• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I never understood the problems people had with Comic Jumper. I thought it controlled just fine and had a fantastic sense of humor.

Ms Splosion Man and the bike game were pretty bad though.

I never understood the problems people had with Comic Jumper. I thought it controlled just fine and had a fantastic sense of humor.

Ms Splosion Man and the bike game were pretty bad though.

I thought that the gameplay in Comic Jumper became dull by the end of the first level.

Myggen

I thought that the gameplay in Comic Jumper became dull by the end of the first level.

Yeah, the gameplay being repetitive and not that fun was always the biggest criticism against that game, and something I agree with. Liked the visuals though.

edit:

CKzmocqUwAIrVjt.jpg

via

Frenden

Banned
The Lang shoutout followed by a message from a developer who calls out the game for only having a single QA tester was a real double whammy.

Myggen

You can use Twitch's great DVR features to rewind and check. Oh wait...their player is garbage.

Yeah, seriously. Events like this one reminds me of how much I hate Twitch. Their live player is one of the worst in the business, and I can't think of worse VoDs than Twitch's. Use that Amazon money for fuck's sake.

Yeah, seriously. Events like this one reminds me of how much I hate Twitch. Their live player is one of the worst in the business, and I can't think of worse VoDs than Twitch's. Use that Amazon money for fuck's sake.
It's not quite as bad as RealPlayer ever was.

Shame Alexis doesn't do video player coding.

Myggen

Yeah man, I just watched it and it was hella fun. I don't get the disgust that some people had over the competitive segments. It was all in good fun. Really great UPF this week.

GB comments are known to be really reasonable about any percieved tension between staff members :p

Speaking of the Giant Bomb staff hating each other, does anyone know what UPF it was when Vinny was trying to play something and everyone else was ignoring him because they were watching some guy playing guitar or something on a livestream?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

Myggen

Looking through that person's posts on Reddit, he seems like the sort that should be banned regardless..

GNsFsYc.png

Yeah, he stated in his post that he wasn't renewing his sub "for several reasons", and right there I guessed that it had something to do with the word "SJW". Didn't take long to find that post in his history :p

When someone goes to another forum to whine about being banned from a forum, my experience is that 99% of the time the ban was justified.

Volotaire

I don't quite understand why you cannot discuss political or social aspects of games. Surely some games have this content intrinsic to them or some narrative driven games could push for more complex stories with these in mind to try and match storytelling in books. To be honest, I don't quite understand SJW in general. I've done a solid job at ignoring it in my opinion.

Megasoum

Banned
Anyone who thinks GB's forums are "brutally policed" is almost certain to be a huge jerk.

I'm not a huge jerk (most days) and I still think those mods are ridiculous from time to time.

I know they don't really have a choice because of all the bullshit that floods them everyday but that's been enough for me to stop visiting the comments and forums on GB a long time ago. Some of those mods...ugh...

Anyway... GBGaf4Life

danm999

I don't quite understand why you cannot discuss political or social aspects of games.

It's a bullshit way of trying to shut down conversations about politics that make them uncomfortable or they disagree with because they can't argue the point.

To say video games don't touch on politics is silly. Nobody like that was telling Kojima to keep politics out of Metal Gear.

Megasoum

Banned
I know a lot of people in that credits list, I can guarantee that the QA team busted their ass for months to get that game to where it was at launch.

I don't know that team but I can confirm anyway.

I've been working in QA for almost 8 years now and there's nothing i hate more than people that automatically think that buggy game == bad QA. It's almost never the case.

Looking at the Contradiction thread, a popular Twitch person I never heard of has started playing the game, so that should be bunch more sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom