• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with having a Bombcast & Beastcast thread together?

It's not like anything is taken away from the Bombcast, it's usually dead by Thursday anyway.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Seriously. Should have just made one if you wanted to.

I think there's plenty of room in here to discuss both podcasts, but I don't really see how making a separate thread for a clearly distinct thing would be unusual or a problem.

Shenmue 3 did some serious business on Kickstarter. The fans were real!

This was almost the first kickstarter project to get me to get past the hurdle of actually contributing. There's still just some mental block that won't let me put money toward something I just have no clue when I will actually see any return. If Shenmue didn't get me to do it, I just don't know what will.

Teddified

The only bad thing about the beastcast is that it ends.

Edit: Whew clearing my cookies made My Subscriptions on youtube revert back to how it was. That change disturbed me.

Things that irk me: When someone gives their personal rating on a game/movie/young adult novel and gives something a half point on a 5 point scale.

Like 3.5/5

Look motherfucker youre not tricking me. That's a fucking 7/10. Stop pussyfooting around and either give the thing a 3 or a 4. Commit to something for once in your life goddammit

Megasoum

Banned
Stop getting Jeff to talk about hockey.

Hockey is great and now I just learned that Youppi! will be in the game. I'm stoked

2012+NHL+Star+Game+Mascot+Portraits+v8bVQhjqXVYl.jpg

Also, the only Goal song that matters

Things that irk me: When someone gives their personal rating on a game/movie/young adult novel and gives something a half point on a 5 point scale.

Like 3.5/5

Look motherfucker youre not tricking me. That's a fucking 7/10. Stop pussyfooting around and either give the thing a 3 or a 4. Commit to something for once in your life goddammit

Goddamn Leonard Maltin. But seriously it's the worst with movies.

Edit: All that hockey talk and Blue Jacket's cannon didn't come up? :/ Maybe the only good thing about the team.

So I bought contradiction.

I might never actually play it because my backlog is a mile long but I feel good about supporting the FMV arts.

Anyone know how long the game actually is? If its short I might bang it out over the weekend.

Megasoum

Banned

I might never actually play it because my backlog is a mile long but I feel good about supporting the arts.

Anyone know how long the game actually is? If its short I might bang it out over the weekend.

They are at 19% at the end of the Supplemental video

Goddamn Leonard Maltin. But seriously it's the worst with movies.

Edit: All that hockey talk and Blue Jacket's cannon didn't come up? :/ Maybe the only good thing about the team.

I'm doing the 52 games a year challenge and as part of it I'm also giving games a score and writing a blurb about them. I've yet to have a situation where I feel a game is sitting in the middle of a rating.

I mean it's not hard. 1 is shit (i tend to never give this score unless something is just completely broken or devoid of any redeeming qualities which is rare even in a really bad game), 2 is bad with flashes of mediocrity, 3 is an average to above average game, 4 is a good to great game but not without its flaws, and 5 is just a great experience even in spite of any possible flaws or issues.

again, not hard at all.

and don't get me started on sites that just give a rando number for a score. I mean wtf is a 7.6 game supposedly do better than a 7.5 game but not good enough to merit a 7.7?

::breathes into a paper bag::

I'm doing the 52 games a year challenge and as part of it I'm also giving games a score and writing a blurb about them. I've yet to have a situation where I feel a game is sitting in the middle of a rating.

I mean it's not hard. 1 is shit (i tend to never give this score unless something is just completely broken or devoid of any redeeming qualities which is rare even in a really bad game), 2 is bad with flashes of mediocrity, 3 is an average to above average game, 4 is a good to great game but not without its flaws, and 5 is just a great experience even in spite of any possible flaws or issues.

again, not hard at all.

and don't get me started on sites that just give a rando number for a score. I mean wtf is an 7.6 game supposedly do better than a 7.5 game but not good enough to merit a 7.7?

Styyyyyyyyyle

Xater

I might never actually play it because my backlog is a mile long but I feel good about supporting the FMV arts.

Most of the steam reviews that claim to have finished it are at the 7-8 hour mark.

KingKong

re: season pass talk,

it's crazy to me that anyone buys a season pass unless they totally love the game or play games slowly enough to last several months because what are you gonna do, keep the game around/installed for 6 months to check in for a few hours when another piece comes out? The Witcher 3 DLC is free and even then I didn't feel like keeping it installed after I beat it

LiK

it's crazy to me that anyone buys a season pass unless they totally love the game or play games slowly enough to last several months because what are you gonna do, keep the game around/installed for 6 months to check in for a few hours when another piece comes out?

I've totally decided to avoid all Season Passes after getting burned a few times. Not worth it.

The only exception would be Witcher 3 altho I'll wait for reviews of the next expansion first before committing.

again, not hard at all.

and don't get me started on sites that just give a rando number for a score. I mean wtf is a 7.6 game supposedly do better than a 7.5 game but not good enough to merit a 7.7?

So are you saying Twilight Princess is actually a 9

Xater

it's crazy to me that anyone buys a season pass unless they totally love the game or play games slowly enough to last several months because what are you gonna do, keep the game around/installed for 6 months to check in for a few hours when another piece comes out? The Witcher 3 DLC is free and even then I didn't feel like keeping it installed after I beat it

I have bought 2 season passes so far. One was for a COD game which I ended up hating for a while and the other was for BF4 which ended up being broken for way too long. Never again.

TP is a 3/5 and that might even be a bit generous. It's funny to think that Jeff got roasted for his 8.8 when that score was a bit on the high really.

this remains one of my favorite threads on the subject

man, Mama Robotnik was a gem of a poster. If gaf had more of him/her and less of, well, what it has now it'd be a decent forum again

edit: seems Mama has been more active recently. though he/she had left and never come back

double edit: look at me, in 2012, being consistent with my opinion as fuck

In retrospect, he gave it too good a score. That game was a 3/5 at best.

Brashnir

Like 3.5/5

Truth Bombs.

Like your 52 game challenge thing, I also rate and review every game I finish in the Backlog Blitz thread. I'm fairly unlikely to finish anything that is a 1 or a 2, so my scores tend to skew high, but I totally agree that .5s are for chumps.

Xater

TP is a 3/5 and that might even be a bit generous. It's funny to think that Jeff got roasted for his 8.8 when that score was a bit on the high really.

this remains one of my favorite threads on the subject

man, Mama Robotnik was a gem of a poster. If gaf had more of him/her and less of, well, what it has now it'd be a decent forum again

edit: seems Mama has been more active recently. though he/she had left and never come back

Nah Mama Robotnik is still around.

Disappointing that Vinny doesn't like Wing, especially for the main reason why Wing is great: fucking crazy ass Gundams. Wing Zero Endless Waltz version aka Wing Zero Custom is like the poster suit for this imo (its a Gundam with fucking functioning angel wings).

But hey i never got the massive reverence for UC Gundams either (i like some of them though) *shrug*

Oh well.

guys, i just had a thought.

They should've had a Rank of Fighters ready for today.

Because its EVO weekend and that seems appropriate.

it almost makes too much sense

Since we're talking about anime, I always get Macross and Gundam confused because they both seem like 80s anime staples about huge robots and the people who navigate them

Since we're talking about anime, I always get Macross and Gundam confused because they both seem like 80s anime staples about huge robots and the people who navigate them

That's distilling them down so simply that you could lob any other mech anime of the time into it.

Side note, thank god for the PC gaming wiki and being able to set Killer is Dead framerate to 60.

I had the Destiny season pass and I never even downloaded the 2nd DLC or played a raid.

I think I should probably do that before the TTK comes out and the commodity never touched the old content again. I got a 2TB HDD coming so I might reinstall that game then.

Also got the LA Noire season pass but once I finished the game I never wanted to play it again. Not that it was a bad game but the ending is super final and the DLC was just more random cases.

Thats my season pass history.

Xater

As long as it gets us a GBW and Beastcast flags in the game to compete.

I bet the devs would be open to that. hell they even asked on Twitter what other game flags they would like to see.

I had the Destiny season pass and I never even downloaded the 2nd DLC or played a raid.

I think I should probably do that before the TTK comes out and the commodity never touched the old content again.

Shit I also own that one. What a waste of money that was. I thought better of Bungie. They are now also on my DLC shit list.

That's distilling them down so simply that you could lob any other mech anime of the time into it.

Side note, thank god for the PC gaming wiki and being able to set Killer is Dead framerate to 60.

make sure you adjust the QTEs as well. setting the framerate to 60 makes some QTEs incredibly hard as the rate of which youre expected to hit the buttons increases greatly vs how it is at 30 fps.

read this and fix that shit before you lose your mind

make sure you adjust the QTEs as well. setting the framerate to 60 makes some QTEs incredibly hard as the rate of which youre expected to hit the buttons increases greatly vs how it is at 30 fps.

read this and fix that shit before you lose your mind

Yeah, that's why I said thank god for the wiki, it's listed there immediately after setting the framerate.

I bought the Titanfall season pass because I got the whole package at launch for about $30, and that turned into a pretty good deal for me.

smite is dumb fun

I can play it without comparing everything to Dota because it's different enough

we still stomped dumb scrubs all day when we played Ra 4 lyfe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom