• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I might be 100% wrong on this but I think at one point he said he doesn't want to go back to it because he worries about how it holds up.

Hmm. I know what my opinion is on that, but that just makes me more interested to see how much he'd enjoy it now, especially if he went back to the n64 version.

Bacon

I think ocarina probably holds up better today than twilight princess. Thinking about going back to those wolf sections makes me never want to play that game again.

Volotaire

They removed all of the blood from the Shadow Temple which makes it much less menacing and rather barren. They also removed most of the blood that originally stained the big enemy of the area.

Do you mean this blood? They actually did not remove it, but the game is a bit too light in areas. It removes some of the darker undertones of the original.

Well_Horror.jpg

unbenanntluu.png

I would have never seen that, Shadow Temple was over brightened in general which makes it look blown out. The spooky enemy in the area definitely had the blood stains either lightened or partially removed though.

Still feels like censorship when the blood has been lightened to the point of being nearly invisible.

Edit: Spooky enemy I'm thinking of is the one from the Well.

I think ocarina probably holds up better today than twilight princess. Thinking about going back to those wolf sections makes me never want to play that game again.

It doesn't. TP has pacing issues, but OoT is way too easy throughout. Without 1998's initial thrill of navigating the temples in 3D, they come off as very simplistic.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Sad to see Kevin go. He could make GAF salty like no other. His Driveclub reviews was my favourite one.

People don't like Chris Watters, it seems. I don't like anyone when they're forced to perform in the 2005-era live show format that Gamespot has. I really enjoyed almost everyone from Gamespot when they loosened up in the Giant Bomb format of Professional Wednesdays.

Zaph

He's moving to a dev writing position, but he's still available for freelance editorial work? Weird. Hopefully he's just filling a gap in employment.

No Gamespot job listings on the CBSi portal yet, so I guess they're sticking to the freelance writers plan.

Patryn

He's moving to a dev writing position, but he's still available for freelance editorial work? Weird. Hopefully he's just filling a gap in employment.

No Gamespot job listings on the CBSi portal yet, so I guess they're sticking to the freelance writers plan.

I could have sworn they were doing some hiring lately...

But if not, it's interesting that Giant Bomb is hiring people and Gamespot is losing them.

Megasoum

Banned

If he's not going to Ubisoft then his big tattoo will get awkward quick.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Back from a great weekend and there's a Contradiction GBEast series now which is even more amazing than the first look. I'm happy!

IF I DO THIS!

Austin's editorial is great. I think it'd be worthy of its own thread on the main forum, it seems like something that could generate some good discussion. And if the buzz hit critical mass, maybe the next Batman game is in a living Gotham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom