• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not long until we have an official greatest fighting game of all time and an official worst fighting game of all time and NOTHING ELSE.

This will be the only time we can say this in such absolutes, until entry 0003 mucks it all up.

This is definitely going to take #1 this week.

Have they said if they have an actual system for ranking the games? Like some sort of spreadsheet that they are keeping track of? Right now, after only two videos its easy, but after 10 or more (if they genuinely intend to keep this going), they will need something to keep track of the games they played and their rankings.

Myggen

Have they said if they have an actual system for ranking the games? Like some sort of spreadsheet that they are keeping track of? Right now, after only two videos its easy, but after 10 or more (if they genuinely intend to keep this going), they will need something to keep track of the games they played and their rankings.

Jeff mentioned on Tumblr that he would have to find a better way of doing that soon because he was gonna run out of space real soon on the thing he uses now. But haven't heard anything since.

I had samsho1 on the genesis. Fucking play the shit out of that cart, game was so goooooood. The genesis version didn't have the zooming or Earthquake but who gives a shit about earthquake

Galford's theme for life

Teddified

I was into Tekken back in the day, but I never really played against other people and I lost interest in fighting games around Tekken Tag I think.

I used to play this game so much in the arcade. It's been a really long time, but I remember using Charlotte. I wasn't very good, but you know... fun is fun.

I wish fighting games weren't so hard so I could enjoy interesting characters. A few years ago I spent around 10 hours trying to get decent with Platinum the Trinity in BlazBlue and when I thought I finally was going somewhere I lost 10 games in a row online and noped out of there.

Edit: Just to clarify I mean interesting mechanically, not into that animu nonsense :p

Most of my favourite fighting game series are alive and well. A bit TOO alive if you ask me.

(stop making so many BlazBlue games plz)

BLAH-BLOO, as we call it in my neck of the words. It's also the only anime thing I can tolerate because of just how insanely overly anime it is. Boobie-lady is my waifu. Tiggers is an unpure girl for only the most shameful of weeaboo.

Myggen

I wish fighting games weren't so hard so I could enjoy interesting characters. A few years ago I spent around 10 hours trying to get decent with Platinum the Trinity in BlazBlue and when I thought I finally was going somewhere I lost 10 games in a row online and noped out of there.

Well, BlazBlue isn't exactly the easiest fighting game to learn and master.

Well, BlazBlue isn't exactly the easiest fighting game to learn and master.
I meant the general nature of fighting games and their timing/input mechanics. I find it extremely difficult to input combos accurately which obviously makes more complex games like BlazBlue very hard given you have to memorize tons of combos on top of all of the unique systems.

lots o' things happened but i'm just happy about that sales bump for contradiction

those guys seem to be a fun bunch

Yup. That's pretty amazing stuff that genuine enthusiasm can foster. I'm sure they were fine on their own, but have to believe they are grateful for what Giant Bomb did for them. I have the same feeling about Rocket League. If it was not on PS+ would it have garnered the strong word of mouth that it received. Would it still be the top seller on Steam? I don't know, but PS+ definitely gave it a boost. I have a feeling some people that say they would've payed for it (had it not been on PS+) because of how much they love the game, might not have had it on their radar at all, thus would not have bought it to know how much they loved it. Coverage for these types of games can do wonders.

i haven't really looked at much gameplay of that, yet

i'll probably use whichever fighter is similar to a tekken char i play (lily, heihachi, paul, etc.)

I have your answer

cgXj1aC.gif

Myggen

I meant the general nature of fighting games and their timing/input mechanics. I find it extremely difficult to input combos accurately which obviously makes more complex games like BlazBlue very hard given you have to memorize tons of combos on top of all of the unique systems.

Yeah, I suck at fighting games which is why I stopped playing them. Don't really have any friends who want to play those kind of games with me locally, and it's no fun getting crushed online every time I play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom