• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people like the game and quite a few sites have posted updated impressions saying how much it has improved since the bizarrely premature launch.

It's obviously sold well given they keep putting out dlc out for it and promising a second season of dlc. "Classic" is a pretty subjective thing anyway.

Bacon

Ninja Baseball Batman on SGDQ right now you guys

Tetris block later tonight too. Someone posted this in the sgdq thread that got me super hyped for it.

For anyone looking forward to Tetris you should get even more hype than last year. Two of the best players in the world from Japan are coming: Toshifumi Nishioka and Sho Akaki. If you thought Kevin was good (and he is, being the only non japanese GM), you have NO idea what you are about to witness.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
On the flipside, this is pretty funny in the wake of the "man their positivity is so refreshing compared to Giant Bomb" chat from E3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVOXU80FhaU

I certainly thought about dropping a
a7Za6DT.gif

in there

I'm actually most looking forward to the borderlands pre sequel run this morning at like 3 AM. The dudes who ran Borderlands 2 last year were super entertaining, hopefully these guys can live up to it.

paul187

I've been listening to the Dan and Paul podcasts lately and I was wondering if there was a list of Dan or Paul's classic rock favourites. I've been digging through a lot of stuff on my own going off what they've been saying in the podcasts, I was wondering if there was a comprehensive list.

popo

I have some sympathy for the OP because his example was an outright lie in a magazine review - rather than an opinion that someone disagreed with - but you could see where the thread was going to end up.

Curufinwe

Jeff hated DC because he hated the handling model. And that's fine, a reviewer should hate a driving game if he hates how the cars control. But Jeff hated the handling more than any other reviewer out there based on his text and his score. And yet the rest of the staff assume most people agree with him when he's actually at the extreme end of opinion on the game.

I didn't get DC till it was $25, but I really enjoy how the cars play on a control pad and have had a lot of fun with the game. I have never really enjoyed the more realistic driving games like GT and Forza, and DriveClub I think is quite a bit better than Grid 2 which is the closest comparable I can think of. I don't like it as much as NFS HP or Midnight Club LA last gen which were more arcadey and a bit more fun, but it's a really solid racer with a shit load of content and some incredibly nice looking car models and weather effects.

Giant Bomb guys have shat all over quite a few of my favourite games, but I've never been angry about it. They might exaggerate some opinions on shows for comedic effect, but I'm sure they legitimately feel those opinions. I don't care if they hate things I like. I just want them (like anyone in their position) to not lie about how they feel about something. That's all that should really matter.

A lot of people like the game and quite a few sites have posted updated impressions saying how much it has improved since the bizarrely premature launch.

It's obviously sold well given they keep putting out dlc out for it and promising a second season of dlc. "Classic" is a pretty subjective thing anyway.

It was bundled like crazy, so there are potential people who would by DLC. If the game sold well they wouldn't have scuttled the studio and turned the game into a service i.e. more DLC, they would be making a sequel.

Jintor

is it wrong i want a video or a podcast of GBeast talking about their experience watching Pixels?

i'm sure it'll be on the Beastcast anyway

Jintor

I bet this is like when Patrick said he didn't want to put some of his videos on Giant Bomb because he wanted to own them himself. It might be weird if Austin, as a employee, used Giant Bomb to host a podcast that wasn't owned by the site.

but 8-4 tho. maybe a localisation company that isn't an employee of the network has greater latitude, idk

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Some wisdom from Dan Ryckert, who given the above evidence clearly has not a care in the world:

Like what you like! And if some asshole like me tells you it’s stupid, tell 'em to fuck off!

Yeesh. A poster added a DKTF Gamespot review and highlighted the bad points section as a lie in the 'professional review biggest lie' thread. Some are convinced that it's factual. I thought by now people have realised there is a difference in opinions. Simple enough.

Much like Driveclub, a lot of people on GAF have what I would consider an unhealthy love of Tropical Freeze. Regardless of the quality of either game, a lot of people act straight-up crazy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom