• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar FC

It was a shame that the Pacific Rim game blew balls. Maybe now that Del Toro has been in game development for a hundred years he'll get a decent game out of a studio for Pacific Rim 2.

Im really bummed that it's not going to be a prequel. Idk where they're going to go from how the first ended.

Xater

Im really bummed that it's not going to be a prequel. Idk where they're going to go from how the first ended.

Prequel would be really uninteresting because you know where it's going to go. I rather have them come up with a dumb reason for more Kaijus.

I played the Superman Returns demo on 360 a LOT. It was just really fun flying around.

Edit: All this Godzilla talk is reminding me of one of my favorite games of all time:

18145_front.jpg

I need someone to play this on UPF. Dan? Dan, you there?

I don't know much about the game, but I just watched a gameplay video on YouTube. Imagine how awesome a remake of PS4 would be. It would easily look better than that Godzilla game. The destruction model could be incredible.

That game is genuinely great. Dan even mentioned it not too long ago, so maybe he will play it.

There also was at least one Godzilla game for the Gamecube that wasn't totally terrible.

Someone hit him up on twitter. Got crush hour last week, continue the streak of games from my childhood.

I have a VAGUE memory of that Godzilla gamecube game. I don't know if I ever played it in depth but I may have played it. I remember the cover art for sure, but watching a gameplay vid I don't really remember it.

but I am reminded of that Hulk game for gamecube for some reason. now THAT game was fun.

I don't know much about the game, but I just watched a gameplay video on YouTube. Imagine how awesome a remake of PS4 would be. It would easily look better than that Godzilla game. The destruction model could be incredible.

Remake it, slap it on PSN for 20 bucks, and I would probably re-up PS+ just to play it online.

The monsters even had skins you could unlock. You could monetize it! But like they shouldn't. But they COULD.

c86e9d20b9e2495e87fa2eac5f51aa98.png

one of them had a sweet tooth skin. why is sweet tooth in everything.

Someone hit him up on twitter. Got crush hour last week, continue the streak of games from my childhood.

I have a VAGUE memory of that Godzilla gamecube game. I don't know if I ever played it in depth but I may have played it. I remember the cover art for sure, but watching a gameplay vid I don't really remember it.

but I am reminded of that Hulk game for gamecube for some reason. now THAT game was fun.

Remake it, slap it on PSN for 20 bucks, and I would probably re-up PS+ just to play it online.

The monsters even had skins you could unlock. You could monetize it! But like they shouldn't. But they COULD.

c86e9d20b9e2495e87fa2eac5f51aa98.png

one of them had a sweet tooth skin. why is sweet tooth in everything.

Maybe Sony should revive Incognito and bring back War of the Monsters and Warhawk (played so much of it on PS3).

Xater

The Godzilla game I meant was "Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee". It was more of a fighting game. pretty sure you could play with 4 people. It was a decent title. Definitely better than the shit Vinny and Alex played.

I think the Hulk game you are thinking of is Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. That game was great. It's by Radical who then made the Prototype games which basically have the same formula. They also made the Hulk movie game before Ultimate Destruction but that one had those terrible stealth sections as Banner.

The GameCube game you're thinking of is Destroy All Monsters Melee, which always amused me because it was commonly abbreviated as God: DAMM.

Brashnir

At first I read your post and was like, "yeah, a remake on modern hardware would be great," but then I read this post...

I played the shit out of War of the Monsters but somehow I never knew there were skins that changed the look of the monsters so dramatically.

...and realized that in a modern remake, all of those skins could be yours for the low, low price of 99 cents. Each.

I played the shit out of War of the Monsters but somehow I never knew there were skins that changed the look of the monsters so dramatically.

yeah from what I remember they basically each had two recolor skins and then one skin that kinda changed them a lot. Ultra-V had a skin that made him into a female Ultra-V.

The Godzilla game I meant was "Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee". It was more of a fighting game. pretty sure you could play with 4 people. It was a decent title. Definitely better than the shit Vinny and Alex played.

I think the Hulk game you are thinking of is Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. That game was great. It's by Radical who then made the Prototype games which basically have the same formula. They also made the Hulk movie game before Ultimate Destruction but that one had those terrible stealth sections as Banner.

Yeah, Ultimate Destruction.

It's so strange that you could never release games like those as full 60 dollar titles these days. They'd have to be $20 downloadables. Are those the Double-A games that went missing?

Ha, I'm enjoying the back and forth contradiction/gb lovefest. Always makes me happy when stuff like this and C,S,D etc blow up in a positive way

Xater

I genuinely think Contradiction is a wonderful thing and I hope they get some sales out of this. I still don't know if I want to play it right now and finish it or go in myself after I have watched the play through.

I genuinely think Contradiction is a wonderful thing and I hope they get some sales out of this. I still don't know if I want to play it right now and finish it or go in myself after I have watched the play through.

I want to experience it via GB the first time and then play it later myself. I haven't paid THAT close attention to the details, so I'm sure I won't remember most of the actual solutions.

Brashnir

I don't think I will ever have any desire to actually play it, but the game has given me more joy from watching the beast crew play half of it than most games manage in the entire time I play them.

I bought it as a token of appreciation for that rather than an interest in playing.

Frenden

Banned
I bought it as a token of appreciation for that rather than an interest in playing.

Same here. I may play it with my wife after, but I mostly wanted to toss the devs money for the huge amount of enjoyment GB's coverage has (will!) produced. It felt fair.

It's really weird how Contradiction went from a so-bad-it's-good kind of game to a legitimately interesting FMV game with a cool gimmick and compelling story. It kind of reminds me of Deadly Premonition in that way.

I don't think I will ever have any desire to actually play it, but the game has given me more joy from watching the beast crew play half of it than most games manage in the entire time I play them.

Yeah, the nature of the game is such that we're getting a lot of the content for free just by watching GBeast play it, so it's the least we can do to just buy it and let it sit in our libraries.

Brashnir

Same here. I may play it with my wife after, but I mostly wanted to toss the devs money for the huge amount of enjoyment GB's coverage has (will!) produced. It felt fair.

It's going to be the gift that keeps on giving, too. I for one can't wait for the Contradiction-themed GOTY video(s) at the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom