• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like if I think back at it I'll say that I had fun with the puzzles, but when I'm playing it I'm just frustrated by the time pressure and the ways the bosses fuck around with you. Though I don't think the puzzles would be as good without the pressure. It's a weird one.
Totally, the time pressure adds a lot of potential frustration but I also think it adds to my enjoyment of the puzzles. There's the minigame that you can play in the bar which is basically the puzzles without the time pressure and I didn't find those as enjoyable as the story puzzles.

I didn't see much talk about Metal Gear Scanlon 4 Episode 2 this week. Is it an uneventful episode, or did it just get buried in this week of great content?

Pretty uneventful, though there is a pretty great moment to do with monkeys.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Bummer that Contradiction has such compressed video, the trailer and screencaps look really good.

If you exploit the bug where you can tie the fact that James don't know anything about plants with the fact that he makes herbal tea you totally halve the game's playtime.

hamchan

The actor who plays Ryan Rand also did the voice impersonation for the First Doctor in the 50th anniversary special of Doctor Who.

Red UFO

when are they going to play windjammers

invisibility.gif

santeesioux

I agreed with his general point that whoever's responsible just wants to tick the diversity checkbox without putting actual effort into it. We've had, what, 8 main Assassins Creed games, and the last one is the first that doesn't just have a white male protagonist? (and even then they don't just make it a woman only) so having DLC or small spinoff that features a minority is nice but doesn't mean all that much

it reminds me a lot of whats been happening with TV/Movies where the conventional executive wisdom has been that those kinds of media don't sell, until Furious 7 and Empire come along

Doesn't 3 have a Native as the main character?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hey, maybe I don't talk to the right people, but I also don't know anyone who has ever been THAT big of a fan of Batgirl. I can't imagine people were looking forward to playing to her much more than they were Nightwing, Catwoman, or Robin.

And if you wanted to go that route, I know far more die-hard Batwoman and Huntress fans than Batgirl fans.

ozhenson

Supposedly an outtage reel exists for Contradiction(atleast according to its kickstarter page). In the spirit of the Mario Tennis outtakes, I feel this should be looked at.

Hey, maybe I don't talk to the right people, but I also don't know anyone who has ever been THAT big of a fan of Batgirl. I can't imagine people were looking forward to playing to her much more than they were Nightwing, Catwoman, or Robin.

And if you wanted to go that route, I know far more die-hard Batwoman and Huntress fans than Batgirl fans.

I haven't even played Arkham Knight yet, but I have never been a huge fan of any "girl version" of already existing male Superheroes. I know DC have done interesting stuff with Batgirl over the years to make her interesting and unique, but I would rather a wholly separate idea/origin than just tagging on "...girl" to things.

Also, I'd play the hell out of an Elektra game.

Red UFO

Oh man, hearing my own name spoken in media is super weird, I never really hear it that often (watching the Contradiction video, my name is Liam).

Kaizer

Banned
Just bought a copy of Contradiction off the App Store for my iPad. Not sure if I'll play it myself, but that game is too damn entertaining, both ironically & unironically, to not support the developers. I've been randomly laughing about it all last night & still this morning. I hope they're able to make a sequel if only to see Vinny & the guys play through it.

Maybe it's just me, but The Magic Circle seems obnoxious as fuck.

I think once you get passed the point of the QL and the game actually really gets into gear and is done expressing its universe, it's not going to be so bad.

Yeah same for me.

Also, maybe it's because I actually work in the industry myself but the whole time I was watching the game "making a gam", the only thing I could think about was that

Real game development would probably be much less fun a setting.

Megasoum

Banned
LKM3QUc.png

That really sucks for Patrick but at the same time I feel like he knew what he was getting into when he decided to go work for a shit company like that.

LKM3QUc.png

That really sucks for Patrick but at the same time I feel like he knew what he was getting into when he decided to go work for a shit company like that.

I like Patrick but he's been super weird about all this.

I mean he says above in that video to send him stuff on Tumblr about it. I doubt it was ever going to be stuff he wanted to hear and I doubt the vast majority of it crosses a line.

mintyice

LKM3QUc.png

Registering an account isn't that hard. Never got why people would disable anonymous questions.

Megasoum

Banned
Registering an account isn't that hard. Never got why people would disable anonymous questions.

I don't know how that works, but I'd assume there's some kind of system to just filter out all questions from a specific user so if someone wants to send them a bunch of shit they'd have to register a new account for each message. Maybe?

Working for Gawker must be a real pain for a journalist who actually studied journalism.

The entire network of sites is built on basically everything you where told is wrong with the modern press and everything a good journalist should avoid.

Full time gigs are real hard to find now. Multiply it by 10 for full time jobs you can get by working from home and not having to move to SF or NYC. Still..... its got to sting. Its like being a member of PETA but working for McDonalds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom