• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

tumblr_ns03zqtrtX1rnpaqeo1_1280.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not to encourage pre-order culture, but if you pre-order Galak Z on PSN you get a pretty rad PSN theme.

Also, I think it's cheaper right now due to the sale.

Lelcar

I love Ranking of Fighters, I feel it doesn't get much love in this thread so I'm giving it some love! Although, it's going to be hard to cover much ground when they only play one fighting game per episode every two weeks. There are a lot of fighting games.

I feel like when they get to the more obviously terrible fighting games, they'll have to do multiple per episode.

I love Ranking of Fighters, I feel it doesn't get much love in this thread so I'm giving it some love! Although, it's going to be hard to cover much ground when they only play one fighting game per episode every two weeks. There are a lot of fighting games.

I feel like when they get to the more obviously terrible fighting games, they'll have to do multiple per episode.

Probably because there's always been a good amount of fighting game content on the site, and some people don't see the need for more.

Anjin M

I really like the current format of Ranking Of Fighters. I think the idea that they are going to really cover every fighting game in ludicrous. I prefer them doing a deep dive on one game instead of trying to survey a bunch of them. That's what formats like The Old Games Show are for.

edit://
Also, I like the idea of the slowly building insanity that will be trying to rank the games as more and more are added to the list. It's simple now, but what about game 25? Game 100? It's going to get crazy.
//endedit

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKsDC_FUYAA4UFM.jpg

GAAHH!!!

Anjin M

Probably because there's always been a good amount of fighting game content on the site, and some people don't see the need for more.

Look at it this way: maybe this means that we'll see fewer old fighting games in other shows. Then the non-fans will only have to put up with new releases being run into the ground.

Lelcar

Ranking of Fighters
Problem: Only one game every two weeks.
Solution: Five episodes per week.
I really like the current format of Ranking Of Fighters. I think the idea that they are going to really cover every fighting game in ludicrous. I prefer them doing a deep dive on one game instead of trying to survey a bunch of them. That's what formats like The Old Games Show are for.

Yes! Yes! You guys know what's up. I agree, I do like the deep dive and I also don't want to take away from The Old Games Show. On one hand I would like to see some of these features more often, but I don't want it at the expense of their other videos. A lot of great content coming out of Giant Bomb.

I do notice that Gametrailers has kind of a schedule happening where they have a different weekly show every day of the week. It would be cool if GB had something like that. But I get it, GB is a small team, it's lots of work, etc etc.

edit - also, yeah, once they get to Fighting Game #100 or whatever, the deliberation process is going to majorly cut into the hour and half allotted time.

Not sure how past vinnyvania's have looked, but the on camera setup looks better than I remembered from previous streams. Lighting and framing is pretty solid (tho Vinny is kinda in shadow - fitting considering the game I guess).

Not sure how past vinnyvania's have looked, but the on camera setup looks better than I remembered from previous streams. Lighting and framing is pretty solid (tho Vinny is kinda in shadow - fitting considering the game I guess).

I'm interested in why GBEast streams don't fill out the video frame though.

fstop

Neo Member
The Contradiction stuff isn't nearly as funny as people want to act like it is.

I guess I'll take this opportunity to finally introduce myself and point out that I am not FStop7. I'm open to changing my name, and now, I think I'm desperate to.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Good thing it's not GB West playing it or Jeff would have done the old, 'You guys keep asking for it so now I'm never doing it!' thing.

mintyice

isn't this the second ql-ex for this game?

There's something about the character art in that game that I really don't like. Looks like a low budget cartoon network show, but that's just my bad opinion.

isn't this the second ql-ex for this game?

There's something about the character art in that game that I really don't like. Looks like a low budget cartoon network show, but that's just my bad opinion.

The last time was part of a UPF I believe, I think they broke it out as a Quick Look too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom