• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Killer Mike's solo work generally had mediocre production (with some exceptions) before he teamed up with El-P, that's why people slept on him. Always been a really good MC, but the production always held him back up until R.A.P. Music.

but it's not like those Outkast features just never happened

first time I heard the dude on Stankonia I thought it was the hardest shit ever

RTJ2 > Cancer 4 Cure > R.A.P. Music > RTJ1

and then you put Fantastic Damage in front of all of that

They don't need to play more games per episode; they need to put out more episodes per week. Like five.

The charm of something like the Worst Idea of All Time podcast is that the participants have to do it every week. An endurance run approach where they play a fighting game every day is inconceivable, but every two weeks (maybe?) is just too much time in between to make the comparisons stick.

Myggen

but it's not like those Outkast features just never happened

first time I heard the dude on Stankonia I thought it was the hardest shit ever

I was talking about his solo stuff. He had a lot of hype after his Outkast features, but that got killed by his solo albums pre R.A.P. Music not being that good.

Haunted

I'm actually looking forward to the Rocket League rematch, now that Vinny has trained up a bit and won't be dragging his team down as much.

That said, I still think East stands little chance just going by general videogaming skills/competence (Austin could've been the dark horse, but he didn't look particularly great out there).

Anjin M

Naw, we have had enough Bloodborne with Brad getting his sick Plat out of it. If anything, they need to calm down with the premium content.

Also, it only took them almost half a decade but they're finally giving us daily premium features. I remember that promise from the second BLLSL. Those were the days

I love the Souls series, but even I've had my fill of them on the site. I'd be happy not to see any more until DS3 comes out.

If anything, we need Austin driven premium content. KOTOR with Austin and Vinny, let's go.

I hate myself for typing this so I'm putting under spoiler tags....

Alex/Austin Endurance Run

I think Jeff has forgotten that Giant Bomb kind of does have an unofficial hand gesture.

man, it's a real bummer how youtube's official tips for success are exactly what you think they are

"fit this really shitty mold that tries to create a cult of personality (and also like/comment/subscribe)"

Mr. F

Banned
Is RoF any more interesting than standard Jeff/Jason fighting game quick looks? Their knowledge on that stuff is interesting to hear from time to time but as someone who isn't deep into the genre I always find it a bit dry over all.

front.png

http://teespring.com/indieloveco

@aurahack
It's up!!! Here is the Indie Love Coalition shirt I designed! https://twitter.com/IndieLoveCo/status/625761856280367104 … SEND RUN GFB TO THEIR GRAVES... in style!
9:26 PM - 27 Jul 2015

\,,/ Battle of the Shirts \,,/

0103_qkso3.gif

repeater

So today I had a vision, inspired by the previous Vinnyvania

Austin and Alex should start a shoegaze podcast
called
The Giant Dreamcast

Xater

I doubt Jeff Green could fill that roll with the same music the time before last after what's happened this week :(

Although Green's probably more mobile than Hogan still.

God damn it, I had to do a double take here. I thought for a moment you meant something happened to Jeff Green and got all panicky.

Ahhh sorry guys! I should have been more clear rather than trying to be clever.

Yeah Jeff came out to Real American to a massive face ovation the PAX before last. And with Jeff's back issues in the past (but after that PAX run-in) I was referring to the fact that Hogan is nigh-on a cripple these days. Although his career has of course taken a full-on strong-style Vertebreaker at this point.

#thisistheofficialgiantbombonyoutubehashtagpleaseuseitwhenlikingfollowingandsubscribingtotheofficialgiantbombchannel

Great follow up to

#thisistheofficialgiantbombpressconferencehashtagpleaseusethishashtagtosendusanyquestionsduringanyandallpressconferencesfortherestoftime2015

Volotaire

Yeesh. A poster added a DKTF Gamespot review and highlighted the bad points section as a lie in the 'professional review biggest lie' thread. Some are convinced that it's factual. I thought by now people have realised there is a difference in opinions. Simple enough.

danm999

That thread is an example of why we can't have nice things.

And I half expected someone to bring up a Jeff review in there. (It may still happen one poster is complaining about the demagoguery of Driveclub mentally scarring them).

Bacon

Yeesh. A poster added a DKTF Gamespot review and highlighted the bad points section as a lie in the 'professional review biggest lie' thread. Some are convinced that it's factual. I thought by now people have realised there is a difference in opinions. Simple enough.

I'm waiting for Jeff's drive club review to inevitably get posted in that topic

Man people need to get over GBs DriveClub review.
It's more that people need to accept that other opinions exist and that's perfectly fine.

The weird thing is that the only reviewer on GB that I've ever disagreed with is patrick. He overrated Alien Isolation compared to how I felt about it. I haven't played Evil Within yet so I dunno if I feel the same that he does about it. And regardless, it'll be fine because i don't seek validation in anyone's reviews.

People need to get over any review ever.

They should be a general overview prior to a consumer purchasing content, not validation of your own opinion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's funny because it's not like DriveClub is some wildly beloved classic.

Like you might have some ammunition if you want to argue the worth of Nights with Jeff Gerstmann, but DriveClub ain't some 'classic'

Brashnir

Ninja Baseball Batman on SGDQ right now you guys:

https://gamesdonequick.com/

also, my favorite thing with reviews is reading reviews from critics who hated the games I like. Sadly, game reviews are so homogenized that you rarely get a truly scathing review of anything but the worst of the worst games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom