• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Just came back from seeing Mad Max... Yeah it's not bad. Not sure why so many people are seeing it as the second coming of the Christ or whatever but yeah, good action.

Nopren

Just started watching the archive of the most recent UPF. I just saw Dan fling a jeep from a helicopter. I guess it's time to re-install Just Cause 2.

tchocky

In case any crazy people are still playing WWE Supercard they're giving away 300 free credits if you log into the game before the Payback PPV tomorrow night.

In case any crazy people are still playing WWE Supercard they're giving away 300 free credits if you log into the game before the Payback PPV tomorrow night.

why is randy orton in the main event

fuck any answer other than "they're saving the triple threat shield match for wrestlemania"

Megasoum

Banned
So is Norm McDonald supposed to be funny? I'm watching his Letterman sketch and the only funny joke I heard so far was the "ID" one.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
IIRC Dracula put a curse on him (hence the night line) and the only way to break it was to assemble him and kill him again.

Huh. Well, resurrecting him certainly seemed a lot harder than killing him again.
Looking for a specific Quick Look, it was one of Dan's first for the site and some shitty horror game about a lady that chases you around on a camping ground. I think it was called "Night Something"

Myggen

I wonder why the Witcher 3 video has so many more downvotes than any other GBEast video on YouTube.

Edit: Going by the comments, seems like people hate Witcher 3 now?

I've been playing some of the F2P Puzzle & Dragons since that quick look. The core puzzling is brilliant but I don't think I'll be able to deal with the grinding and monetization hooks. That gameplay with a more Puzzle Quest-ish structure would be incredible. Maybe the 3DS version will be enough of that for me to give it a buy.

Fantastapotamus

I wonder why the Witcher 3 video has so many more downvotes than any other GBEast video on YouTube.

It's because of the DOWNGRADE!

I seriously can't believe this open world RPG doesn't look like The Order. Making your product look better in your advertisement? Who has even heard of such a thing before?
Also wth were you doing reading Youtube comments? Come on man, we all care for you. Don't do this to yourself. You have so much to live for.

Myggen

It's because of the DOWNGRADE!

I seriously can't believe this open world RPG doesn't look like The Order. Making your product look better in your advertisement? Who has even heard of such a thing before?
Also wth were you doing reading Youtube comments? Come on man, we all care for you. Don't do this to yourself. You have so much to live for.

When it comes to Witcher 3, I do understand the frustration (I've been reading a bit of the downgrade thread on GAF), because that dev has been such a PC dev up to this point. So them developing the game with consoles in mind which probably means that the PC version has taken a visual hit is disappointing for a lot of people. But to go from that to just outright hating the game before it's released? That's crazy to me.

I never really know what to think of these downgrade controversies. I take initial trailers like the E3 Watch Dogs trailer with a huge grain of salt, and understand that games can change when the realities of getting the game out of the door sets in. As long as the trailer is in good faith I have no real problem with the product turning out to be different from what they've shown.

And yeah, I normally don't read YT comments. So not gonna start now.

Falifax

Seems more like people stumbled upon a fresh Witcher 3 video but can't grasp the fact that Giant Bomb is a personality driven website and not your everyday let's play channel. They are annyoed when they talk over cutscenes, judging by the comments.

Unlike Watchdogs, Witcher 3 still looks good. Also, I'm willing to bet people will mod the fuck out of it.

Never read youtube comments. You'll just make yourself sad.

Really hope Vinny changes his mind about ignoring the handheld Castlevania games. Seems weird given they're full fledged games in the series and very well respected.

Edit: The GBA and DS games that is, forgot about Legends. The DS games in particular are exceptional and have the best bosses in the series.

Egg0

Banned
Watching some Witcher 3 streams, Geralts' hair tech seems broken. It looks pretty nice when he's walking around outdoors. But while standing still indoors, his hair still moves around like there are giant fans pointing towards him.

Obviously the reason why people are turning on this game.

Watching some Witcher 3 streams, Geralts' hair tech seems broken. It looks pretty nice when he's walking around outdoors. But while standing still while indoors, his hair still moves around like there are giant fans pointing towards him.

Obviously the reason why people are turning on this game.

Haven't you watched the trees in the game? Apparently the coming of the Wild Hunt is foretold by perpetual hurricane-force winds

Fantastapotamus

Really hope Vinny changes his mind about ignoring the handheld Castlevania games. Seems weird given they're full fledged games in the series and very well respected.

Edit: The GBA and DS games that is, forgot about Legends. The DS games in particular are exceptional and have the best bosses in the series.

They are great but I don't know if I want Vinny to play every Castlevania game. Seems like a waste, I'd rather watch him play something else tbh. I don't think those games are that fun to watch even though they are great games. There are games better suited to Vinny's playstyle I think.

Jintor

Seems more like people stumbled upon a fresh Witcher 3 video but can't grasp the fact that Giant Bomb is a personality driven website and not your everyday let's play channel. They are annyoed when they talk over cutscenes, judging by the comments.

I cannot tahan raw footage videos, I just can't

When it comes to Witcher 3, I do understand the frustration (I've been reading a bit of the downgrade thread on GAF), because that dev has been such a PC dev up to this point. So them developing the game with consoles in mind which probably means that the PC version has taken a visual hit is disappointing for a lot of people. But to go from that to just outright hating the game before it's released? That's crazy to me.

I never really know what to think of these downgrade controversies. I take initial trailers like the E3 Watch Dogs trailer with a huge grain of salt, and understand that games can change when the realities of getting the game out of the door sets in. As long as the trailer is in good faith I have no real problem with the product turning out to be different from what they've shown.

And yeah, I normally don't read YT comments. So not gonna start now.

It's a topic I've avoided and I really should probably keep my mouth shut but whatever. There is a discussion to be had for sure when it comes to obvious compromises. CDPR doesn't deserve a pass in any way, however, threads like that, especially on other more loosely moderated places spiral and fester and after weeks the discussion can become so toxic It goes from unfortunate development realities to deceitful malicious intent and betrayal. It can overwhelm every other topic of discussion of what is a massive, ambitious game that has so far been very well received by those who have played it. Luckily on gaf the topic has been centralized to a single thread so comparison images aren't dominating every single Witcher 3 topic on the site like it was before that thread was created.

They are great but I don't know if I want Vinny to play every Castlevania game. Seems like a waste, I'd rather watch him play something else tbh. I don't think those games are that fun to watch even though they are great games. There are games better suited to Vinny's playstyle I think.
Just seems like a shame to skip the best games in the series. I agree that they aren't necessarily the most dynamic games to watch others play but Vinny makes most things fun. The joy of the first Vinnyvania was watching him grind his teeth on Dracula and Dawn of Sorrow/Order of Ecclesia have plenty of similarly challenging bosses.

I don't really see any reason not to go through as much as the series as possible until Vinny leaves to produce tv and giantbomb dies :p It's not like it's a daily feature where it would get boring eventually. Seeing how the series grows would be cool. If they do end up just sampling the series then they should at least play Order of Ecclesia.

And I think it's really disappointing about the Witcher 3 downgrade, even more so with that recent interview where CDP went full PR mode and insulted people who could tell what they removed by saying we were missing the obvious resolution and framerate advantage. I wouldn't care if they hadn't continued to put in the old footage with the new trailer. The NVIDIA gameworks video released a month or two ago has tons of pre-downgrade gameplay which is pretty gross. Still looking forward to the game but I don't think companies misrepresenting games so close to launch is something that should be brushed aside.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
18540b3a8b7e4212ecad0592a72f57ab.png

There may be hope.

fuck. yes. i just got a free copy from work too.

Brashnir

I never really know what to think of these downgrade controversies. I take initial trailers like the E3 Watch Dogs trailer as the ridiculous amount of bullshit that they always are, and understand that games can change when the realities of getting the game out of the door sets in. As long as the trailer is in good faith I have no real problem with the product turning out to be different from what they've shown.

Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom