• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the most interesting parts of this story are only used to set up a sequel. I mean, when you break down the motivation of the killer, and their relationship, it's really much more typical than the early story revelations suggest.

Tan

So we're just not gonna say anything about Simon.

Okay so

Every sequel this game gets is just going to end with arresting one of the already known townspeople for murder, right? There's no way they're not all murderers.

I feel like the most interesting parts of this story are only used to set up a sequel. I mean, when you break down the motivation of the killer, and their relationship, it's really much more typical than the early story revelations suggest.

Yeah but I think this was all a set-up for a much larger idea. I really, really need a sequel to this.

I can't see them not setting up a Kickstarter to be honest. No way that it wouldn't pass and I'm sure they'd end up with much more money than they got for the first one.

Absolutely! I'm still full-in on Contradiction, I was just hoping there would be a bit more to it. It feels like most of the story elements are red herrings.

Considering the ending, it seems like they're actually a setup for something larger. I think they wanted to make a larger, sweeping story, but they didn't have the budget for it. This was a taste for people so that the next Kickstarter would do better. I think it completely worked.

kuppy

To be fair, as far as I know, the whole script and production was meant to be for a demo. The dev wasn't sure how the programming and the contradiction system would work out and wanted to test it. But everything ended being so complicated to set up and there wasn't any budget left, so he just went with this.

Zaph

Clearly, GBEast have to be in the sequel, in some capacity.

Jenks needs a loose-cannon partner for a join US/UK investigation....

3xUkMeC.jpg

I have only ever put money to one Kickstarter ever. If Contradiction 2 goes to Kickstarter, it will probably be my second.

Mighty No. 9 got delayed to 2016? Well, that's the dangers of Kickstarter for you...

I don't get it, why did a piece of the tape get on the license card?

Rebecca taped the license to hang over the lake, probably from a tree branch or something near the dock, and told Kate someone ran off with it, probably implying it was an Atlas test. Kate fell in trying to get it and Rebecca held her underwater with a tree branch.

Zaph

The tape thing was kind of an anti-climax, especially because chat ruined it and Austin said what they were saying.

Why do that chat? Why? :(

Don't pretend you remembered what the tape looked like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom