• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

It can certainly be one of those overquoted kinda movies. Or douchebags talking about how awesome it is and how they wish it was real and shit like that.

There was a lot of that when it first came out, for sure. A bit like how people reacted to Fight Club.

And I wish I was playing the Splatoon demo, but am not near my consoles the next two or so weeks. Game looks rad as hell, but the news about Nintendo pretty much releasing that game with an unfinished feature set and only 5 maps has me worried for the multiplayer.

Mully

Jeff looks like a Greg Kinnear fan.

Boondock Saints is a terrible movie. Holy shit I know so many people who love that movie, and I've rarely hated something as much as I hated that movie when I first saw it.

Now I'll go to bed angry because I was reminded of Boondock Saints.

I use Boondock Saints as a barometer of whether a person is a fake Irish, in college, or really intelligent. The fake Irish or college person will say the film is great, just like people from the North say country is their favorite music.

YOU'RE ALL LIARS.

And I wish I was playing the Splatoon demo, but am not near my consoles the next two or so weeks. Game looks rad as hell, but the news about Nintendo pretty much releasing that game with an unfinished feature set and only 5 maps has me worried for the multiplayer.

Maybe I have low expectations from Nintendo but I liked all the stuff from the Direct they showed. I'm can't wait to play it. It's super lame that this test is for one hour.

There was a lot of that when it first came out, for sure. A bit like how people reacted to Fight Club.

That's five times as many maps as Dota 2.

Does Vinny ever create a maneuver node in the Kerbal QL? That's the big key difference between messing around and actually progressing.

Tucah

you speak so well

As someone who has generally just ignored coverage on the game until I decided to watch the direct on a whim and I really, really liked what I saw. The lack of maps is a really big turnoff though, guess I'll play around for an hour or two of the demo and see how I like the gameplay/map design available. I'm all for free updates post-release but, from my understanding, the package they're shipping seems a little thin and that's not a habit I want Nintendo to get into.

Myggen

As someone who has generally just ignored coverage on the game until I decided to watch the direct on a whim and I really, really liked what I saw. The lack of maps is a really big turnoff though, guess I'll play around for an hour or two of the demo and see how I like the gameplay/map design available. I'm all for free updates post-release but, from my understanding, the package they're shipping seems a little thin and that's not a habit I want Nintendo to get into.

I'm all for free updates, but this just seems like releasing the game with less stuff in it than planned, so they're gonna put the rest in as free "DLC". That's not a plus in my book. But the base game looks really fantastic.

I need to watch the rest of this Kerbal QL before I go to bed. Really enjoying it.

oh god i'm just now watching mario party party 4

the nacho cheese thing

disgusting

You mean BLLSL? Or was there nacho cheese in MPP4 too?!

Oh, haha. The Oreo thing. You should watch the Big Live Live Show Live archive if you haven't already.

Nah we're gonna start a Destiny clan! Loot and shooting forever!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Better or worse: people who want things to be like fight club or people who want to be Patrick Bateman.

Myggen

I could have sworn at one point he said he grew up in California, at least in part, yeah.

Yeah, NorCal. That's where his parents live now, so I'm sure he's lived there most of his life. Since he's a Pats fan I've always assumed that he spent his first years there. I can't really hear American dialects that aren't very distinct (like Vinny, I can hear he's from New York), so I have no idea if Alex has a California dialect or anything.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
VinnyVania is so good. "Are you kidding me? That sounds like something I'd say to Brad" had me spit take.

Yeah, NorCal. That's where his parents live now, so I'm sure he's lived there most of his life. Since he's a Pats fan I've always assumed that he spent his first years there. I can't really hear American dialects that aren't very distinct (like Vinny, I can hear he's from New York), so I have no idea if Alex has a California dialect or anything.

90% of the country doesn't have a distinct accent or dialect. you've got your handful of super recognizable ones and the rest are stuff like "vaguely southern" or "mildly midwestern" and those only manage to narrow it down to a geographic area the size of four european countries.

Ketch

you know what needs to be in the OP is that link that lets you watch the last stream before it's been posted for real.

what's that link again?

edit: and now it's up anyway. thanks drew/jason you're the best/worst (you choose)

Myggen

90% of the country doesn't have a distinct accent or dialect. you've got your handful of super recognizable ones and the rest are stuff like "vaguely southern" or "mildly midwestern" and those only manage to narrow it down to a geographic area the size of four european countries.

Yeah, it's probably because the US is so damn big and diverse. Here in Norway pretty much every part of the country has a very distinct dialect, and you can tell which city a person is from from hearing him say one sentence.

VinnyVania is so good. "Are you kidding me? That sounds like something I'd say to Brad" had me spit take.

Yeah, gave me flashbacks to Vinny bullshitting Brad in the Demon's Souls series.

BanGy.nz

Banned
New thread, new mail bag and a new UPF. This is a good day to be a fan of the content found on giant bomb dot com.

edit- NEW VINNY CONTENT OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.
gb duders only play cool adult games like dota and league of legends, splatoon is for kids
So close yet so far BreezyLimbo, one day you'll be a cool person who likes cool things like SteveWinwood.
(splatoon looks cool and I wish to play it)

He's neutral to it. Which is hate in my book!
Join or die.

Lingitiz

Does anyone know which bombcast or have a clip of the email where Dan had to do those yelling video game sound effects?

neshcom

Banned
Really enjoyed the mailbag package that was literally a dude just sending in his old junk his girlfriend wouldn't let him keep. And his DJ Hero 2 stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom