• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
icYXYB9.png

xQv3ocx.png

w7caVOR.png

Too good to be at the bottom of last page.

tchocky

http://patrickklepek.tumblr.com/post/124358392419/the-gawker-staff-wrote-a-today-objecting-to-the

I’m torn on the post being taken down. If Gawker made a mistake, their shit should stink publicly and openly. Deleting it is a symbolic gesture that does nothing to take back what happened–the genie is out of the bottle, so to speak.

It shouldn’t be management’s call whether or not a post comes down, that should be determined by the editorial staff. That said, issuing a statement like this right now makes it look like the staff is defending the post being written.

As I hope has been made clear all day today, that is not my feeling–at all.

The post was a mistake. It will always be a mistake. It genuinely hurt people’s lives, and Gawker has to live with that. As a reporter for a sister site of Gawker, in a way, I have to live with that, too. Believe me, it brings me great distress.

I do not blame anyone for looking at the staff statement and going “is this the hill you want to die on?,” however.

Fucking Gawker. All they've done is made sure everyone remembers they fucked up. Taking it down won't take it out of people's memories, and leaving it up doesn't make them any more noble. Acting like they're the victims though, that's fucking hilarious.

Fucking Gawker. All they've done is made sure everyone remembers they fucked up. Taking it down won't take it out of people's memories, and leaving it up doesn't make them any more noble. Acting like they're the victims though, that's fucking hilarious.

You know, I'm not one to think that people have to answer for it when their company becomes shitty, but Gawker has been Gawker for a long time. If you choose to start working there, you're complicit as far as I'm concerned.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
"Is it because Greece took all the money?"

I didn't realize Jeff had decided Giant Bomb needs to declare war on a continent today.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
RC Pro Am always gave me a bit of anxiety because you can't see very far ahead of you.

Similarly a problem in micro machines for the gameboy. Falling off the track because you couldn't quite anticipate and line up for the narrow ruler acting as a bridge between two tables.

Similarly a problem in micro machines for the gameboy. Falling off the track because you couldn't quite anticipate and line up for the narrow ruler acting as a bridge between two tables.

Yep. And the AI can "see" ahead and anticipate turns. They seem like they're beloved by some, but I never liked any of those games.

justjim89

I'm not sure I understand what Scoops and the Gawker editors are pissy about. The owners of the site took down a post on a site that they own. Is that not 100% within their right? Especially such an awful, stupid fucking post.

Yep. And the AI can "see" ahead and anticipate turns. They seem like they're beloved by some, but I never liked any of those games.

as a kid I played RC Pro Am enough to memorize the turns, and once you do that you basically start lapping the AI every time. turns out all the challenge is in not smashing into walls you can't see.

I'm not sure I understand what Scoops and the Gawker editors are pissy about. The owners of the site took down a post on a site that they own. Is that not 100% within their right? Especially such an awful, stupid fucking post.

something unions something

That's excellent Twin Tails. Good find. I'm going to rewatch all of the Contradiction videos this weekend, it's some of the best content this year. And it has been a helluva year.

as a kid I played RC Pro Am enough to memorize the turns, and once you do that you basically start lapping the AI every time. turns out all the challenge is in not smashing into walls you can't see.

Exactly! Fuck that, those games are trash.

Yo guys, I just got an xbox one

You guys what the fuck with these menus

I tried to find the on sale section in the store and couldn't find it.

And snap is awful. Who wants to watch a postage size stamp video on the side of their screen?

At least the wifi on this thing is sick as fuck

robotrock

Banned
That Rez save.

It's been a long time since I've played or bought Rez.

Wait, what did they say about Rez? Are they going to play it?

Hooked up a 360 last week for some Rez. Top video game.
Yo guys, I just got an xbox one

You guys what the fuck with these menus

I tried to find the on sale section in the store and couldn't find it.

And snap is awful. Who wants to watch a postage size stamp video on the side of their screen?
Don't get used to it. They're doing some whole new UI thing soon enough.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wait, what did they say about Rez? Are they going to play it?

Hooked up a 360 last week for some Rez. Top video game.

Don't get used to it. They're doing some whole new UI thing soon enough.

They were looking through a PS2 memory card talking about the polygonal save logos and I noticed Rez. I don't think they actually mentioned it.

this game runs better than I remember.

and Dan's idea just makes me want to make notification sounds out of Sexy Parodius' voice samples

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom