• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Watching first game of Rocket League. GBeast with the calling and teamwork. They have been practising dayum.

Rocket League esports can be a legit thing. This is more enthralling and tense than watching Dota or CS:GO.

7SnS7QJ.png

Good thing GBWest didn't win those last few games. I don't know if Jeff could've held out for another five games (if it went the distance). I wonder if his bathroom break was to throw up. If so, crazy that he stayed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
7SnS7QJ.png

Good thing GBWest didn't win those last few games. I don't know if Jeff could've held out for another five games (if it went the distance). I wonder if his bathroom break was to throw up. If so, crazy that he stayed.

Let's just go ahead and slap an asterick next to GBEast's 'victory'

7SnS7QJ.png

Faking injury to write off a loss.

Rocket league truly is soccer.

Feel better Jeff.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Let's just go ahead and slap an asterick next to GBEast's 'victory'

There was always going to be an asterisk. Vinny has obviously been juicing and Alex is using HGH.

What happened to this game... it used to mean something.

hamchan

7SnS7QJ.png

Just like real sportsmen, always making excuses for their losses.

justjim89

You know, maybe MGS will be better off without Kojima. I can't believe the whole shaking Rose's boobs nonsense.
Or the fact that she appears to have erect nipples protruding through a turtleneck.
All the pervy stuff just gets stupider and more gross as time progresses.

You know, maybe MGS will be better off without Kojima. I can't believe the whole shaking Rose's boobs nonsense.
Or the fact that she appears to have erect nipples protruding through a turtleneck.

yeah i've never played these games before and it's real hard excusing how gross some of this is. like, i get different cultures/times and stuff but it's still super jarring and off-putting. i feel like there's gonna be a lot of pushback against MGSV if it continues this stuff.

to say nothing of the vagina bomb rape bullshit in ground zeroes

"Dan Ryckert had no assists or saves." No way.

Defence is for wimps!

But Vinny must have put in some hours upping his defensive skills. GB East maybe not as experienced as GB West with the game but they worked better as a team and nailed the fundamentals.

And was it Alex who said they should have the blow off at PAX? Because Rocket League in front of a crowd sounds amazing.

Maybe booking a panel around something with at times questionable servers would be a bad idea though. Can you do LAN? RL seems like the kind of dumb game that should support LAN.

Alfredo

It'd still be in the hands of Japan, though, so it could get even MORE pervier. I mean, Konami is marketing that new Castlevania pachinko game with "erotic violence."

justjim89

yeah i've never played these games before and it's real hard excusing how gross some of this is. like, i get different cultures/times and stuff but it's still super jarring and off-putting. i feel like there's gonna be a lot of pushback against MGSV if it continues this stuff.

to say nothing of the vagina bomb rape bullshit in ground zeroes

That's the thing, no matter what it's gross and out of place. The cartoony ogling at sexy ladies nonsense has become increasingly jarring as the series has gotten more serious and less campy, and using something as horrific and triggering as sexual assault in a universe where a 40 year old who looks 75 years old fights his arch-nemesis who is possessed by the malevolent consciousness of his evil twin through a surgically-attached arm while sentient AI controls the global economy and starts wars based around animal-themed PMCs because reasons and every soldier's bloodstream is filled with microscopic robots just feels unearned and poorly-handled.

That's the thing, no matter what it's gross and out of place. The cartoony ogling at sexy ladies nonsense has become increasingly jarring as the series has gotten more serious and less campy, and using something as horrific and triggering as sexual assault in a universe where a 40 year old who looks 75 years old fights his arch-nemesis who is possessed by the malevolent consciousness of his evil twin through a surgically-attached arm while sentient AI controls the global economy and starts wars based around animal-themed PMCs because reasons and every soldier's bloodstream is filled with microscopic robots just feels unearned and poorly-handled.

oh totally, i'm sorry if i came off like i was defending that shit at all. it's something the series should have left behind a long time ago. going through MGScanlon has made me appreciate elements of kojima's writing a lot, but he definitely has a giant problem with that stuff.

justjim89

oh totally, i'm sorry if i came off like i was defending that shit at all. it's something the series should have left behind a long time ago. going through MGScanlon has made me appreciate elements of kojima's writing a lot, but he definitely has a giant problem with that stuff.

Yeah undoubtedly, I was just backing up your point.

Its real jaring how the sexy ladies nonsense and the serious "mature" subjects have been pushed to 11 for MGS5.

I miss MGS1 so much. I still think it strikes the best overall tone of dumb anime bullshit to cool spy stuff of any of those games.

The only thing slightly pervy is Sniper Wolf has a slightly revealing jump suit and that one time you can see Meryl with no pants on.

Heck Sniper Wolf still puts on a damn coat when she goes outside in the snow. These days Kojima would have her role naked in the snow to hide her heat signature or something dumb.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Weird thing is, he loves doing pervy stuff, but he is absolutely capable of creating strong female characters like the boss.

justjim89

God, if the Quiet thing turns out to be
Chico as a trans woman, as has been widely speculated, and the whole punchline is "Haha! That sexy lady was really a boy! Bet you feel gross now, huh?"

It might just be the grossest thing Kojima has ever done, and the game would get fucking reamed for it.

Chico as a trans woman, as has been widely speculated, and the whole punchline is "Haha! That sexy lady was really a boy! Bet you feel gross now, huh?"

It might just be the grossest thing Kojima has ever done, and the game would get fucking reamed for it.

i am 100% convinced that's what's going to happen

hamchan

WHAT

BanGy.nz

Banned

Good luck getting that on the GOTY list.

Lets not get too caught up on something that is only rumoured at this point.
Don't get me wrong, I'll be first to shake my head at Kojima if this turns out to be true but right now it's just speculation so no point in getting angry about it.

I just remembered what happens to Chico and Paz in ground zeros.... yikes.

On a slightly less disturbing note I also just remembered what happens to Naomi Hunter in MGS4 and the ACTING! that goes along with it.

That should be a good episode. Lots of cool shit and real dumb shit happens around that point in the game.

don't worry guys, the japanese game development scene is very open-minded and progressive

I'm sure they'll take these concerns to heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom