• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm just starting old game show this week. There are times when I think "I played an awful lot of Genesis games when I was young" and then Jeff walks around with his Awesome Possums and other nonsense I would have accused him of making up if I didn't see it myself.

What

the fuck

just happened

2615025-brad_jet.gif

kingocfs

If someone found a life-size doll shaped like a woman in my bedroom, everybody would assume I was up to something nefarious with it.

Michael Jackson had a life-sized doll shaped like a cub scout in his bedroom.

That's actually not true.

It was in his doll room, not his bedroom.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
battletoads in ragnarok's world was the game I got with my og gameboy on christmas and I have never gotten past the bike section. I should try it again now that I'm an adult

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker is the greatest cross-media promotion of all time.

Also one of the most accurate game adaptations of the era.

moonwalker-o.gif

I have like 3 because my brother and parents sold all of my old games when I was away at school. NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, and Dreamcast all gone.

Ouch. Any care to rebuild your collection? I've had all my SNES and most of my GBA and PS1 games lost over moving a lot. Been slowly building back my collection over the last five years.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Ouch. Any care to rebuild your collection? I've had all my SNES and most of my GBA and PS1 games lost over moving a lot. Been slowly building back my collection over the last five years.

I thought about it at various times, but at some point it just seems silly. Aside from the fact that older games are a pain to play on modern TVs, the cost of rebuilding, and the small amount of time I actually would play the games, I can't see it happening for the really old stuff.

I do think "I should buy a Dreamcast..." every six months or so though, and if I ever caught my local shops with a better selection of games it'd probably happen.

I mean maybe if I had my own place with a large room for them, but the ROMs exist and emulation of that generation is good.

Jothel

Anyone here have an XBone and is doing the backwards compatibility stuff? I'd planned on getting a PS4 but the BC stuff sounds pretty tempting. I'm in a different country than my 360 though so I wouldn't be able to get at my disc games but is there anything stopping me from getting my downloaded games?
I was just about to pull the trigger on getting a ps4, now I'm not sure.

Volotaire

So I went back to Peace Walker to finish the 'secret chapter/post game story missions'.

What a drag. Having to complete side ops to get unlock each mission is annoying enough. But to, spoilers for the missions,
repeat the same mission 6 times and then lock the 7th mission because you have to complete Metal Gear Zeke?
. I don't think I can be bothered with the last mission now. Ridiculous.

Megasoum

Banned
Anyone here have an XBone and is doing the backwards compatibility stuff? I'd planned on getting a PS4 but the BC stuff sounds pretty tempting. I'm in a different country than my 360 though so I wouldn't be able to get at my disc games but is there anything stopping me from getting my downloaded games?

If you own the digital version of the game (XBLA or GoD) and it's compatible for the 360 Back Compat (there's not a whole lot of games right now) then yeah you can play it.

def sim

It likely won't officially launch before the W10 update sometime in the fall. There are some games available to try now in the preview program with more coming soon. If a game is part of the BC list and you own the digital version, it will be in your library under downloads.

This thread will probably be more helpful.

Jothel

Purchased digital 360 games just pop up in your Xbone's library. It's real simple, just queue up and download.
Title selection right now is not that great though but more titles coming.

If you own the digital version of the game (XBLA or GoD) and it's compatible for the 360 Back Compat (there's not a whole lot of games right now) then yeah you can play it.

It likely won't officially launch before the W10 update sometime in the fall. There are some games available to try now in the preview program with more coming soon. If a game is part of the BC list and you own the digital version, it will be in your library under downloads.

This thread will probably be more helpful.
Hmm, thanks!
I was mainly going to go for a ps4 because buying a Microsoft product in Japan seems silly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom