• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

As someone who likes wrestling, I have been vocal about not liking Hogan for ages on here (and elsewhere). I can only find two small rants though, I know I posted more!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8890219&postcount=352
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38181720&postcount=11502

I am pretty sure I have a much longer rant at him when he "returned" on a RAW many years ago on here, but I cannot find that.

i AM HAPPY TO BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY!

Hogan always sucked.

justjim89

WWE also loves to replay the segment of DX in blackface as some great moment of the Attitude Era, and Vince publicly called Booker T the n-word live on TV.

Edit: Nevermind, it was to John Cena. Booker T was just the punchline of the segment.

I don't think they're hustling, they seem pretty sincere. It comes across to me like they put their hearts into the game, found some small success with GB and they're having fun with it. I don't think they're doing it for sales as much as enjoying having their work recognized. If they were in it for the money there are much more lucrative genres to go for than FMV.

demidar

I don't think they're hustling, they seem pretty sincere. It comes across to me like they put their hearts into the game, found some small success with GB and they're having fun with it. I don't think they're doing it for sales as much as enjoying having their work recognized. If they were in it for the money there are much more lucrative genres to go for than FMV.

I think it's a little of both.

I hope one of those PewDiePies picks it up, it deserves a boost.

Seriously. I still find him annoying, but from what I've heard, he's a decent guy that does a lot to promote smaller games.

Edit: When people were playing DuckTales: Remastered on twitch, I made sure to stop by and comment in a lot of the streams because it was super cool watching people enjoying a game that I helped program. I don't think there's anything wrong with the Contradiction guys going all out to thank GBEast for giving their game some love.

Xater

Seriously. I still find him annoying, but from what I've heard, he's a decent guy that does a lot to promote smaller games.

I don't really think he does promotion. It's more people find it funny and then go and buy it themselves. I don't think I have seen him actively promote something, I am also not following all his stuff.

I don't really think he does promotion. It's more people find it funny and then go and buy it themselves. I don't think I have seen him actively promote something, I am also not following all his stuff.

Yeah that's what I meant. I'm not saying he's endorsing the games per se, but he plays a wide variety of games, some of which might be otherwise ignored.

hamchan

End of Beastcast is great. We need fan art of the GBeast inspection team.

The Contradiction crew are so damn cool.

Lol @ Austin's reply to Vinny's "We're gonna get spoilers"

I'm a cheapass, I'll get the game eventually but when it's either on sale or in a bundle. There hasn't been a single game they've done a ER or full playthrough of that I didn't already own or didn't purchase eventually, just a matter of it hitting the right price-point for me.

edit: well, I guess i never bought that scifi flute game. that might be the only thing

Nishastra

Banned
Man, maybe I'm just a cynical shit but I find the Contradiction developers clinging to Giant Bomb a bit awkward.
I don't think they're clinging to GB. They're willing to do stuff with anyone who shows interest. I linked a video in the Contradiction thread of a guy doing an hour-long interview with the Contradiction people, and that guy has like 600 subs on Youtube and his videos typically get views in the low double digits.

I think they're just happy to have anyone care :p

VinnyVania or Colin Moriarty + Dan Ryckert at 2:00 PM EST...

Hmm...

It depends. If you watch Vinny, you can switch over to Kinda Funny and watch their Twitch archive, if you want to watch them back-to-back. But if you choose Kinda Funny, the Vinny stream archive probably won't go up until later today. You can pause the Vinny stream, but because Colin and Greg (Dan!) Live is on Twitch, you can't pause it (Why, Twitch? Why!?). I'm watching Colin and Dan, personally.

DamnBoxes

It depends. If you watch Vinny, you can switch over to Kinda Funny and watch their Twitch archive, if you want to watch them back-to-back. But if you choose Kinda Funny, the Vinny stream archive probably won't go up until later today. You can pause the Vinny stream, but because Colin and Greg (Dan!) Live is on Twitch, you can't pause it (Why, Twitch? Why!?). I'm watching Colin and Dan, personally.

I appreciate the breakdown! Thanks.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Not playing Contradiction today is arguably a worse decision than the time they started a Farmville series of videos.

Definitely Arguable there. That Farmville series was never going to be good. You could tell because interns were involved. Vinnyvania is good, just not AS GOOD as Contradiction.

hamchan

Playing Castlevania is like putting Hogan on RAW for 15 minutes. That old relic should not be given TV time. Push your new stars!

Nah we're gonna feed them to Cena and only push Cena, so that when the Cena tapes come out in 20 years time we'll be in the same situation.

---

Also I like Vinnyvania so I'm happy to see it. I think fortnightly works well for Contradiction. Might make people buy the game if they can't wait to see the ending.

I support VV if only because we need to see a playthough of Super Castlevania IV. that game is a god-tier Castlevania game and one of the best 2d action games of all time

Bugger, I use Beyond, it works really well for what I want considering I don't listen to a lot of podcasts & often use them as background noise for sleeping.

Guess I'll need to look for an alternative :(

Looks like it is on its way to getting sorted. Edgework is chatting it out with the dev team and they seem to be trying to sort out the issues... they are currently a bit baffled still.

http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/show...od-due-to-malicious-traffic&p=14121#post14121

Fobwashed

Man, maybe I'm just a cynical shit but I find the Contradiction developers clinging to Giant Bomb a bit awkward.

To be fair, the stuff on the beastcast was something I reached out to them for and not the other way around. Also, if you're a small dev and getting a noticeable boost from somewhere, it's not being clingy to say thanks. So like, I guess maybe yea, you're being a cynical shit ;-]

mintyice

The Contradiction stuff isn't nearly as funny as people want to act like it is.

stop-liking.jpg

contradiction is great

squadr0n

The Contradiction stuff isn't nearly as funny as people want to act like it is.

Uh maybe its just not your thing, you know... like how people all have their own personal opinions and if you feel a certain way, doesnt mean that everyone else is somehow crazy for not thinking the same as you.

I for one love the series and cant wait to see more, if they even decide to continue. Listening to their commentary while playing is just half the fun! The game itself is freaking hilarious all on its own but including Vinny especially has made this one of my favorite pieces of content from Giant Bomb since the creation of GBeast. Vinny has and always will be my favorite personality on staff and I cant wait till their studio is finalized and in order so he can continue making some great stuff.

Did they have to give back that iPad/Segway thing? Because having recording sessions interrupted by Vinny on that thing brightens my day every time I see it.

Giving an extra week before continuing Contradiction is a good idea considering it's still a pretty new game and could use extra sales from curious people. I'm really anxious to see the rest of it, but it makes a ton of sense to give it another week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom