• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
2771590-fs.jpg

Is that for tonight's episode? If I recall that is
a loooooooooooooooooong fight presented via cutscene.

Bacon

The first season of TNG is nearly unwatchable. I watched it for the first time a couple years ago. Would have turned me off from the show completely had I not known that there was a step up in quality coming.

Draxyle

Neo Member
I also started watching Twin Peaks recently and was surprised by just how similar Deadly Premonition was to it. It makes for an interesting viewing experience watching this after playing that. One thing though, I actually liked how Deadly Premonition handled the supernatural elements more than this so far. I'm only a few episodes in to the second season but the way the supernatural elements just show up to give Agent Cooper all the answers and then immediately disappear isn't very satisfying. I don't remember it being that bad in Deadly Premonition, though it has been over a year since my last playthrough. Definitely due for another.

Yea, I watched Twin Peaks exclusively because I wanted to see where Deadly Premonition came from. The first episode was kinda hilarious with the overlap; small rural town, old dude with plaid shirt discovers body, eccentric FBI agent shows up, lots of scenes of crying women, etc.

Over time they both veer off into very different and interesting directions though. I definitely got the sense that Swery just wanted to pay homage, not outright rip off Twin Peaks.

I barely remember TNG, but did they ever explain what Q was?

Yes he is part of the Q collective.

And as much as people say to skip season1 & sometimes 2, I say fuck that and power through that bullshit. It will make you appreciate what the show became.

But DS9 is da best anyway.

justjim89

Man, I'm really surprised Dan likes The Swindle. I'm kinda liking it, but it starts off so hard. I've played like 40 nights and barely have any upgrades. Maybe like 10 successful heists and 30 dead taffers.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The level of fuckery going on in this mailbag is kinda off putting. Like legit sending a 4:3 monitor is an asshole thing to do. And a backpack. And an empty box. Come on. Hope your house gets cockroaches.

I don't watch the mailbags anymore, it's stressful to watch the crew awkwardly try not to offend socially inept people who literally send them garbage and think they'll like it.

wenis

I don't watch the mailbags anymore, it's stressful to watch the crew awkwardly try not to offend socially inept people who literally send them garbage and think they'll like it.
For every one of these shit mailbags I'm always tempted to put one together. I may have to. Even tho I live in the city the majority of them live in.

Yeah but this last one was just insulting. The guy even requested that they call out his youtube channel in exchange for him sending out pure garbage. There were maybe 1 or 2 things in there that might have been somewhat amusing if not for the fact that the rest was absolutely useless like empty CD holders.

LiK

nah, there are some good ones. the recent one sent by the Harmonix guy was pretty hilarious.

i'm curious what stuff they get anyways.

jgminto

Yea, I watched Twin Peaks exclusively because I wanted to see where Deadly Premonition came from. The first episode was kinda hilarious with the overlap; small rural town, old dude with plaid shirt discovers body, eccentric FBI agent shows up, lots of scenes of crying women, etc.

Over time they both veer off into very different and interesting directions though. I definitely got the sense that Swery just wanted to pay homage, not outright rip off Twin Peaks.

I think that's evident from how different a lot of the characters' personalities are even though they fit in similar roles.

Idea for giantbomb community youtube content: a supercut of Dan's face every time the monkey is on screen/the monkey noise in the shop happens in MGS4

edit: I stopped watching twin peaks because it went from being lighthearted and fun to 2spooky

I really don't understand the impulse to send them a box full of bullshit. Like, a dirty/used backpack and empty cd cases? Really? Jeff should've held off on reading out the guy's Youtube channel until finding out whether or not his box contained literal garbage.

Good on the guy who sent Drew those old F1 games, that's actually kinda neat and right up Drew's alley. And there was actually a really cool mailbag recently, where Jeff seemed pretty impressed at the haul of old Genesis games or something? My memory's failing me on the specifics. But yeah, I dunno... would it be better for them to open these off-camera first, that way embarrassing stuff like this box doesn't make it onto the site? A good mailbag video is really fun, but the bad ones make me cringe hard.

LiK

I really don't understand the impulse to send them a box full of bullshit. Like, a dirty/used backpack and empty cd cases? Really? Jeff should've held off on reading out the guy's Youtube channel until finding out whether or not his box contained literal garbage.

Good on the guy who sent Drew those old F1 games, that's actually kinda neat and right up Drew's alley. And there was actually a really cool mailbag recently, where Jeff seemed pretty impressed at the haul of old Genesis games or something? My memory's failing me on the specifics. But yeah, I dunno... would it be better for them to open these off-camera first, that way embarrassing stuff like this box doesn't make it onto the site? A good mailbag video is really fun, but the bad ones make me cringe hard.

i honestly think they need to simply edit out the segments where it's just pure trash so those senders don't get the attention. i don't agree about filtering stuff first it's fun when they open the boxes blind.

I like when they just talk about random shit when they get stuff sent. Like yeah an empty pencil box is dumb, but a fucking monitor? That's pretty great.

wenis

Oh boy at the MGScanlon comments.

Some people take this feature way too seriously.
You done fucked up when you start reading those comments. My life is far more enjoyable and this series is far more enjoyable just enjoying it with you guys. The dudes commenting on the actual video page are fucking nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom