• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelcar

I will fight anyone who says that bravely default is an actually good game.

It's an ok game repeated multiple times.
Yeah, that game was recommended to me endlessly because I like Final Fantasy V and other JRPGs, but no I think Bravely Default is terrible. Talk about a game that encourages bad habits, by the end of my run with it I had my characters set to their strongest moves and was just fast forwarding through every battle, and the story was terrible so I couldn't enjoy it for that either. I played that game for way longer than I should have just waiting for it to click with me, but no dice, I was just bored the entire time.

Jothel

Hey what's everyone's PSN names? (Sorry I know this was asked not too long ago) I only have about 4 people on my list and I want more. I'm JothJackson feel free to add me or give me your name and I'll add you

demidar

Yeah, that game was recommended to me endlessly because I like Final Fantasy V and other JRPGs, but no I think Bravely Default is terrible. Talk about a game that encourages bad habits, by the end of my run with it I had my characters set to their strongest moves and was just fast forwarding through every battle, and the story was terrible so I couldn't enjoy it for that either. I played that game for way longer than I should have just waiting for it to click with me, but no dice, I was just bored the entire time.

I played on Hard to force me to optimize my party. If there's one thing I love about Bravely Default (besides the music), it's the job system. I think it blows FF5's job system out of the water, and combined with making turns into a resource brings a new dimension to the turn-based nature of the combat (as opposed to just waiting and hoping for turns to line up to pull off combos, you can just force them immediately), with a bevy of ways to get more than one turn per, uhh, turn.

I'm not expecting much from Bravely Second besides an update and more jobs. If the story ends up being good that's more of a bonus.

Hey what's everyone's PSN names? (Sorry I know this was asked not too long ago) I only have about 4 people on my list and I want more. I'm JothJackson feel free to add me or give me your name and I'll add you

Colburn0004, feel free to add me for some horrible horrible Rocket League play.

Falifax

Falifax. I took a break from playing games for some days but I want to spend some time with Rocket League during some rainy days that are supposed to hit this week.

Also I downloaded PSO2, I don't know what I'm doing nor should expect.

daydream

Banned
Falifax. I took a break from playing games for some days but I want to spend some time with Rocket League during some rainy days that are supposed to hit this week.

Also I downloaded PSO2, I don't know what I'm doing nor should expect.

pso2 is rad but if you saw that gaming-side thread and downloaded that pseudo-localised version, the better way to go is still the jp version + fan translation for the reasons enumerated in that thread

Yeah, there's zero need for austin to give out spoilers or hints for Contradiction. the game has a built-in hint system that has so far been pretty effective. And, given that most people are watching/playing Contradiction not because they enjoy the gameplay but because they want to see where the story goes, giving out a very direct spoiler like that was a bummer.

Hope he holds back next time and doesn't give up another spoiler.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah, there's zero need for austin to give out spoilers or hints for Contradiction. the game has a built-in hint system that has so far been pretty effective. And, given that most people are watching/playing Contradiction not because they enjoy the gameplay but because they want to see where the story goes, giving out a very direct spoiler like that was a bummer.

He spoiled something during the playdate? I don't remember

Megasoum

Banned
he gave away that Ryan
was part of blackstone.
He threw that out there like half an hour before we even got close to getting something out of Ryan regarding that spoiler. Just didn't seem necessary

Ah right ok, I guess that flew right over my head while watching it but yeah that sucks.

Yeah I caught that too. Like, nobody was asking for hints and yet he was looking them up and threw that out there.

Teddified

I don't blame Austin though, he had to deal with talking, watching the game, and reading/deciphering chat.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a few people tell him about the connection that he thought they had missed it when in fact they hadn't got to it yet.

Jothel

Oof just got some real nice pop-in in the scene where you
leave the first area/get shaved
in the Witcher 3 - did everyone get that or should I turn up my air con?

I don't blame Austin though, he had to deal with talking, watching the game, and reading/deciphering chat.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a few people tell him about the connection that he thought they had missed it when in fact they hadn't got to it yet.

I get it, you have people blasting spoilers at you the whole time and it's hard to balance what you know with what you think the rest of the crew knows. But spoilers/chat help should be a thing vinny and alex request. Austin just kinda threw it out there while they were figuring stuff out.

There were similar issues with Dan and Drew regarding MGS initially but Dan eventually learned to rein it in after a while. I'm just hoping Austin doesn't do it again being that the story is really the best thing about Contradiction so spoilers hit a lot harder here

Volotaire

I did not realise Austin had given spoilers out in the livestream so from my viewing perspective I'm indifferent. But, I agree for future streams, either the chat to tone down the spoilers/hints or Austin let's the others try and figure it out. It is hard to balance participating with the stream and game, watching the chat and avoiding spoilers.

Volotaire

Is this Dan's alt account? Dan and Brad are identical twins.

2686582-ok.gif

b

Yeah, it seemed like it could have just been something from the chat. Either way I didn't even notice it at the time so I'm not too bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom