows why.

Zebetite

Banned
vinny's totally gonna skip rondo, isn't he

:(

I don't remember much avec Castlevania 3 but Super Castlevania 4 is one of my favorite game on the SNES.

considering how rough a time vinny had of CV1 dracula it's safe to say he won't be finishing CV3 for a while yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom