• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't this the second ql-ex for this game?

There's something about the character art in that game that I really don't like. Looks like a low budget cartoon network show, but that's just my bad opinion.
Well, actual cell animation is prohibitively expensive. I agree that it looks poor in the cutscenes but in the moment to moment gameplay I think it's pretty striking.

Obviously a very different series(the mazes of this game made me think of it) but I'm reminded that it's been more than 4 years since Bangai O Missile Fury came out. Treasure is supposed to be working on a new pc exclusive right? Any news on that or other new games?

Edit: Suppose the 80s cartoons where ugly as sin anyway, I'm thinking of 80/90s films

isn't this the second ql-ex for this game?

There's something about the character art in that game that I really don't like. Looks like a low budget cartoon network show, but that's just my bad opinion.

Wasn't that the point? A lot of those 1980's cartoons were cheaply made.

bender

What time is it?
I was interested in Galak-Z until I heard that the levels are randomly generated. I hate that crap.

Ever try Spelunky? I play that just about every day because of the being randomly generated. It is hard to pull off well.

I wonder if Galak-Z will have a daily challenge mode. I went ahead and pre-ordered based on the Quick Look. They should have show the later levels sooner to build up hype. I thought the game looked rather dull into this video.

mintyice

Wasn't that the point? A lot of those 1980's cartoons were cheaply made.

I know, I know. It's just my shitty opinion. It's just distracting, especially since the character is constantly moving around in the bottom left of the screen and everything else looks so good. Just my weird nit-pick.

Myggen

FYI edgework said on the GB forum that a BeyondPod developer finally got in touch with them, and it looks like they "probably" won't have to block the app.

From that BeyondPod dev:

After quite a bit of debugging, I think I was able to isolate an edge case that may have caused multiple re-authentications - It occurs if the user credentials are invalid (affected code is related to one of the 3rd party libraries we use).

I made the required changes to fix it and posted a new BETA 4.1.44.

We will give it a test over the weekend and if everything checks out will start pushing it to Google Play store early next week. To make it easier to see if the issue was indeed fixed, I also changed slightly the User Agent BeyondPod is using to: "Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; en-us; BeyondPod 4)" (there is "4" after BeyondPod). This way we can see if any re-authentications are occurring with this version.

Stefan

jason
PJSalt.jpg

(i have never heard of power stone and I am 22 years old)

I find Jeff's defensive impulses when it comes to what is or is not a "fighting game" to be a bit silly. What does it matter? Is he afraid Smash Bros is diluting the genre?

Oh, I always watch from the front page. Thought you were talking about the GB crew!

Wouldn't watch any other way! Not only is chat the worst, but sometimes it demands an absurd amount of CPU cycles.

styl3s

Dan is too good at videogames to be working at Giant Bomb
But his excessive shit talking while destroying everyone makes him a perfect fit.

Also Jason being the biggest fighting game guy while at the same time being the worst fighting game player makes for great salt.

Jeff and his ilk's insistence that fighting games are a very specific one-on-one thing continues to be annoying. Mario Kart, Burnout, and Gran Turismo are all racing games; Mario and Prince of Persia are both platformers; Borderlands and Doom are both FPSes; Skyrim and Shadowrun are both RPGs; etc, so I don't see why certain people insist fighting games should be so narrowly defined.

styl3s

wtf, how has all these people never heard of Power Stone
Because it came out in a year where there were 20 better fighting games, it was on a system nobody cared about and it's mediocre.

I was too busy playing Smash Bros which came out about a month prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom