• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Registering an account isn't that hard. Never got why people would disable anonymous questions.

While at GB, Patrick said he used to be 50+ spam a day from one guy just repeating the same thing at him over and over again, when he allowed anonymous comments.

Having people think a bit before they type something actually seems to help,

Contradiction is amazing, wow. Never would've guessed that someone would finally crack the code on how to make an FMV game playable in a sensible manner. Aside from the compression and UI jank, it looks like a remarkably worthwhile game.

Over/under on GBEast featuring it somehow for end-of-year deliberations? I'd say 100%.

Contradiction is amazing, wow. Never would've guessed that someone would finally crack the code on how to make an FMV game playable in a sensible manner. Aside from the compression and UI jank, it looks like a remarkably worthwhile game.

Over/under on GBEast featuring it somehow for end-of-year deliberations? I'd say 100%.

In the quick look, it felt like this year's Velvet Sundown, but it seems like the crew is coming around to genuinely loving it. Could be a prime contender for 'Best Surprise'.

Myggen

It'll get mentioned in at least best character.

I'm sorry the Final Fantasy X games don't offer the possibility of playing a super serious buff white dude with a machine gun, since that appears to be the only type of game you know how to enjoy

A comment sent in to Jeff

hahahahahahaha

hahahahahahaha

I wish people posted stuff like this at me, I would have a good laugh.

Most I had was someone getting mad and posting a string of 4 angry tweets because of an Order 1886 review. I have "insane" "double standards" apparently. The rest of the user's Tweets were bible quotes.

No, then buy the game.

I've only seen the QL and I'm already thinking about it, at least down the road. Contradiction's got the best sssssttyylleee.

Y'know, Giant Bomb keeps introducing me to these incredible niche story-based games that I see through them, but must experience for myself. GB is still a threat.

Patryn

Yeah, even if you never play it and just enjoy GBeast's play through, people should buy Contradiction. The developers deserve the support.

It's also only $10, which I feel is more than fair for the value you get.

Weekend backlog goals:

Killer is Dead
D4 (first episode shouldn't take that long)
Touch on Shadow Warrior and see if that's any good

all of these are pretty rough but still worth playing, imo. Shadow Warrior is pretty awesome except it takes a little while to get going (and is maybe a little too long)

the pc version of KiD eliminates some of the dumb grinding which makes it way more pleasant

all of these are pretty rough but still worth playing, imo. Shadow Warrior is pretty awesome except it takes a little while to get going (and is maybe a little too long)

the pc version of KiD eliminates some of the dumb grinding which makes it way more pleasant

Totally agree, I'm going to enjoy them all especially D4.

The Rocket League UvT having a rematch bodes REALLY well for that game come GOTY talks. I'm imagining it'll make it into the overall site top 5.

Man I hope so, it really deserves it.

It's a strong year though and a multiplayer only game is probably going to have a hard time against some of the big hitters like Bloodborne, Witcher and MGSV. If it just makes it in the top 10 and someone like Dan and Jason fights for it, I would be happy though.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

hahahahahahaha

I just played FFX and thought it was fantastic (loathed it when it released, because I expected FF7-9). However vast swathes of that game are indefensibly bad. I cannot fathom how anyone could be motivated to leap to the defence of a game with that level of writing and voice direction.

Contradiction is great. Not ironically, though it definitely has some kitschyness, and it is damn impressive that its kickstarter budget was a smidgeon over £4000.

popo

I heard a Tech site started a new sex column.

I was devastated when I found out it wasn't "Will Smith Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" on Adam and Jamie's Tested :(

-Kees-

Finished Contradiction.

When does the Kickstarter for the sequel go up and how can I start saving money now to give it all to them?

-Kees-

The Kickstarter needs to have a tier for walk-on guest roles. I would pay.

They actually had a £200 tier to be an extra or have a walk-on speaking part but no one backed it. That's a pittance considering what this game has become and I'm sure if someone knew what it would turn into there'd be a number of backers that would gladly pay that much to be a part of it.

Volotaire

So I have watched up to GB East part 3 but not played the game. Would you like a hypothetical Contradiction 2 with Jenks or a entire new cast?

So I have watched up to GB East part 3 but not played the game. Would you like a hypothetical Contradiction 2 with Jenks or a entire new cast?

Jenks is the glue that holds the whole thing together. They need him.

Only if they can get Richard O'Brian they could drop Jenks

-Kees-

I played through it and (not really spoiler but)
while you solve the murder it ends by saying something bigger is happening with Atlas and you'd be investigating them some more.

Scizzy

I'm a little worried about a potential Contradiction sequel. What makes this so great is that everyone seems really committed to making it good, but none of the actors seem to have been given the same direction and the mechanics are janky, but not overly frustrating. If the sequel goes in either direction, either too much polish or too much ironic distance, it'll all fall apart. I don't know if it's possible to recapture the feeling of the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom