• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Yay! Dan did you hear see that Harry Gregson-Williams is not doing the music for TPP? The weird thing is he did it for GZ. I wonder if he didn't want to do another MGS game or maybe he was another casualty in Konami's descent into madness. Or, more likely he was busy scoring Ridley Scott's next film The Martian (out in October).

He is doing the music for TPP. Along with Ludvig Forssell and Akihiro Honda

jgminto

I also started watching Twin Peaks recently and was surprised by just how similar Deadly Premonition was to it. It makes for an interesting viewing experience watching this after playing that. One thing though, I actually liked how Deadly Premonition handled the supernatural elements more than this so far. I'm only a few episodes in to the second season but the way the supernatural elements just show up to give Agent Cooper all the answers and then immediately disappear isn't very satisfying. I don't remember it being that bad in Deadly Premonition, though it has been over a year since my last playthrough. Definitely due for another.

He is doing the music for TPP. Along with Ludvig Forssell and Akihiro Honda

It's not always accurate, but he is not listed on the IMDb page for the game.

Edit- Hmm. Wikipedia does lists him, though. On IMDb, instead of HGW, they have Justin Caine Burnett listed (along with Forssell and Honda).

Neither IMDb nor Wikipedia are exactly beacons for accuracy though.

People really need to stop sending them actual trash. There is no reason why someone should be sending crappy old 4:3 monitors and old PS2s and the like. Just throw it away, don't make someone else deal with your crap, it's honestly extremely rude.

People really need to stop sending them actual trash. There is no reason why someone should be sending crappy old 4:3 monitors and old PS2s and the like. Just throw it away, don't make someone else deal with your crap, it's honestly extremely rude.

Yup. The only time old stuff is good is if it is something somewhat rare or useful. The best mailbags are the ones with foreign food.

justjim89

It was supposed to be a self-deprecating joke about the amount of time I've wasted on Destiny, sorry you take everything so literally?

EDIT: If I'd noticed this was from several pages ago I'd have just let it go!

Hey Brad, have you gotten back into playing Witcher 3 significantly?

hamchan

...I was looking at flights today. $700 to go up Friday morning. This is my own fault. :(

I would go. It's only a short domestic flight for you. Think about the poor people in Australia who want to go but can't because it's too far away, while you're sitting there actually choosing not to go to the biggest Dota event of the year!

(Go)

If GB manages to get Lauren Lapkus as a guest on the LA Podfest stream, I promise to buy three more subscriptions, no questions asked.

I was looking at that website and that seems like a pretty cool thing. I'm nowhere near L.A., but I seriously think I'm going to buy the Live Stream ticket. PFT, Maron, Lapkus, Hollywood Handbook, MBMBAM and the Giant Bomb...I really like the sounds of this. I seriously have no life.

neshcom

Banned
If GB manages to get Lauren Lapkus as a guest on the LA Podfest stream, I promise to buy three more subscriptions, no questions asked.

I was looking at that website and that seems like a pretty cool thing. I'm nowhere near L.A., but I seriously think I'm going to buy the Live Stream ticket. PFT, Maron, Lapkus, Hollywood Handbook, MBMBAM and the Giant Bomb...I really like the sounds of this. I seriously have no life.
Hollywood Handbook at LAPF? Points.

Bacon

Oh shit Hollywood Handbook will be there too? Welp I guess I'm buying this thing.

Oh shit Hollywood Handbook will be there too? Welp I guess I'm buying this thing.

Yikes! It's $25 for the stream. Yeah, I love Giant Bomb and all, but I think that's too steep, considering I don't know how much Giant Bomb I'll get out of it and I don't know about/care about most of those other podcasts.

I honestly did not even notice.

The weird thing is, by being upside down, you could actually read the guy's note written inside the box.

Man that latest mailbag is even worse than usual. At least have the decency to go through your crap to remove complete trash before you send it.

Metal Gear Scanlon - Part 08
PREMIUM VIDEO ON AUG 05, 2015 09:00 PM

4d5798dbb546d894330b6226ef37579d.png

Yikes! It's $25 for the stream. Yeah, I love Giant Bomb and all, but I think that's too steep, considering I don't know how much Giant Bomb I'll get out of it and I don't know about/care about most of those other podcasts.

$25 seems like a great deal to me, but I listen to a lot of those podcasts regularly....or at least enough of them to justify the cost, in my mind.

Lelcar

$25 seems like a great deal to me, but I listen to a lot of those podcasts regularly....or at least enough of them to justify the cost, in my mind.
Same here for the most part. It just sucks that Comedy Bang Bang isn't part of it, but I do listen to anything that has Paul F Tompkins in it and Lauren Lapkus, most of those Earwolf comedy podcasts are on my regular rotation. Marc Maron and Jimmy Pardo doesn't hurt either. Yeah, the set list is way up my alley and worth the money to me as well

People need to stop telling Dan to skip the first two seasons of the Next Generation. Have to get the Riker character build up so he can fully understand the beauty of the beard.

Plus there's that hilarious episode where Wesley almost gets executed. And the episode where it seems like he dies but then it was just a fantasy ;-;

neshcom

Banned
Same here for the most part. It just sucks that Comedy Bang Bang isn't part of it, but I do listen to anything that has Paul F Tompkins in it and Lauren Lapkus, most of those Earwolf comedy podcasts are on my regular rotation. Marc Maron and Jimmy Pardo doesn't hurt either. Yeah, the set list is way up my alley and worth the money to me as well

Oof, looking at the lineup, no CBB may be a dealbreaker for me. Love HH and Spont is cool, but I really haven't fallen for WSGLL yet. Plus, doesn't Earwolf usually release LA Podfest episodes?

Season one gets better near the end and season 2 is alright. I'd recommend watching all of season one just so you are caught up on the characters and story since some of those threads do carry into other seasons.

hamchan

Tried to start TNG and the second episode of the show has the entire crew getting infected by a sex virus making them lust for each other. I still need to go back to that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom