• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Procedurally generated games can look somewhat same-y since templates are repeated.

As far as gameplay goes, they had me at space shooter that plays like halo. That's all I needed to hear.

Oh right. I guess I should also add that I strongly dislike Halo and non-Studio-Ghibili anime so this probably never stood a chance with me.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Soo... Galak-Z isn't coming out on PC tomorrow?

[EDIT] Apparently it's coming out "in a couple months". I thought we were past this with PC games.
That trend is back in full force, N++ did the same thing this week. PS4 must be doing really well with indies right now.

Jintor

All I ever see is annoying banter with the same shooting boring shooting mechanics. I really don't think this game is for me.

I bet bayonetta or DMC probably look repetitive if you're not into them since it's the same action mechanics over and over again... I dunno, galak-z seems fun

I think the game looks great but I'm going to wait for the sweet PC version for 144 FPS glory(or 60FPS/4K)

Hopefully the wait isn't too long.

I bet bayonetta or DMC probably look repetitive if you're not into them since it's the same action mechanics over and over again... I dunno, galak-z seems fun

To be fair, DMC is super repetitive. Bayonetta can be a bit repetitive, but it's well executed so I give it a bit of a pass.

Soo... Galak-Z isn't coming out on PC tomorrow?

[EDIT] Apparently it's coming out "in a couple months". I thought we were past this with PC games.

It used to be a major publisher thing, now it's an indie game thing. I'm sure it makes tons of sense to make a deal with a platform holder for smaller studios. You can focus on a single platform release at a time and get some benefits from Sony or MS while doing it. For the platform holders it's probably pretty cheap to lock up a short timed exclusivity.

You know, I was tinkering around with Psychonauts today, and I don't think it has ever been played on Giant Bomb. Certainly somebody on the crew has some undying love for it, right? With a bit of tinkering, you can make it look great on PC, too.
4u5OG11.jpg
There's even a fan patch that adds 360 controller button prompts into the game.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wrestling is more anime than ever. A blue haired girl just introduced her submission sorority to the world, and Dan Ryckert was there to see it live.

It used to be a major publisher thing, now it's an indie game thing. I'm sure it makes tons of sense to make a deal with a platform holder for smaller studios. You can focus on a single platform release at a time and get some benefits from Sony or MS while doing it. For the platform holders it's probably pretty cheap to lock up a short timed exclusivity.

It's been this way for indies since they started to take off commercially. Most of the early XBLA and PSN hits took a while to come to PC if they ever got ported.

http://www.giantbomb.com/doppelgang...bomb-staff-doppelganger-thread-557388/?page=1

None of these pictures look anything like anyone on Giant Bomb, apart from the comedian that looks like Ryan.

What is going on here?

Some of the Drew lookalikes in particular are absurd!

I can kind of see it in most of those, they aren't spot on by any means or even dooplegangers for that matter, but all of those have a slight resembelance to the original duder, enough so I can tell why they chose those pictures.

Even as someone who likes mayonnaise, it is kind of gross in the sense that I couldn't imagine dipping a spoon in it and just eating a glob without feeling the urge to vomit, but in the right portions on sandwiches or mixed in potato salad, etc., it tastes great.

Megasoum

Banned
So we're getting a new Metal Gear Scanlon episode, a 2hours+ quicklook of Rare Replay and they are doing the MS Conference?

I ain't got time for all that stuff!

robotrock

Banned
I wish those Beast guys would get a couch. It'd be nice if they looked more comfortable during streams and whatever.

So we're getting a new Metal Gear Scanlon episode, a 2hours+ quicklook of Rare Replay and they are doing the MS Conference?

I ain't got time for all that stuff!
I think it was on Friday where we got a near three hour beastcast, a near three hour Contradiction Playdate, and a near three hour Unprofessional Fridays. It was a lot of good stuff.

Megasoum

Banned
I think it was on Friday where we got a near three hour beastcast, a near three hour Contradiction Playdate, and a near three hour Unprofessional Fridays. It was a lot of good stuff.

I really need to go back to that UPF, I ended up falling asleep on it cause I started it at like midnight.

A little surprised Dan didn't bust out the nacho cheese concoctions to punish Xavier Woods.

It makes Dan's interest in the Deception games make a lot more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom