• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I don't know about you guys, but I enjoy some sit down time with the guys. UPF is good for that, they already have focused features for other games and stuff. This one is for them. Kick back, drink a diet coke and play what they want to play, not what they need to play.

MK again... I don't know what it is about fighting games but they really bore me.

Oh man UPF, I totally forgot! Oh boy, I wonder what they're pla....

p6tyOk2.gif

Fucking MKX...

MK again, wow.

Well, this is what happens when Jeff does end up loving a game.

MKX was worth it for the Goro victories. Though it would'be been a bit better to see his fatalities, as silly as they probably are.
I don't know about you guys, but I enjoy some sit down time with the guys. UPF is good for that, they already have focused features for other games and stuff. This one is for them. Kick back, drink a diet coke and play what they want to play, not what they need to play.

That was certainly the original idea for UPF, but it's sorta morphed into micro-casual Quick Looks because people want them to play different stuff every week. Originally it was going to be a chance for them to play some stuff they missed, like Vinny with that Castlevania game. Now, however, it's more of a mishmash of low budget games or weird experimental stuff. This is one of the few times I can think of (having missed most UPFs over the last couple months) where they've actually revisited games shown on Giant Bomb before.

I give Splatoon my jiggles of approval.

Unfortunate that there's no real reason to get it day 1 before they roll out some decent content during summer.

Tucah

you speak so well
I give Splatoon my jiggles of approval.

Unfortunate that there's no real reason to get it day 1 before they roll out some decent content during summer.

This is where I stand for the most part, I liked what I played of Splatoon but I wasn't blown away and 5 maps and a couple modes isn't nearly enough. I'll probably pass until it gets more content or I can find it for cheaper.

I actually felt like Splatoon had some depth and you can find a lot of fun little strategies to try and pull off. Day 1 for sure.

I am a big Destiny fan so you know you can trust my opinions of video games

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Y'know, if splatoon is a brawler or literally anything other than a shooter I would have been pretty into it. I know that it's super dumb and I'll probably enjoy it if I played it but man I just can't bring myself to be excited about multiplayer TPS or FPS games anymore.

Y'know, if splatoon is a brawler or literally anything other than a shooter I would have been pretty into it. I know that it's super dumb and I'll probably enjoy it if I played it but man I just can't bring myself to be excited about multiplayer TPS or FPS games anymore.

It's funny you say this when Splatoon has gotta be the freshest take on multiplayer shooters in years. It's such a Nintendo take on an established genre.

I half-wonder if it will end up like Smash or Mario Kart, creating its own subgenre of games.

Rorie's comments about the Daredevil netflix series made me think he only watched the first two episodes if that.

And Marvel looked unbelievably boring, are there difficulty settings and Jeff was just playing on easy? There just seemed to be zero danger. Didn't like how the enemies disappear immediately or pop in all the time either. Realize every game can't have the budget of Diablo but some of that was rough.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's funny you say this when Splatoon has gotta be the freshest take on multiplayer shooters in years. It's such a Nintendo take on an established genre.

I half-wonder if it will end up like Smash or Mario Kart, creating its own subgenre of games.

I know and can see that, I just have a bias against those games I can't get over.

bender

What time is it?
The Kerbal Space Program is one of my favorite QuickLooks in a long time and now I have the urge to re-watch Gravity.

Splatoon was pretty fun but the controls are a little rough. Gyro controls aren't for me and the analog aiming feels really off. I also think with the size of the maps, 6v6 would be more entertaining. I wish the beta period wasn't so limited but Nintendo always has to do weird stuff with their demos.

JambiBum

Rorie's comments about the Daredevil netflix series made me think he only watched the first two episodes if that.

And Marvel looked unbelievably boring, are there difficulty settings and Jeff was just playing on easy? There just seemed to be zero danger. Didn't like how the enemies disappear immediately or pop in all the time either. Realize every game can't have the budget of Diablo but some of that was rough.

Even though he stated it was a level 50 zone, Jeff was still in one of the beginning areas of the game. The story mode allows you to play it over again on higher difficulties with high level characters and he was just in one of the beginning areas for that difficulty. As for the enemies popping in and stuff, that was because he was in an open hub area with hundreds of players and not an instance. When in an instance alone or with a group the spawning system is a lot more like diablo.

I wouldn't have know Drew was 3,000 miles away during this Dirt Rally QL if I didn't already know, what an age we live in, a new breed of quick looking begins now.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
"You went to hell for proving evolution" was a great line lmao

Lijik

After Cut Pro: Final Effects is really the best video editing suite on the market when you get down to it.

So what was the best part about Splatoon for those of you who played it? Is it just something fun and different to the usual shooter schlock? How's the movement feel?

hamchan

Rorie is right, DC comics crossover are pretty complicated for anyone not extremely well versed in the lore already.

Happy to see Jeff playing Marvel Heroes again. It's a pretty damn good game, prefer it to Diablo 3 actually, which feels like a fairly lonely experience compared to Marvel where you just see everyone running around. Also there's so much stuff happening on screen, it's impressive.

I too am tempted by Kerbal. I always have been, but now that it has some form of campaign makes me more so, I need that structure to stick with a game.

Xater

I too am tempted by Kerbal. I always have been, but now that it has some form of campaign makes me more so, I need that structure to stick with a game.

Yes, that't why I have been holding out on it for so long. Hearing Vinny say he likes the campaign and it's still really crazy and involved made me take the plunge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom