• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
paz's super anime theme song is the best part of peace walker, so it's a fitting tribute, like when volgin got hit by lightning

Galak-Z being a roguelike-like took a lot of the wind out of my sails. Somehow I had missed that whenever they talked about it.

Why can't it just be an open world space game. Why does EVERY indie game need roguelike mechanics?

Damn straight.

jbug617

Banned
So who do you think is doing the talk over Microsoft? It's going to be early on the West Coast (7am) so could it just be the GB East?

jgminto

bigger size for quality

tzHyrFf.jpg

https://youtu.be/VRJ1MMy6Rs0

tchocky

A bit harsh from Brad.

Brad: Were you ware of this at the time.

Jeff: This came out in 1983.

Brad: That's a bit early even for you.

Myggen

A bit harsh from Brad.

Brad: Were you ware of this at the time.

Jeff: This came out in 1983.

Brad: That's a bit early even for you.

That reminds me, I think we missed Jeff's 40th birthday. It was on Saturday according to the GB Wiki and Wikipedia.

So, happy birthday to Jeff!

I never played Jet Force Gemini for whatever reason despite playing all of Rare's other N64 games and good lord at the control scheme. Think I'll leave this one until the dual analogue update comes out. 29 other games to play, so no reason not to wait.

Edit: You can go prone and roll around the ground. Resident Evil 6's predecessor! Can't shoot though.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I weirdly found the DOTA segment absolutely hysterical. Jeff chanting to 'dust' the items, the stupidity of 'autographed' digital goods... A better than than it had any right to be.

Actually did fall asleep during PSO2 though.
That segment was not bad, so much disgust. Not just from the crew, also from me.

I hate roguelikes because one doesn't have the artifice of design to distract from the math happening when systems interact. I've yet to encounter a roguelike that feels like more than just variables and probabilities ramming into each other.
Spelunky?

Volotaire

It would be cool (unlikely due to timezones) if they could do the Beast stream (looking likely to be them ) but have Jeff or Dan or whoever join in. Unless they're going full on Beast and East livestream setup.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
MGS games have always had their own shitty shooty scenes but that turret sequence, christ.

I'd really forgotten how much of 4 was total crap and we aren't even out of the best couple of acts (4 is decent but not because of the gameplay).

2 was long-winded and indulgent but it was with a clear vision and plan. The message was clear and ingenious, even if the excellent gameplay was too thinly spread between narrative elements. 4 is just nonsense.

And why was Drew shooting the legs?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom