• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

They seem to be planning to. Austin let slip something about a podcast on the latest Beastcast.

That's awesome, I really hope they invite guests to play (if they have the space?) and it isn't some Skype thing. Alex and Vinny were really great hosts in the earlier GBeast video stuff.

Myggen

Ah I think I remember that now, it was when they were talking about Bellator. I just took that as a jokey comment but either way I'm sure we'll see some GBeast D&D at some point.

His tone didn't seem jokey at all, just seemed like he "announced" something by mistake and moved on quickly from it. We'll see.

His tone didn't seem jokey at all, just seemed like he "announced" something by mistake and moved on quickly from it.
Maybe I'm remembering the wrong then, I just remember him saying coming soon when Vinny mentioned Bellator being a D&D villains name. Regardless, whether it's soon or a while off I'm sure we'll get some D&D from GBeast at some point.

Myggen

Anyone remember the video where they watched the Singstar clip of Jeff singing It's Tricky with two mics? Can't figure out which video it was.

Problem is, they're mostly GBWest. GBeast has Contradiction (which is only a couple more videos) and VinnyVania (which is bad and never should have gone on this long). They need more on-going projects. It's probably because they don't have a 'Dan' - someone who's just constantly thinking of entertaining stuff to do, Vinny's kinda like that but he has a lot on his plate as the only video/audio producer.

But VinnyVania is the best. It's like TOGS (i.e. the best new content on the site) but it's actually continued to happen.

:(

Myggen

But VinnyVania is the best. It's like TOGS (i.e. the best new content on the site) but it's actually continued to happen.

The last Old Games Show was under 3 weeks ago, and it's probably gonna happen every 3-ish weeks (part of the rotating schedule of shows on Wednesdays).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Vinnyvania is like the opposite of TOGS.

TOGS is all about using cheats to blast through games.

Vinnyvania is watching one man flail around as he continually bangs his head against the wall.

Nishastra

Banned
To everyone who keeps saying that they need to make RoF shorter or play a bunch of games per episode: You're missing the point of the feature. They are going into these games not having played them in years/decades (or ever, probably, further down the line) and they are actually genuinely trying to give each game a fair shake.

They try out every character, learn what kind of moves the game has, and get an ending. If they shorten it, they are either not really learning about the games or have to learn beforehand.

To everyone who keeps saying that they need to make RoF shorter or play a bunch of games per episode: You're missing the point of the feature. They are going into these games not having played them in years/decades (or ever, probably, further down the line) and they are actually genuinely trying to give each game a fair shake.

They try out every character, learn what kind of moves the game has, and get an ending. If they shorten it, they are either not really learning about the games or have to learn beforehand.

I think the issue is with it being 90-120 minutes on just one fighting game at a time. The most they really should be spending is an hour a game. Anything after that becomes a bit more of a bore to watch.

you can do all the things you mentioned within an hour, too, so nothing is really lost

Frenden

Banned
Ranking of Fighters is great as is. Vinnyvania is one of the funniest features.

The only feature that is a miss sometimes, for me, is UPF.

Falifax

I know, but he genuinely seemed stunned. And it looks like Jeff (unsurprisingly) is not a fan of the DLC. Should be a fun bit on the Bombcast. Surely they will bring it up.

Oh yeah. When I saw that, first thing that came to my mind was Jeff shaking his head while Dan giggling and saying "This is the best!" to himself.

jaina

Twitch is often my go to solution when I'm bored. I scroll down the list until I find a game I'd like to watch. The weirder the game is the more it is interesting (potentially anyway).
That's my twitch strategy too.
____
the Terminator franchise has been Sonic-ing real hard for over a decade now. Some sad shit happening to that series
Gotta go back
A+ material.
____
Anyone remember the video where they watched the Singstar clip of Jeff singing It's Tricky with two mics? Can't figure out which video it was.
Fattony12000 captured those just this weekend for archival (it's from the GOTY 2015 Singstar QL):
Grab the video here:
YouTube Mega.nz

I think the issue is with it being 90-120 minutes on just one fighting game at a time. The most they really should be spending is an hour a game. Anything after that becomes a bit more of a bore to watch.

you can do all the things you mentioned within an hour, too, so nothing is really lost

You can't objectively grade a fighting game in only an hour!

That's all fine and good, but it's a feature based around playing a game long after it stops being interesting to watch. To me. Which is all that matters.

MG310

I bet RoF will pick up once they get into the more feature rich fighters like Tekken 3, Soul Blade, MK:Deception etc.

The episode where MK: Trilogy crashes constantly will be fun too.

I don't feel like punishing guys like Schreier and Klepek for what a sister company did seems fair. Do you take that type of ethics-above-all approach with everything you deal with on a daily basis?

if so, then you own 0 electronics and wear little to no clothing. and haven't had a burger in years

Fair enough, I'm sure someone will mirror it somewhere.

Patrick and Jason do such great work over there. It's a shame their parent company is so slimy. I still read Kotaku, but I wouldn't be against Patrick and Jason going elsewhere or starting their own, more news focused site.

I don't feel like punishing guys like Schreier and Klepek for what a sister company did seems fair. Do you take that type of ethics-above-all approach with everything you deal with on a daily basis?

if so, then you own 0 electronics and wear little to no clothing. and haven't had a burger in years
I could see the stance that Jason took in the Gawker thread on here putting people off of looking at his articles.

Anjin M

please at least put at the table on the bombcast network

I bet this is like when Patrick said he didn't want to put some of his videos on Giant Bomb because he wanted to own them himself. It might be weird if Austin, as a employee, used Giant Bomb to host a podcast that wasn't owned by the site.

I also want to see a Top Gear like leaderboard where they just slot in a piece of paper to keep track of the rankings. This whiteboard ain't gonna last.

I think that's part of the joke. I'm hoping that Jason is forced to come up with even more elaborate recordkeeping devices over time.

/highfive

Anybody that has a free 10-15min should really read the latest article from Jason over at Kotaku about QA in the Videogame industry.

As a QA Vet myself, I'm so happy that this was written. So much misinformation floating around QA on the internet.

http://kotaku.com/quality-assured-what-it-s-really-like-to-play-games-fo-1720053842

I saw that article and immediately thought of you and the others in the thread who have been discussing QA the last couple pages. :)

Brashnir

It ain't randuke of fighters, it's ranking. Coronations take time.

7/27/2015: the day i got flustered by a gaffer calling Snatcher a Metal Gear spinoff and being absolutely serious about it.

I didn't think a gaffer could get me with nonsense anymore, especially on gaming side. But i suppose every man has his quirks

newjeruse

I've been re-watching Breaking Brad: Demon's Souls edition. It's probably my favorite content on the site. I wish we could get Vinny to play Bloodborne.

I've been re-watching Breaking Brad: Demon's Souls edition. It's probably my favorite content on the site. I wish we could get Vinny to play Bloodborne.

Naw, we have had enough Bloodborne with Brad getting his sick Plat out of it. If anything, they need to calm down with the premium content.

Also, it only took them almost half a decade but they're finally giving us daily premium features. I remember that promise from the second BLLSL. Those were the days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom