• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dan likes GoW so much he should just watch the Berserk movies that someone sent him last year.

He might have to take a week off to recuperate after the 3rd one though.

Posting for life advice help on gaf is probably a bad idea isn't it.

Side note, is there something happening with Shenmu3? There's like 5 new topics on the front page about it.

Posting for life advice help on gaf is probably a bad idea isn't it.

Side note, is there something happening with Shenmu3? There's like 5 new topics on the front page about it.

i asked one time for advice about what to do when my girlfriend was about to move. i got good emotional advice and she ended up sleeping with some guy, so really neogaf was the best part of the situation.

Don't do it. People will just act superior regardless of your situation

also this

Megasoum

Banned
Oh god... I just checked the IMDB cast for Contradiction and one of the actor is playing
Sacrificial Victim

CAN'T WAIT.... omg omg

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
so are we gonna have to wait another week for the next Contradiction video?

rz5RBKy.gif

justjim89

Rocket League is tough. Just played about an hour and had a hard enough time coming into contact with the ball, let alone making it go somewhere intelligent. Did both tutorials. Gonna take a lot of practice.

tuxfool

Banned
so it looks like people are going to get 2/3 of "real" shenmue 3 huh?

I guess it sort of depends on what they want out of Shenmue. If it is a continuation of the story, then that is definitely in. Fully open world probably isn't.

Honestly when it comes to these things I get really annoyed when stories don't finish, regardless of the quality of the conclusion. It is also why HL ep3 still rankles a bit, despite the fact that the story isn't some spectacular work of fiction.

For real though, at first I thought it was just a bad FMV game, but there's something to the performance that's just campy enough that I enjoy the hell out of it, and the mechanics seem sound. It's probably the facial expressions that really do me in.

Spoilers for the first 45 minutes or so of the Contradiction Playdate:

Are the Ryans played by an actual father and son? they look SUPER similar.

Interesting note, like they mentioned in the stream, the actor who plays
Paul
got his big break on a BBC cult hit sci-fi show called Blake's 7, where he plays Kerr Avon. Avon was Blake's second-in-command, and he became captain after Blake left. He's sort of like Mr. Spock crossed with Miles Edgeworth, so he should be easy to spot in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWHLU8fwi80

erawsd

Anyone else have UPF just cut off at the end, right as they are about to play Mean Machine? Tried all the different stream types and they do the same thing.

FStop7

Banned

Well in that case I'm done with him as well as Gawker. That's an incredibly myopic position for Patrick to take, considering he personally received some ugly harassment that had a lasting impact on his life... and that was about .0001% as vicious as what was done to Geithner.

The Gawker editorial staff trying to paint themselves as victims as they bunnyhop in the pile of ashes that was Geithner's life is beyond disappointing. This isn't a theoretical exercise. This isn't an ethics class. These are real, live people their organization has burned down for no other reason than to serve a warped sense of entertainment value.

Honestly, you know what groups the Gawker editorial people sound like right now? Gamergaters, 4channers, and redditors who cry about free speech after their doxxing and bomb threats get deleted. I mean, that's really the next step in the "evolution" of Gawker: swatting and bomb threats. They've already participated in doxxing and blackmail. Might as well go the rest of the way.

Oh and by the way, here are the depths of the "ethics" of Gawker editorial

2015-07-17-1437119852-2700328-gawker-thumb.jpg

Are you guys intentionally doing this to trigger Alex?

the pok3r isn't really a gaming keyboard though!

as you can tell it lacks buttons when a gaming keyboard's whole thing is generally "we added MORE BUTTONS"

I use this for typing (clear switches require 55g of force and have a tactile bump at that point) and I use my other keyboard with red switches (much less force and no tactile bump at actuation, they just go straight down) for gaming

Alex should definitely get into mechanical keyboards though his whole job is typing pretty much.

once you go clack you never go back.

FStop7

Banned
the pok3r isn't really a gaming keyboard though!

as you can tell it lacks buttons when a gaming keyboard's whole thing is generally "we added MORE BUTTONS"

I use this for typing (clear switches require 55g of force and have a tactile bump at that point) and I use my other keyboard with red switches (much less force and no tactile bump at actuation, they just go straight down) for gaming

Alex should definitely get into mechanical keyboards though his whole job is typing pretty much.

once you go clack you never go back.

I keed, I love mechanical keyboards. I just thought it was funny after last week's Beastcast. :D

Still working though the Playdate, but this is already one of the best pieces of content they've put out. I'll def. buy a copy on Steam if they end up playing the whole thing.

I keed, I love mechanical keyboards. I just thought it was funny after last week's Beastcast. :D

Alex would definitely have a fit if he found out how much people pay for keysets and other accessories

there are people with $500 worth of stuff on their Poker IIs and 3s

and then...yknow. there's clickclacks and brocaps.

UagTb6j.png

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Not gonna lie, I picked up my iPad and bought the fuck out of Contradiction immediately after they panned over to the devil horns on the tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom