• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
rorie describing the pc patch situation just now

sounds messed up, to say the least

i thought we left 2014 behind us

Xeteh

rorie describing the pc patch situation just now

sounds messed up, to say the least

i thought we left 2014 behind us

It was a huge clusterfuck. I found some workaround on reddit the next day that let me recover my save, granted I still lost some progress but most of it was back. And yesterday they gave everyone who downloaded the original patch the "unlock all Krypt dlc" on Steam.

Oh man UPF, I totally forgot! Oh boy, I wonder what they're pla....

p6tyOk2.gif

Fucking MKX...

Teddified

You guys had to have known that Jason was going to play Jason when the DLC came out. I figured MKX on a UPF for that was an inevitability.

Myggen

And remember, they played a loooooot more MK9 than they've played MKX. Picking it up again for the Jason DLC was inevitable, especially with Jason on staff, can't believe anyone can even act surprised by that. I think only Jason still plays much of MKX, so it's pretty safe to assume we won't see much more of that game until some more DLC comes out.

Got to watch pieces of UPF, but can't wait for the archive.

ObedientComplexImperialeagle.gif

daydream

Banned
not considering the fact that dan's segment was great, the three games they played today have already gotten a lot of screen time on gb

compare that to the lineups of the early upfs and you'll know why a lot of people consider it the weakest regular feature going right now

at the same time, i can't complain too much since this is clearly a format they're into and enjoy doing so whatevs. we also saw vinnyvania return proper today so i'm still celebrating over here.

And remember, they played a loooooot more MK9 than they've played MKX.

scrub league made it cool

Myggen

not considering the fact that dan's segment was great, the three games they played today have already gotten a lot of screen time on gb

compare that to the lineups of the early upfs and you'll know why a lot of people consider it the weakest regular feature going right now

at the same time, i can't complain too much since this is clearly a format they're into and enjoy doing so whatevs. we also saw vinnyvania return proper today so i'm still celebrating over here.

I mean, UPF is still their most popular regular feature with over 3000 "chatting" every week, so it's clearly very popular among fans. Some not so fun segments aside, I'd say that the last couple of month's worth of UPF has been consistently good and a return to form. Can't speak to this UPF, but I get why some people are sick of MKX and games like that.

hamchan

Old Game Show seems like UPF to me except they seem more enthused about the old games than whatver random thing they play on UPF.

daydream

Banned
oh, also before i forget: the neo geo pocket stream they talked about on the bombcast needs to happen

I mean, UPF is still their most popular regular feature with over 3000 "chatting" every week, so it's clearly very popular among fans. Some not so fun segments aside, I'd say that the last couple of month's worth of UPF has been consistently good and a return to form. Can't speak to this UPF, but I get why some people are sick of MKX and games like that.

you know, that is a fair point

anyway, i'm not even against the feature, it's just interesting to see how it evolved. also, i can understand people who'd trade it in for something that would be consistently interesting as opposed to a format that can be hit-or-miss

also, this is completely unrealistic but if i was offered weekly demo derbies in exchange for upf, i would probably lace my cleats and say 'let's go hotspurs'

Myggen

you know, that is a fair point

anyway, i'm not even against the feature, it's just interesting to see how it evolved. also, i can understand people who'd trade it in for something that would be consistently interesting as opposed to a format that can be hit-or-miss

also, this is completely unrealistic but if i was offered weekly demo derbies in exchange for upf, i would probably lace my cleats and say 'let's go hotspurs'

You would get really sick of Demo Derbies if they did them weekly, I can promise you that. The problem with the weekly 2 hour live show format is that not everything will be a hit, it's how it's always been and probably always will be. But they need a weekly live Premium show. UPF is still probably my favourite regular feature on the site.

daydream

Banned
You would get really sick of Demo Derbies if they did them weekly, I can promise you that. The problem with the weekly 2 hour live show format is that not everything will be a hit, it's how it's always been and probably always will be. But they need a weekly live Premium show. UPF is still probably my favourite regular feature on the site.

i assure you i would not get sick of them, haha

but anyway, for now i'd be happy to see it return once in a while, at least! (i'm sure it will now that bllsl madness is over)

Myggen

Holy shit, Dan doesn't like the Boondock Saints. That's baffling to me. Seems like something right up his alley.

Boondock Saints is a terrible movie. Holy shit I know so many people who love that movie, and I've rarely hated something as much as I hated that movie when I first saw it.

Now I'll go to bed angry because I was reminded of Boondock Saints.

I have no problem with UPF, its great! Its like a tradition for me at this point. I just am kinda sick of them playing the same games a bunch. Remember when they played JackBox Party Pack like for a month straight. Yeah... that got real old real quick. Some variety would be nice, that's all I'm saying.

justjim89

Boondock Saints is a terrible movie. Holy shit I know so many people who love that movie, and I've rarely hated something as much as I hated that movie when I first saw it.

Now I'll go to bed angry because I was reminded of Boondock Saints.

I think it's a fun little action movie. The vigilante justice rhetoric is a bit overblown but no moreso than in something like Batman. The scenes with Willem Dafoe deconstructing the crime scenes intercut with the action sequences are pretty great. I probably watched it a dozen time through college.

Myggen

I think it's a fun little action movie. The vigilante justice rhetoric is a bit overblown but no moreso than in something like Batman. The scenes with Willem Dafoe deconstructing the crime scenes intercut with the action sequences are pretty great. I probably watched it a dozen time through college.

Yeah, I don't really get why I hate it so much. I love me a good vigilante justice movie, but something about Boondock just makes me angry. One of those irrational hatred kind of things I'm guessing.

Liamc723

I have no problem with UPF, its great! Its like a tradition for me at this point. I just am kinda sick of them playing the same games a bunch. Remember when they played JackBox Party Pack like for a month straight. Yeah... that got real old real quick. Some variety would be nice, that's all I'm saying.

Yeah, UPF is normally good. I just don't want to see them play a game that already has at least 3 hours worth of content already on the site. Especially when it's a fighting game.

justjim89

Yeah, I don't really get why I hate it so much. I love me a good vigilante justice movie, but something about Boondock just makes me angry. One of those irrational hatred kind of things I'm guessing.

It can certainly be one of those overquoted kinda movies. Or douchebags talking about how awesome it is and how they wish it was real and shit like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom