• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to go see Mad Max at the movie theater that's 7 miles away. Instead I sat in traffic for 70 minutes due to an iron man event as the stupidest cops I've ever seen directed cars into each other. Fuck.

Going to try to go to the late showing in two hours as I have work to do tomorrow and I'm busy all of next week :/

Megasoum

Banned
I started watching Veep recently (great show btw) and just noticed that the music is by "Rupert Gregson-Williams"... I looked him up on Google and sure enough... He's Harry's brother. That's one talented family.

I started watching Veep recently (great show btw) and just noticed that the music is by "Rupert Gregson-Williams"... I looked him up on Google and sure enough... He's Harry's brother. That's one talented family.

And they are typically associated with Remote Control Productions (Formerly Media Ventures) which Hans Zimmer is an owner. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Control_Productions

I guess that's the reason why music from the those composers sometimes sounds "samey".

god this shit is killing me so bad
I ended up watching it all again, I was crying at some point.

Bread looking fine.
2750247-badbrad.jpg

Ok watching Danny and Alexis play through PT is great. I think all the Giant Bombers should play PT. Like, one by one. Actually I'll just imagine it-

Jeff-"It looks pretty nice! I mean, fuck this game and it's horror, but you're very nice looking horror."
Brad-"Nope!"
Drew-"I can appreciate this game but it's just to, it's just too dense for me? I guess? It's not the games fault, it's just that it doesn't teach you anything!"
Dan-"This is fucking cool!"
Jason-"Yup this is PT alright".

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I know he's a traitor to the site and everything, but that kleptok fella should check out steins;gate when it releases on vita if he still has that VN bug.

What a fantastic and emotionally draining experience.

santeesioux

I watched that Japanese movie called Versus that Dan was talking about in one of the Metal Gear Scanlons I think, the one that Kojima's friend that directed the Twin Snakes directed. It sure was a thing.

Nintaiyo

On a recent Bombcast, one of the guys (maybe Drew?) talked about an iPhone game that was fun to play with a significant other. Anybody remember what it was?

I watched that Japanese movie called Versus that Dan was talking about in one of the Metal Gear Scanlons I think, the one that Kojima's friend that directed the Twin Snakes directed. It sure was a thing.
For some reason, I remember liking it when I saw it first. Then I watched it again a month later and thought it was awful. This was around a decade ago.

Haunted

Seems more like people stumbled upon a fresh Witcher 3 video but can't grasp the fact that Giant Bomb is a personality driven website and not your everyday let's play channel. They are annyoed when they talk over cutscenes, judging by the comments.
Popular personality driven yt videos almost always have a facecam attached so the personality can connect to viewers.

In that sense, I think it's fairly normal to be negatively surprised as a regular YT user not familiar with GB when there's no facecam (indicating raw footage/content) but suddenly an unseen voice starts talking over it.

Blablurn

Love that movie haha

Watched it once yeeaaaars ago. Enjoyed it.

But I also think I should leave it at this one time.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Popular personality driven yt videos almost always have a facecam attached so the personality can connect to viewers.

In that sense, I think it's fairly normal to be negatively surprised as a regular YT user not familiar with GB when there's no facecam (indicating raw footage/content) but suddenly an unseen voice starts talking over it.
But...there is a facecam in that video.

Also, I'm not a fan of talking over cutscenes either.

Gonna get myself (even more) hyped for E3 by listening to Bombcast E3 2009 coverage. Looking forward to all that hot info about Mass Effect 2.

Majine

Banned
It's fun to see Youtube comments for quick looks seemingly always be how it's not "quick" when it's this long. This generation, man.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Hi I just played 161 holes of Desert Golfing in a row because I'm a broken a trash person. The Bombcast has done this to me and I resent them for it.

Hi I just played 161 holes of Desert Golfing in a row because I'm a broken a trash person. The Bombcast has done this to me and I resent them for it.

when they were talking about how many holes they've played, I thought I'd done like a couple hundred.

checked and I had done over 2000...

Haunted

I want so many things that are in this Rebel Galaxy game to make their way into the amazingly crafted world of Elite: Dangerous.

structure, missions, usability/UI and ease of use etc.

I ended up putting like 20 hours into warframe before the grindy nature of the game put me off, I did end up downloading marvel heroes yesterday so I'm interested to see how that goes.

hamchan

I ended up putting like 20 hours into warframe before the grindy nature of the game put me off, I did end up downloading marvel heroes yesterday so I'm interested to see how that goes.

Better than Warframe probably. My experience with Warframe was a lot of wondering just what to do next. It didn't seem like a very friendly experience to newcomers.

Marvel Heroes has a lot grinding since it's a Diablo game, which is pretty much grinding: the genre, but I feel it's very fun. There's always a goal to aim for, whether it's maxing the level of your current hero, maxing the level of every other hero, grinding for omega orbs, farming for loot, doing the achievements. I think it's a great podcast game since it's so easy to just jump in, click around and watch huge amounts of enemies explode in loot showers while watching your various bars go up.

Better than Warframe probably. My experience with Warframe was a lot of wondering just what to do next. It didn't seem like a very friendly experience to newcomers.

Marvel Heroes has a lot grinding since it's a Diablo game, which is pretty much grinding: the genre, but I feel it's very fun. There's always a goal to aim for, whether it's maxing the level of your current hero, maxing the level of every other hero, grinding for omega orbs, farming for loot, doing the achievements. I think it's a great podcast game since it's so easy to just jump in, click around and watch huge amounts of enemies explode in loot showers while watching your various bars go up.

All you have mentioned there is in Warframe as well except its not top down but a TPS :D.

I will agree that it might seem daunting but they made some effort to help with the quests (Vor's prize in particular is basically a tutorial) and actually have some decent seasoned people in the community that are helpful (most of the time anyways)

No, that's where I am now.

Warframe is a good game.

Oh i thought you were giving a guess haha

And yea once you know what you are getting yourself into it can be fun. Its like a better done Destiny in some spots tbh.

If we're ranking entertainment on the Ryckert Scale of how ridiculous it sounds when you describe what's happening onscreen, Fury Road is a god-tier film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom