• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Burnout Paradise isn't even the best Burnout game, let alone a serious game of the generation candidate. Jeff's nostalgia for the game he played when he was unemployed is out of control.

It's a case of "Right game at the right time" kind of thing. Happens to everybody. I have games too that were ok games but because I happened to play them at a specific time in my life they are suddenly way more important to me than to most people.

Nothing wrong with that.

Also, Burnout Paradise is kinda boring

I've never been a fan of games with disembodied voices speaking directly to me. It's like when a cashier uses my name during a transaction, i don't know you so please don't pretend we friends dawg.

Burnout Paradise does that (most previous gen Criterion game do as well) and that just makes me feel like it's eager to be my buddy. I don't wanna be your buddy, dude

IIRC they said it would come, but that it would take a while. It has taken a while, but I won't count it out.
Yeah, I'm not saying it's dead or anything but I really want it to appear soon. Vinny, Alex and now Austin playing shitty games sounds incredibly entertaining.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Burnout Paradise was incredible and so far ahead of its time in terms of open world online integration. It is tragic what happened to that team.

KingKong

Paradise was the one that would let you send selfies to people you wrecked right? I remember getting a whole lot of late 20s dudes in wifebeaters but I'd still get my hopes up for a sexy naked lady every time

Aerocrane

If you wanna talk about boring Criterion games, Most Wanted (2012) is the most boring. It tries to be Burnout Paradise so hard that it has a similar intro voice-over as Burnout Paradise with the same voice actress. The city in that game is really boring, the events have too little variation since they couldn't just take all the event types from Burnout and transplant them into Need For Speed and the police chases are either easy or incredibly difficult. It didn't exactly help that the multiplayer population on PC dwindled quite fast. And also on PC there was no option to mute voice chat and there were performance issues at launch.

At least it got a E3 trailer that used The Prodigy's Firestarter.

Scizzy

he's been in a really good mood post-e3, I've noticed. I can't imagine the kind of stress involved with managing events like that. regardless, it's been a good few weeks, minus the mini-dry spells.

Jeff has stopped watching wrestling, drinks only slurricanes, and threw out his jean shorts. The man is living right now.

Curufinwe

It's a case of "Right game at the right time" kind of thing. Happens to everybody. I have games too that were ok games but because I happened to play them at a specific time in my life they are suddenly way more important to me than to most people.

Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, as a single player game I got bored with it much faster than I did with Burnout 3.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one that thinks Paradise City is probably the worst of all the Burnout games. I hear such reverence for that game from everyone, and I remember being pissed as hell when they announced it as a open world no crash mode game. When they announced that, I thought "Welp, that's the end of that series" and it was. It's not a bad game, but certainly not the best in the series. And man, 3 was so good. Remember that commercial for it? Where the kids are racing and smashing into everything with shopping carts in a grocery store?

Myggen

qNnCDDC.gif

I want an HD remaster of all the crash modes of the first 4 games, with no load times

That would be great! I really wish they didn't take out the crash mode. Hitting the bumpers anytime and just flipping wasn't really all that fun since there was no real objective to conquer

I've wanted to put more than 5 minutes into Burnout Paradise and have it on PS3 and the PC but I'd rather play it downsampled on PC yet they never released Big Surf Island on that platform.

So, crippled with trying to make a choice, i chose not to play it at all.

Clips from the new Bombcast already and I still have half of my last week's podcasts to listen to! Sucks to be on vacation :(

No it doesn't

Zaph

Good shout on that Rocket League game, GBGAF

Great fun, but it's definitely lacking in the soundtrack department. No Cher or dubstep.

edit:

C7jMrMy.png

happening.gif?

I agree the GB guys are on pretty good form right now. Things seemed a little lacklustre prior to E3 (workload etc most likely) but they're zippy now and it's making some great content.

I mean they really, really killed it at E3 with those live shows IMO. Who wouldn't feel confident as fuck after that?

daydream

Banned
camera controls alone make it worthwhile. the camera stinks in the OG game

hm, always seemed fine to me.

i never finished that game so i, too, have a last load to save up, actually. i remember beating agrabah, not sure how much further i got after that

I didn't know that I wanted Vinny to play kingdom hearts until I saw that tweet.

they mentioned kingdom hearts after brad beat dmc. i guess it was vinny's idea all along?

Fjolle

I agree the GB guys are on pretty good form right now. Things seemed a little lacklustre prior to E3 (workload etc most likely) but they're zippy now and it's making some great content.

I mean they really, really killed it at E3 with those live shows IMO. Who wouldn't feel confident as fuck after that?

They will have to move floors soon. That will probably stop their content output for a week or two :)

Myggen

I'm not a big fan of the Kingdom Hearts game, but they're the kind of silly bullshit that lends itself well to a Let's Play type series.

How long is KH1? Been a while since I've played it. I'm suspecting 30 hours+ since it's Square?

I'm not a big fan of the Kingdom Hearts game, but they're the kind of silly bullshit that lends itself well to a Let's Play type series.

How long is KH1? Been a while since I've played it. I'm suspecting 30 hours+ since it's Square?

I'd say KH1 is around 25-30 hours.

robotrock

Banned
How does he load his last save if it's a sealed copy? If he's opened the copy, he couldn't have played it to then save it. He must have no save to call last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom