• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sometimes looks like its running at sub 20 fps though? Maybe there's a launch day patch? I'm just kinda shocked its running this bad while not even looking great.

man videogames are really dumb, this is some dire stuff compared to the Witcher 1 and 2 intros

which intro for W2? The actual in-game intro or the kickass cutscene that plays before you start the game?

Both had really great CG intros, you telling me that TW3 drops the ball in that regard?

Myggen

It sometimes looks like its running at sub 20 fps though? Maybe there's a launch day patch? I'm just kinda shocked its running this bad while not even looking great.

The comparison videos that have been done so far makes sub 20 pretty likely for the Xbone version. If you're seeing shit performance it's probably the game.

edit: "I'm too old for this shit"?!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Danny streamed Xbox One Witcher 3 yesterday and it was fine!? But I also don't really see a bad framerate here, either.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-xbox-one-now-playing/2300-6424837/

edit: Does anyone else have these weird artifacts on the player itself? Using Chrome on Windows 7 here.

unbenannt2mum7.jpg

Framerate seems fine most of the time, was only awful when the first real time cutscene started(and the hitching in the pre-rendered one)

Game looks nice!

Open it in vlc. Open the stream page, hit F12, go to Network tab, find link that looks like "http://gamespothdflash-f.akamaihd.net/blahblahblah_1_1400@46333" and open it in VLC.

I cannot find the link. I tried some but they didn't work.

edit: christ, now the website does not recognize neither my password nor my email. What the fuck is going on at that website ?

Thanks. How did you get it exactly ? I couldn't find it by inspecting the page's code.

edit: also, whom should I tweet to get my account fixed ? I changed my password earlier and now the website does not recognize neither my old password or my new. God fucking damnit. This is getting infuriating.

edit 2: damn, that link works in VLC on my windows PC, but now on my mac. What the hell.

edit 3: ok the link worked after updating VLC. Sigh.

Anjin M

you guys can stop speculating, now

@caraellison 10m10 minutes ago
I got a job making games: please don't send me any more PR, I won't write about your game, it's a waste of your time and my inbox is a mess
Good for her. I hope she gets to talk about it.

The journalist/dev incestuous cycle is churning faster and faster
There are far more dev jobs in the world than game journalist jobs right now. I am no longer surprised when this happens.

The writing and voice acting seems quite a bit stronger than I would expect from a game of this size. Hopefully that keeps up for the rest of the game.

you guys can stop speculating, now

@caraellison 10m10 minutes ago
I got a job making games: please don't send me any more PR, I won't write about your game, it's a waste of your time and my inbox is a mess

It's not that I was holding out hope or anything butttttttttt

Good for her!

Truant

Every GB video I watch has this weird lag where the video stops for like a second, but the audio keeps going. ALso affecting the Witcher stream, in both SD and HD.

Only happens on GB's stuff, YouTube and Netflix are fine. I have a pretty decent gaming PC, and I'm using Google DNS.

Every GB video I watch has this weird lag where the video stops for like a second, but the audio keeps going.

Only happens on GB's stuff, YouTube and Netflix are fine. I have a pretty decent gaming PC, and I'm using Google DNS.

Try HTML5. I found that even on my decent gaming rig that there were some issues with videos playing properly. I had to switch over to Chrome to use HTML5 since for whatever reason Firefox was real buggy about the HTML5 option.

Myggen

Every GB video I watch has this weird lag where the video stops for like a second, but the audio keeps going. ALso affecting the Witcher stream, in both SD and HD.

If you're having trouble with the live player, they mirror the free streams to twitch.tv/giantbomb

I recommend the HTML5 player on the site if you're a subscriber.

Hey here's a weird question, is there any way to remove the top bar in the gb/chat section? On my monitor, when I get rid of the sidebars, I actually can't see the entire video. It's cut off because of that top bar.

JambiBum

I had that artifacting with the player earlier and when I tried to full screen the player just kept flashing. Restarting my browser fixed it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom