• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
let the speculation begin

hsmOGvl.png

Twitch or Youtube Gaming

tchocky

Looking at those Rocket League stats every member of GBeast had over 60% of shots resulting in a goal while West were all under 50 %.

Austin 61.76%
Vinny 66.66%
Alex 68.42%

Jeff 23.80%
Brad 45.45%
Dan 40.00%

GBeast 64.40%
GBWest 36.11%

Percentage of Shots saved.

GBeast 40.27%
GBWest 13.55%

valeo

The reason GBEast won is because they had a dedicated goalie in Vinny. Brad tried to be, but wasn't as good.

We should start taking bets and Gamespot should enter the fray - 3 team league, lets go.

The reason GBEast won is because they had a dedicated goalie in Vinny. Brad tried to be, but wasn't as good.

We should start taking bets and Gamespot should enter the fray - 3 team league, lets go.

Only if Coach Mary is there screaming non-stop.

I bet on GBWEST

zeshakag

Some serious Twitch bucks can be made with a gaming site league.

Scizzy

That being said. 0 assists in like 15 matches is actually pretty remarkable.

While this is mostly on Dan, it also reflects that Jeff couldn't put anything away.

Really though, I've played maybe 15 hours of RL and I haven't seen anyone as good on D as GBeast was. I don't blame anyone on West for their defeat. East was just too good.

GBEast also had legit strategies and had constant communication with each other letting them know where they and the ball are at all times, something that's commonly done between actual football teams.

Frenden

Banned
While this is mostly on Dan, it also reflects that Jeff couldn't put anything away.

Really though, I've played maybe 15 hours of RL and I haven't seen anyone as good on D as GBeast was. I don't blame anyone on West for their defeat. East was just too good.

Vinny was insane as goalie.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That being said. 0 assists in like 15 matches is actually pretty remarkable.

Nah, if you watched the matches, he did quite a number of setups that the others couldn't put away, Jeff from either missing everything, or Brad from staying too far back all the time.

I'm surprised at how interesting the Rocket League Rematch stats are. I mean, I never would've guessed Vinny was such a defensive monster, or that Dan (at least technically) had no assists. Most surprising are the dramatically lower saves GBWest has--I would've sworn it was pretty even for the most part while watching it.
Been there since yesterday :)

So I was looking through prior pages just so that I could do this to LurkerPrime...

...when I scrolled past those Neversoft logos that people were posting. Only as I scrolled by one, I could have sworn that it said Navarrosoft. I had to go back and look again because I thought someone had photoshopped one of the images. But no, they all say Neversoft. My mind has been poisoned.

Should've known better. Oh well.

Guess I'm just not paying attention.

Contradiction high has worn off, still looking forward to the next episode but it's actually somewhat amusing and not all that odd. Phantasmagoria is still the funniest thing I've seen on the site. That game just goes to such a crazy place .

Contradiction high has worn off, still looking forward to the next episode but it's actually somewhat amusing and not all that odd. Phantasmagoria is still the funniest thing I've seen on the site. That game just goes to such a crazy place .

My girlfriend actually just finished the game. I told her not to spoil me because I'm waiting for the guys to finish it, but yeah, it seems like it kinda wore off.

Lunar FC

Yeah between the delay between videos and hearing that the ending left something to be desired, ive lost all excitment. Will still watch though.

fstop

Neo Member
Should I watch Red October by myself first, or should I go in blind like Dan?

Unlike Rocky 4, this is a movie worth paying attention to, and they're just talking over most of it as random words trigger some tangential thought in Dan's head.

Is Pavarotti an opera singer or a cheese?

Unlike Rocky 4, this is a movie worth paying attention to, and they're just talking over most of it as random words trigger some tangential thought in Dan's head.

Is Pavarotti an opera singer or a cheese?

And he doesn't understand wearing a suit to work every day if you're in the CIA.

I'm about 45 minutes into the movie and I am considering turning off the podcast because I'm liking the movie too much.

erawsd

They reflect badly on all of GBWest. Brad was mostly on D and only ended up with 5 saves in 15 games. Despite all that though, its crazy how close most of the games were. There were only a few where GBWest was blown out and just as many where they blew the lead in the last 30 seconds.

Myggen

Comment under the latest MGScanlong:

I'm done. Fuck Drew. Everyone wanted him to stamina-kill the Beauties, and he decided to be an asshole. He even unlocked the fucking stun grenades. There was a glimmer of hope and he fucking ruined it. I'm done. Not watching the rest of this series.

Don't say that people don't take GB content seriously!

Volotaire

Why stamina kill? Even I did not do that. I bought as many RPG rockets as I could and blasted them (and all bosses) despite playing the main game as stealthily as I could.

And goodness, Drew can play the game as he wants.

Myggen

Why stamina kill? Even I did not do that. I bought as many RPG rockets as I could and blasted them (and all bosses) despite playing the main game as stealthily as I could.

I'm also not sure if "everyone" wanted him to stamina kill the Beauties.

jgminto

lol people thought he was going to stamina kill the bosses? When has he ever done that? There's not even a good incentive like MGS3.

tchocky

I think if you stamina kill them you get their face camo but it will just make the boss fights more frustrating for Drew than they already are to go for stamina kills.

Now THAT was a cool-ass movie. Some of those Jack Ryan one liners are real doozies.

Comment under the latest MGScanlong:

Don't say that people don't take GB content seriously!

the thing with a series like metal gear solid is that everyone has experienced it in a certain way, and they think that is the best way, so drew must play it that exact way or he is not getting the best experience.

drew has 10,000 people trying to pull him in so many different directions, and he's FINALLY found his groove in this damned series. People just need to let him be and be content to get the lewd stuff that's in the cutscenes. They don't need the additional lewd stuff.

I think the only metal gear solid boss Ive stamina killed was The End, and I still held him up and stuff to get his camo.

The point of the entire series is to watch someone experience Metal Gear Solid for the first time with no outside information (outside of some easy easter egg stuff) to see how he would handle it. The audience shouldn't demand anything except maybe Drew having even less information, not more.

Fuck it Im making my stand

DREW SCANLON. I am one of MANY fans who want to see you do grenade only boss runs. If you do not kill ever boss with only grenades me and the MANY fans will boycott giantbomb.com and all of its subsidiaries. This is your only warning!!

justjim89

That was a good movie. Although Connery's Scottish accent carrying through to his Russian was hilarious. Glad they didn't do that the whole movie. The only thing that grated me is Dan's ever present "good guys vs. bad guys" worldview when it comes to international conflict.

Though I do love that Dan just asks aloud the kind of shit most people secretly Google and pretend they knew all along. How do boats float? I mean, I know they do but how? I've caught myself wondering things like that plenty of times.

Dan and Drew's friendship is the best thing to happen to the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom