• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nuts if Rocket League takes the GB GOTY over a year with Bloodborne, Witcher, Fallout and MGSV.

Mm, I don't think it will. They're hot on it right now, but I think by the time they get to GOTY everyone will pick their horses (Brad Bloodborne, somebody Witcher, etc) and nobody will champion Rocket League. It'll be in the top 10, I'm sure, and will win a multiplayer category of course.

Hey Dan, look at this post from the Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation thread. Sounds like this will be your kind of movie!

I was worried about that in the back of my head, but thankfully she isn't simply a Fanservice Blob What Needs Rescuing.

I don't know what made me do it, but I couldn't help but conclude that Rogue Nation might be the best unofficial Metal Gear Solid movie.

Should I just make a big spoiler block with my impressions or what? For now I'll just post these pictures of me and the stars from the NYC premiere on Monday. >_>

totowhoa

Banned
Yeah I'm not getting at Dan, I think he's great (I'm sure Jeff does too), that was just such a killer put down

Haha yeah I enjoy it. That was about the time I had to stop half-watching it at work before shit came up end of day.

I'm not usually in such a rush to see something when I miss a live stream, so I'm not sure of this.... Can I expect the archive to go up tonight? Not sure what the usual turn around is.

You forget who Brad 'I got Destiny into the Top 10 GOTYs despite being the most disappointing game of said year' Shoemaker is.

Oh I believe in Dan. He was quiet during last years GoTY podcasts because he's storing up his energy. That half marathon he ran on the weekend? Practice for the GotY podcast.

Haha yeah I enjoy it. That was about the time I had to stop half-watching it at work before shit came up end of day.

I'm not usually in such a rush to see something when I miss a live stream, so I'm not sure of this.... Can I expect the archive to go up tonight? Not sure what the usual turn around is.

If you want to watch it right now, you can use this link until the archive goes up. It works for every livestream.

I hope more of the duders finish The Witcher. I wasn't in love with the mechanics but I was really into the main story line. Even a bunch of the side stories.

Oxirane

I just started watching the archive, but the audio of the GBeast guys playing coop sounds a lot like the disingenuous 'Mic Trick' (from the Division Trailer) that Jim Sterling was ranting about.

Myggen

I just woke up after 4 hours of sleep. Fuck everything. Sounds like I missed a good stream though. Hope Jeff's okay! He has never left a stream before because of illness.

Also, Dan posted this on Twitter as a good example of someone taking selfies while running the half marathon:

CLHwyd7UYAANPZX.jpg

I just woke up after 4 hours of sleep. Fuck everything. Sounds like I missed a good stream though. Hope Jeff's okay! He has never left a stream before because of illness.

Also, Dan posted this on Twitter as a good example of someone taking selfies while running the half marathon:

CLHwyd7UYAANPZX.jpg

Technically he still hasn't. The stream was supposed to be over after the first to 10 wins. Vinny, Alex, Dan, and Brad wanted to do some extra games that meant nothing. Jeff left (he was sick) and Austin left (don't recall why). After one extra match, Brad and Vinny did one last 1v1. Props to Jeff for sticking it out for the 14 (official) games that were played today.

I run holding my phone because otherwise it messes up my pants by flailing around in my pocket. It's my cross to bear for buying a 6+ I guess. Never use it though.

Dan talking about running on podcasts honestly kinda got me to try it. I've been going for around a month and a half and am about to finish my 5K training app. It's honestly super fun and I've lost like 11 pounds.

Thanks Dan! Hope to get to a half marathon like you someday!

Myggen

Technically he still hasn't. The stream was supposed to be over after the first to 10 wins. Vinny, Alex, Dan, and Brad wanted to do some extra games that meant nothing. Jeff left (he was sick) and Austin left (don't recall why). After one extra match, Brad and Vinny did one last 1v1. Props to Jeff for sticking it out for the 14 (official) games that were played today.

We can get as technical as we want, but as long as the cameras are still rolling I consider that part of the stream ;) But regardless I hope it's just some small bullshit. Watched the end of the stream now before going to work and he seemed to be struggling for a while before giving up there.

"We're not part of your weird asshole thing" is the line of the year

Who's that quote by?

We can get as technical as we want, but as long as the cameras are still rolling I consider that part of the stream ;) But regardless I hope it's just some small bullshit. Watched the end of the stream now before going to work and he seemed to be struggling for a while before giving up there.

Who's that quote by?

brett

Who's that quote by?

Yeah. I initially thought it was just him being disinterested. I had wanted to see this go a full 19 games, but after seeing how quickly Jeff needed to get out of there, I'm glad it ended when it did. Maybe next time they shouldn't have it be first to 10, but instead have it be best of 9 or best of 11, meaning the winning team only needs to win 5 or 6 respectively, instead of 10.

Myggen

Yeah. I initially thought it was just him being disinterested. I wanted to see this go a full 19 games, but after seeing how quickly Jeff needed to get out of there, I'm glad it ended when it did. Maybe next time they shouldn't have it be first to 10, but instead have it be best of 9 or best of 11, meaning the winning team only needs to win 5 or 6 respectively, instead of 10.

Yeah, best to 10 is probably overkill. RL matches can go on for some time.

Yeah, best to 10 is probably overkill. RL matches can go on for some time.

Especially since, like I said, had it gone the distance, they would've played 19 games, with the winning team winning 10-9. That's a lot of Rocket League. Jeff clearly did not have 5 more games in him. Maybe they should allow for substitutions like in real sports. Jason or Drew could've been replacements. That way, Jeff could have left as soon as he started feeling sick.

Bacon

I love that Drew and Dan are best bros. I never would have expected that coming in.

Opposites attract ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hunt for Red October is phenomenal. Didn't participate in the last one but I'll definitely do it this time. Need to hear Dan's reactions.

So Alex got that gaming mouse? Training by sandbagging then wrecking that guy with King Ghidorah, huh? Is that what I'm about to watch?

Okay yeah, sounded like it :p In regards to something Dan said I'm guessing.

Also, people should've learned by now that Dan isn't a sore loser at all. So if anyone's salty it's gonna be Brad: They're both really competitive, but while Dan can gloat when he wins he's never a sore loser. Brad never really gloats, but he can be a sore loser.

"It's like we're the same guy"

I love that Drew and Dan are best bros. I never would have expected that coming in.
Yeah same here. It doesn't seem like anyone else on the staff enjoy each other as much as those two do. Really looking forward to that.
Watching the VOD.

GBWest seem too cool to talk to each other.
It loosens up over the second half. I wasn't really loving how tense and focused it was to start but it gets to be a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom