• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Squarespace has anyone here used it? I'm basically tossing up between that or building a Wordpresss site.

I hate wordpress with a passion but it's still pretty good for sites where you're going to regularly update it (blog, reviews, stuff like that)

I've only messed with Squarespace a little but it's really easy to make some really visually appealing sites. It's also super easy to make a mobile-friendly version.

sorry to drag jpop into this, but I was somewhat impressed with the redesign this group did with their page recently, and it seems to be some pretty standard template stuff even.

http://necronomidol.com/

Anjin M

Sega really should just do an HD rerelease of PSO without the monthly fee. It's such a good game for what really amounts to a super simple Action Loot RPG. and that soundtrack gawwwwdddddd.

I really love PSO, but I tried to play it a few days ago. I completely forgot that you can't look with the right thumbstick. It is so awkward!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I really love PSO, but I tried to play it a few days ago. I completely forgot that you can't look with the right thumbstick. It is so awkward!

What right thumbstick?

XfWGM.gif

KifaJSj.png

Why am I not surprised?

Context: Someone tweeted to that Dan has essentially eaten mayonnaise already because he has most likely eaten all of the ingredients that make up mayonnaise. In the list of ingredients, there was mustard. According to Dan he has never eaten mustard.

When watching replays of live content (UPF/Breaking Brad) does the audio start out fine and then desync after awhile or is it only me?

I get massive audio desync when I watch in html5. I've had to start using progressive and streaming because it bothers me so much.

KifaJSj.png

Why am I not surprised?

Good. Mustard is gross. Mayo and sour cream are the bigger transgressions since they're great.

jaina

Speaking of Squarespace has anyone here used it? I'm basically tossing up between that or building a Wordpresss site.
I only messed around a bit with the squarespace trial mode. I think it's fine and makes a lot of stuff easy, as long as you don't want to include your own code or host a lot of files by yourself.
Just checked, looks like squarespace 7 now supports own html5/css/javascript. So try if your use case works, I guess? Self-hosted Wordpress would cost half or even less though.

Scizzy

It's really getting embarrassing. Almost like people are getting off on wallowing in it, and bragging about how "sad" they are.

The poster called it a "harmless slip" and that he "twinged a bit." It wasn't that big a deal and he's not like one of those weird posters you see from time to time who try to police the way that Ryan's friends choose to mourn.

The poster called it a "harmless slip" and that he "twinged a bit." It wasn't that big a deal and he's not like one of those weird posters you see from time to time who try to police the way that Ryan's friends choose to mourn.

It happens a lot, year round in these threads. When people dwell over someones passing who they didn't know, yet the people who knew and loved them have all clearly moved on, there is obviously something wrong.

The time for being sad is over, you should be celebrating the life and not still mourning the death.

justjim89

Mustard is delicious. Goes great on hot dogs. Goes great on pastrami. Goes great on fried bologna sandwiches. A little bit goes a long way but it's great.

Also, Dan has had mustard because he's had BBQ sauce.

Mustard is delicious. Goes great on hot dogs. Goes great on pastrami. Goes great on fried bologna sandwiches. A little bit goes a long way but it's great.

He's also pretty much had mayo since he's had aioli but Dan is not a man of reason when it comes to food.

Sulik2

Most BBQ sauce has no mustard in it. Carolina mustard BBQ is amazing, but its not that common outside the Southeast. I bet Dan has never eaten it.

Context: Someone tweeted to that Dan has essentially eaten mayonnaise already because he has most likely eaten all of the ingredients that make up mayonnaise. In the list of ingredients, there was mustard. According to Dan he has never eaten mustard.

Mustard is an ingredient of remoulade, not mayonnaise. Mayo is just eggs, oil and vinegar or lemon.

Volotaire

Modbot said:
Even before this move, the Halo OT's have spun further and further off topic and become too much of a chatroom to serve their intended purpose. When Halo 5 arrives there will be an OT dedicated to that game, but there is no longer a need for a general purpose Halo thread on GAF given the history of the community. Apt thread title.

A lesson for us all.

tuxfool

Banned
Happens to me with pretty much all their videos. Usually restarting the video fixes it. Not a perfect solution though, I know.

I've had audio desync issues with every single GB video I've watched recently. It gets terrible on the longer videos though.

Watching them through VLC (ctrl+N) eliminates the desync for me.

When watching replays of live content (UPF/Breaking Brad) does the audio start out fine and then desync after awhile or is it only me?

Are you guys using chrome?

repeater

This week's Bombcast was GREAT. I'm only halfway into emails, and I think I've noted no less than four (4!) Gerstmann laughs. Surely that must be some kind of record?

This weak's Bombcast was GREAT. I'm only halfway into emails, and I think I've noted no less than four (4!) Gerstmann laughs. Surely that must be some kind of record?

he's been in a really good mood post-e3, I've noticed. I can't imagine the kind of stress involved with managing events like that. regardless, it's been a good few weeks, minus the mini-dry spells.

he's been in a really good mood post-e3, I've noticed. I can't imagine the kind of stress involved with managing events like that. regardless, it's been a good few weeks, minus the mini-dry spells.

Don't they have PAX or something to worry about? Although I guess that's a much smaller involvement than the E3 stuff.

I tried to post in the Destiny thread to get some basic information about the game and my post vanished into the ether.

Don't they have PAX or something to worry about? Although I guess that's a much smaller involvement than the E3 stuff.

I tried to post in the Destiny thread to get some basic information about the game and my post vanished into the ether.

Yeah PAX planning starts real soon after E3 but that's tiny compared to all the E3 stuff they have to plan.

You're Destiny post disappearing is a sign that you shouldn't care about that game.

tuxfool

Banned
I've been having the issue for months so i'm not sure it's tied to chrome version.

I've only been having in in the past week or two, but you're probably right. It seems to be happening in Canary too.

I only have problems with a few specific videos like the UPF from Thursday.

I've been watching the live show archives on Chromecast with Luchadeer (which I assume just pulls the video file to display with an html5 <video> tag), no sync issues at all.
I thought so. I was just relaying what the person on twitter was saying.

Never trust people on Twitter!

Myggen

Has been happening for me recently in Chrome, not in IE. Not tried Firefox.

It could be an issue with the most recent version of chrome. I'm going to see if it is still a problem with the Canary builds.

That would make sense for me since I'm only seeing it in Chrome and it happened a week or so ago.

Curufinwe

Burnout Paradise isn't even the best Burnout game, let alone a serious game of the generation candidate. Jeff's nostalgia for the game he played when he was unemployed is out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom