• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintyice

pockets.jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So i watched that AltF1 germany race thing. That was an experience.

Having never watched a race before, it's pacing sorta reminds me of soccer in that youre spending 2 hours watching nothing happen so when there's like 5 minutes of actual action it's exciting as fuck in comparison
And if you're actually at a race, there's a good chance you'll miss that action, too.

...there's a video?

Most "Over" As Heel Or Face
1996: Superstar
1997: County Of Control
1998: Seth Venicen
1999: Al "Chaos" King
2000: Fore Twenti

Fore Twenti is the most 2000 name

This quote from BoJack Horseman character Mr. Peanutbutter seems to fit Dan to the letter:

“You know, it just goes to show, with the right attitude, every single one of your dreams will always come true. And if your dreams don’t come true, it’s probably because you just didn’t have the right attitude!”

Teddified

You guys know of any good 3-player beat-em ups on steam? My Nephews really liked Castle Crashers but we've pretty much got everything out of it.

You just reminded me that MGS4 gets real bad with that stuff.

It's like the core of the game... how did you forget?

How many different ways can you dress the Bikini Slayers? I like games with clothing options, Resonance of Fate has to be bettered one of these days :/

Several different clothing unlocks from playing the game and a crapton of accessories/hair styles, plus you can adjust the position/rotation/scale of each accessory to your hearts content.

How many different ways can you dress the Bikini Slayers? I like games with clothing options, Resonance of Fate has to be bettered one of these days :/

Has anyone watched Patrick's videos about Rocket League? He get's so, so pumped when he scores a goal. On a side note, I really think if "E-Sports" are ever going to truly expand to mainstream viewers, something like Rocket League is a good hook, as it is rooted in sports. Familiarity and accessibility are key for that, to me.

Has anyone watched Patrick's videos about Rocket League? He get's so, so pumped when he scores a goal. I really think if "E-Sports" are ever going to expand to mainstream viewers, something like Rocket League is a good hook, as it is rooted in sports. Familiarity and accessibility are key for that, to me.

Scoring a goal in Rocket League - of your own merit - is one of the most amazing gaming experiences i've had in a long long time.

It's cool when you get a fluke goal, like hitting it off a wall and it just happening to roll into the goal, or when you hit it towards the goal and the opposition fucks up and makes it for you. But when you're in a full boost, double jumping into the air, knocking a floating ball straight into the goal like a badass?

That's a feeling that few games can accomplish.

tchocky

Has anyone watched Patrick's videos about Rocket League? He get's so, so pumped when he scores a goal. On a side note, I really think if "E-Sports" are ever going to truly expand to mainstream viewers, something like Rocket League is a good hook, as it is rooted in sports. Familiarity and accessibility are key for that, to me.

Rocket League is perfect because it could never be recreated in real life unless it was much slower which I think has been done at some car shows. If it was just virtual soccer people would rather watch the real thing.

Scoring a goal in Rocket League - of your own merit - is one of the most amazing gaming experiences i've had in a long long time.

It's cool when you get a fluke goal, like hitting it off a wall and it just happening to roll into the goal, or when you hit it towards the goal and the opposition fucks up and makes it for you. But when you're in a full boost, double jumping into the air, knocking a floating ball straight into the goal like a badass?

That's a feeling that few games can accomplish.

And, of course, there are the opposite feelings when you have a clear path to a goal and a teammate, of all people, steals your goal at the last second and either scores or horribly misses.

Rocket League is perfect because it could never be recreated in real life unless it was much slower which I think has been done at some car shows. If it was just virtual soccer people would rather watch the real thing.

I think it could sort of be done in real life if you use RC cars with those model rocket tubes attached to them. The ball would be a beach ball type inflatable ball. To earn "boost" you would need to drive your car to the sidelines to install a new rocket tube.

And, of course, there are the opposite feelings when you have a clear path to a goal and a teammate, of all people, steals your goal at the last second and either scores or horribly misses.

Playing Ranked seems to alleviate this somewhat as people aren't as ball hungry and tend to have a better understanding of the fundamentals of the game.

But yeah, setting up for a perfect shot only to have a teammate Leeroy Jenkins you to the ball and send it flying the wrong direction feels like ass

I haven't really kept up with Patrick at all after he left. Can I get a link? Any other recommendations for post-GB content?

Playing Ranked seems to alleviate this somewhat as people aren't as ball hungry and tend to have a better understanding of the fundamentals of the game.

But yeah, setting up for a perfect shot only to have a teammate Leeroy Jenkins you to the ball and send it flying the wrong direction feels like ass

Yeah. I'm finding myself staying back at the goal more, because there's no point in going for the ball when everyone else is going for it anyway. I'd rather stay back just in case they play the ball poorly and it heads towards our goal. Unfortunately, I am not a good goalie and react poorly to the movement of the ball. So many times I jump too soon and the ball passes me. I'm sure I'll get the timing down. I'm definitely better at reacting to hitting the ball when it's coming down from mid-air in the middle of the court.

I haven't really kept up with Patrick at all after he left. Can I get a link? Any other recommendations for post-GB content?

Sure thing!

Rocket League Training: Part 01

Rocket League Training: Part 02

I wish the others would take Brad's opinion about a new Red Dead more seriously. I totally agree that game doesn't really need a sequel because of the ground covered in Redemption.

Yeah. I'm finding myself staying back at the goal more, because there's no point in going for the ball when everyone else is going for it anyway. I'd rather stay back just in case they play the ball poorly and it heads towards our goal. Unfortunately, I am not a good goalie and react poorly to the movement of the ball. So many times I jump too soon and the ball passes me. I'm sure I'll get the timing down. I'm definitely better at reacting to hitting the ball when it's coming down from mid-air in the middle of the court.

I tend to stay around midfield when my team is on the offensive since it allows me to boost towards a loose ball or (in rarer cases) a pass towards center and put the ball in the goal with relative ease compared to being in the thick of it. It also lets me back up and help break up a fastbreak if things suddenly swing the other way on a dime.

I wish the others would take Brad's opinion about a new Red Dead more seriously. I totally agree that game doesn't really need a sequel because of the ground covered in Redemption.

we didn't need all those sergio leone spaghetti westerns, either, but that doesn't mean that if you've seen one of them you've seen them all. There are plenty of stories to be told about the west and here's hoping we get some more.

Yeah. Rockstar really hamstrung themselves by showing the waning days of "The Old West". Perhaps a prequel would be the way to go if they ever make another game in the series?

I understand peoples' complaints about fanservice and lewdness and whatever and frankly just choose to accept it on a case by case basis on my own scale

but

antigravity strawberries and a banana jammed in the twat might be a bit too daft even for me

Man, I really wish they would do a re-release of Red Dead akin to GTA 5. I remember really loving that game but going back to the 360 just hurts now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom