• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

If we're ranking entertainment on the Ryckert Scale of how ridiculous it sounds when you describe what's happening onscreen, Fury Road is a god-tier film.

Incredible film, just never stops. Thinking about finding the time to catch a dbox showing next weekend. But already had to promise we'd watch Pitch Perfect 2 to convince my lady friend the first time
(secretly that's a win/win, I love Pitch Perfect).

Myggen

Via Reddit, a Ryan tribute in Invisible Inc.:

DBtmAjI.jpg

Better than Warframe probably. My experience with Warframe was a lot of wondering just what to do next. It didn't seem like a very friendly experience to newcomers.

Yeah this was more or less my experience, then when I did figure out how to do something it took way too long to actually feel like I was making any sort of progress.

They're gradually working on Warframe to make it less impenetrable.

Matter of fact, there's going to be an upcoming map change that reduces it from whatever insane number there is now to 20 nodes that rotate missions and maps (you can use the in game money to buy a specific mission and map is the plan). I'm not looking forward to it, but it makes the map a little less clusterfucked.

They're gradually working on Warframe to make it less impenetrable.

Matter of fact, there's going to be an upcoming map change that reduces it from whatever insane number there is now to 20 nodes that rotate missions and maps (you can use the in game money to buy a specific mission and map is the plan). I'm not looking forward to it, but it makes the map a little less clusterfucked.

I heard rumblings of another map change but never bothered with the details since the current map is decent but missing crucial information (a critical path tip would be appreciated such as "defeat the current boss to get access to another planet", etc)

if this is their method then WTF.

I heard rumblings of another map change but never bothered with the details since the current map is decent but missing crucial information (a critical path tip would be appreciated such as "defeat the current boss to get access to another planet", etc)

if this is their method then WTF.

The old map was so fucking good. Then they made this version for the console launch.

Old overview (instead of being on the ship), and old map for those who don't know. Look at all that beautiful, clear path progression.

God I miss the old UI. I believe they're working on another revamp but honestly I'd be so happy if they just gave you the option to use one or the other.

The old map was so fucking good. Then they made this version for the console launch.

Old overview (instead of being on the ship), and old map for those who don't know. Look at all that beautiful, clear path progression.

God I miss the old UI. I believe they're working on another revamp but honestly I'd be so happy if they just gave you the option to use one or the other.

eh it sounded more of a drag compared to the new one tbh.

i like the current concept of each node being able to unlock the other nodes surrounding around it, sadly not enough of the initially open ones are near to the boss.

Also their biggest issue is that almost 3/4 of the entire thing is now fucking worthless to the seasoned players (they practically live in the 1/4 aka Void and a few of the high level Planets) so the new players will usually have to slog on their own (or with a similar level player) for a while unless they ask for help or maybe a kind soul offers assistance.

Megasoum

Banned
Judges week!? Whats that?

A bunch of journalists are invited to LA a couple of weeks before E3 to see the games that will be shown at the convetion. This gives them time to write articles to release on day1 of E3.

My first instinct was scouting out a location but that makes more sense.

He said they already have the place so no more scouting to do.

No, but I assume so. They've always done one I think.

I just asked Jeff on Twitter about it but he's on the road so who knows if he'll reply.

A bunch of journalists are invited to LA a couple of weeks before E3 to see the games that will be shown at the convetion. This gives them time to write articles to release on day1 of E3.

iirc a panel of games people get to see the playable demos for E3 then vote on the best ones (eg best of show, etc). Because of that they usually have an idea of whats gonna be at E3 before the show actually happens

Oooh neat. I bet he's gonna see No Mans Sky.

Because of that every year Jeff is then stuck under embargo for a bunch of games for the next couple of weeks which can make the following bombcasts a bit awkward lol.

Yeah....I mean I'm sure he'll tell Dan/Brad/Drew etc., but not being able to talk about it would be excruciating.

So I've been SaltyBetting thanks to this thread

all hail Captain Caveman

Always bet on Galactus! He once beat Dwayne(Who's considered unbeatable). I did not vote for him because I was weak.

I might be mixing a bit of VGA/VGX in that explanation so apologies.

but the main point is they usually see some of the E3 stuff before the show

Right, neat.

Always bet on Galactus! He once beat Dwayne(Who's considered unbeatable). I did not vote for him because I was weak.

The tournament that just ended now was incredible. Zangief EX3 vs MegaMan.exe for the tournament, and Gief kept switching back to human form for no good reason. Gave .exe 2 rounds for no good reason. He won it in the end though.

And he won me like 21k salties.

Alfredo

I just watched the Stretchmo Quick Look. I wonder why they didn't bother showing off all the level packs. I really wanted to learn more about the "Fortress of Fun" which adds enemies and obstacles to the puzzles, but I guess I gotta look elsewhere for that.

Egg0

Banned
I haven't been back to saltybets since I lost illuminati status. Couldn't go back to the saltmines after that.

Just got back from Mad Max... My god. So hyped for the game later this year, but man, releasing on the same day as MGSV? C'mon!

callsign-n7 asked:Have you taken a hard policy against attending preview events, or is it more a case by case sort of thing?
It’s case-by-case. It depends on what we get out of the event, coverage-wise. Events that don’t let us take our own video in the format we like to produce are mostly useless to us at the moment.

I try to wait for the right opportunity to cover a game, rather than lapping up whatever event or interview gets thrown out way. We turn down a ton of stuff, even when it’s for games that we’re somewhat excited about.

Makes sense why they didn't send anyone to the MGSV event.

I haven't been back to saltybets since I lost illuminati status. Couldn't go back to the saltmines after that.

Just got back from Mad Max... My god. So hyped for the game later this year, but man, releasing on the same day as MGSV? C'mon!

i am getting both on day 1

my poor wallet

I can't seem to find anything via qlcrew.com, but I could sworn that giantbomb did something with the game Black on original xbox or ps2 at one point. Whether it was a UPF, or TNT, I can't remember. Am I wrong?

daydream

Banned
I can't seem to find anything via qlcrew.com, but I could sworn that giantbomb did something with the game Black on original xbox or ps2 at one point. Whether it was a UPF, or TNT, I can't remember. Am I wrong?

Pretty sure they have never played it. It would be linked on qlcrew and the site (via the game page). Also, I don't remember it happening and I usually do.

It comes up now and then in conversations. Rarely, though.

Jothel

Last time I remember them playing it was on On The Spot on Gamespot, so same duders just different site. Probably no way to find it now sadly really.

Chris Tilton, friend of Giant Bomb (he posts in the UPF chat room almost every Friday), did the music for Black with Michael Giacchino (now an Oscar winning composer for his work on Pixar's Up). They both also did the soundtrack to Mercenaries (which was played on the last UPF).

Myggen

Chris Tilton, friend of Giant Bomb (he posts in the UPF chat room almost every Friday), did the music for Black with Michael Giacchino (now an Oscar winning composer for his work on Pixar's Up). They both also did the soundtrack to Mercenaries (which was played on the last UPF).

Shit, Tilton did the soundtrack to Mercenaries?

I'll always be a fan of Tilton since he was one of the composers on Fringe. That show had fucking amazing music.

danm999

I seem to remember a Saltybet of Jeff vs Scrooge McDuck and Jeff tweeted it saying it was their review of Ducktales remastered.

Shit, Tilton did the soundtrack to Mercenaries?

I'll always be a fan of Tilton since he was one of the composers on Fringe. That show had fucking amazing music.

Yup. http://lalalandrecords.com/Site/Mercenaries.html

Edit- You can listen to his Mercenaries 2 soundtrack on Spotify (The albums he worked on that can be listened to on Spotiy are Mercs 2, AC: Liberty, SimCity and its Cities of Tomorrow expansion, Black, and all five seasons of Fringe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom