• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Largo

Three freaking live streams today and I'm stuck on a plane. Great. On the other hand I'm heading to San Francisco so I might be able to break into the GB offices and steal Dan's slap nuts guitar.

Zornack

You just made me open my 3DS for the first time in weeks to get it. Thanks.

Ditto mcfiddaly diddaly doe.

I can't believe how simply swapping out the P&D characters for Mario characters has made me interested in this game. I don't even have any real fondness for the Mario characters, I think it's just that the P&D art was really off putting to me. It looks super generic Japanese free to play.

Fireblend

Banned
Cool Witcher stream.

And I loved the Rebel Galaxy Unfinished. Seems like something I could get into to satisfy my need for a cool space combat game without feeling intimidated about all the systems in those space sims Vinny talks about, which he's absolutely right about. Was that an exclusive press build they played? or is there some early access-ish way to get it?

Myggen

Cool Witcher stream.

And I loved the Rebel Galaxy Unfinished. Seems like something I could get into to satisfy my need for a cool space combat game without feeling intimidated about all the systems in those space sims Vinny talks about, which he's absolutely right about. Was that an exclusive press build they played? or is there some early access-ish way to get it?

Preview build. Game isn't going early access. Don't think there's a specific date yet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Beaumont
TIDJK.gif

bboymaestro

Neo Member
Ditto mcfiddaly diddaly doe.

I can't believe how simply swapping out the P&D characters for Mario characters has made me interested in this game. I don't even have any real fondness for the Mario characters, I think it's just that the P&D art was really off putting to me. It looks super generic Japanese free to play.

A lot of the Mario novelty helps carry it, but I've only played two stages, so who knows how long it will hold up. This is my third licensed f2p puzzle game (err 2 1/2, doubt Pokemon Rumble World is a puzzler) and I've yet to pay a red cent. Suck it, addictive repetition.

Twin Tails, you can't hide your shame. It will follow you wherever you go, people will point at you when theyre with their children when they need an example of how far a man can fall.

Kind of an out-of-nowhere thought, but I find it really weird that Jeff gets bothered by momentum-heavy movement in Witcher 3 and thinks games like Halo feel too "swimmy," and yet I never heard him say anything about the way GTA V controls. Everyone in that game controls like a semi truck.

Have they mentioned if they're going to do all the shows? I'm sure they'll skip the PC gaming show. But even with Square and Bethesda that's two more than last year.

Lelcar

Forget Castlevania, Vinny and Alex need a feature where they just play open world games. Their hilarious reactions to character dialogue plus Vinny's chaotic game-breaking playstyle is entertainment magic!

Myggen

Have they mentioned if they're going to do all the shows? I'm sure they'll skip the PC gaming show. But even with Square and Bethesda that's two more than last year.

They haven't said. They're skipping the PC show and doing all the major ones, but dunno about the Square Enix one. If they're doing the Nintendo conference (or is it a conference? I haven't kept up), they might as well do the Square one too if Nintendo is just an hour.

edit: Chat is up

shwimpy

Kind of an out-of-nowhere thought, but I find it really weird that Jeff gets bothered by momentum-heavy movement in Witcher 3 and thinks games like Halo feel too "swimmy," and yet I never heard him say anything about the way GTA V controls. Everyone in that game controls like a semi truck.
He secretly hates GTAV. Didn't put it in his top 10 that year and only gave it a 5/5 because reasons.

I know that he has complained about how GTA feels in relation to the first person mode that they added but I don't know if he's ever mentioned it before then.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Whoa Brad's hair looks actually good and not just hilariously good.

I need a haircut. It's the first time in about two years that I've felt this way. Dammit Brad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom