• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my 10th win in a row achievement! Feels pretty awesome. Looks like some achievement tracking is straight borked though.

yeah I got that one today too. thanks in no small part to the hilariously imbalanced AI teammates that score like 5 goals per game

apparently that forfeit counted too!

So, I'm watching UPF and they are at the point where they are playing Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. Now, I know it's a Puyo Puyo based game, but (both) remind me heavily of a game called Qwirks (which I used to own and love), which is clearly a rip-off of Puyo Puyo. It was released by Spectrum HoloByte and made by Tetris creator Alexey Pajitnov. Did anyone here ever play it?

https://youtu.be/tLfZ0DYBXAM

Edit- Huh:

Qwirks is an English adaptation of Puyo Puyo for home computers licensed from Compile. Unlike Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Kirby's Avalanche, and the much later-released Haro no Puyo Puyo, it does not involve the use of a particular license, instead featuring entirely original characters.
http://puyonexus.net/wiki/Qwirks

Anyone else here actually get the Platinum in Rocket League? ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ

yeah I got that one today too. thanks in no small part to the hilariously imbalanced AI teammates that score like 5 goals per game

apparently that forfeit counted too!
You could play offline exhibition matches and switch teams during a match if you're losing and it would still count.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
*greatness*
I was wondering about that, he looked like he was using that box cutter without a blade coming out the top.

This UPF is good.

"Got some Europeans going crazy over the manual transmissions"

"What do they know, they're in the dark ages. They fight each other with swords."

Beast Cast is the best!

Nah, Jeff on the Bombcast has been on fire lately too much to give it up. From the Nintendo Playstation history lesson to the Destiny rants he's really brought something Beastcast can't keep up with, and I suspect part of it is Austin piping up with "yeah," "uh huh" when someone's in the middle of talking honestly.

i dont remember if it was in here

but remember back when i was buying my 970 i posted about maybe waiting until Nvidia changed the bundled game because arkham knight was broken as hell and i was like well maybe they'll change it to be TPP, that would be cool but i doubt it will happen so I'll just buy now

w e l p

Bacon

but remember back when i was buying my 970 i posted about maybe waiting until Nvidia changed the bundled game because arkham knight was broken as hell and i was like well maybe they'll change it to be TPP, that would be cool but i doubt it will happen so I'll just buy now

w e l p

lmao

w e l p

Hah damn.

w e l p

Some folks have had luck getting the place they bought it from (amazon, newegg), to give them a MGSV code because Batman was so busted. I saw a couple posts on reddit showing that it worked for some people.

Hah damn.

im not that upset since, yknow, it's an incredible card and having it is awesome, but man that was a bummer to see. Great for people to get a GOTY candidate for free with an upgrade though, damn.

Some folks have had luck getting the place they bought it from (amazon, newegg), to give them a MGSV code because Batman was so busted. I saw a couple posts on reddit showing that it worked for some people.

now THIS is useful information, I'll email amazon asap. I wonder if I'll be able to since the promo isn't super official yet?

edit: yeah I guess I'll wait til its officially in place, and just be like "well when I bought it I was given a broken game, so maybe hook me up"

Catching up on the audio archives of the E3 Shows, and during Day 2 Xavier Wood asks them not to show his business card on camera because it has his phone number. Foreshadowing!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I swear the most fascinating shit Jeff talks about is early internet games journalism right before the big boom. That period of gaming and the media is so fucking weird and awesome that I wish he'd write a book on it because he's one of the few people that was there for it and is still doing it today.

Holy crap they've already recorded that many eps?

Yeah I believe they started a while back. Like....I wanna say Thursday/Friday of last week they recorded the first few episodes(Episode 1 and 2 were recorded in the same day, possibly episode 3 too?). They probably recorded a couple episodes this week, they're doing a staggered recording/release schedule so they don't run into any holidays or things like PAX and be empty handed I assume.

Bacon

Yeah I believe they started a while back. Like....I wanna say Thursday/Friday of last week they recorded the first few episodes(Episode 1 and 2 were recorded in the same day, possibly episode 3 too?). They probably recorded a couple episodes this week, they're doing a staggered recording/release schedule so they don't run into any holidays or things like PAX and be empty handed I assume.

I'm impressed. Giantbomb is growing up :')

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Regular cam gives you proper accuracy. Ball cam is mainly just to quickly refocus the ball in view.

It's still happening.

yeah, thats what it looks like. I always seem to be "off" when I get near the ball, as well as just losing proper position when its up in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom