• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Goddammit, now I'm reading the comments.

Now I corrected some random poster.

Goddammit.

You done fucked up when you start reading those comments. My life is far more enjoyable and this series is far more enjoyable just enjoying it with you guys. The dudes commenting on the actual video page are fucking nuts.

Hey! I commented there (first post, too). Though all I said was "Yay!".

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Welp, looks like we lost another one guys..
tumblr_m8feec0Vx11qaoubi.gif

HEEEEELLLLP!

i honestly think they need to simply edit out the segments where it's just pure trash so those senders don't get the attention. i don't agree about filtering stuff first it's fun when they open the boxes blind.

Yeah, now that I think about it, you're right that some editing would be a better option than pre-opening. It is great when they get some genuinely interesting stuff in the mail and we all get to see it for the first time together. Likewise, some goober plugging his Youtube channel by sending them a box full of crap could easily be stricken from the record.

And oh man, sounds like I've done the right thing by enjoying the entirety of MGScanlon 1-4 without ever delving into the comments on those videos. Every time they mention the comment sections I'm always curious as to what they could be talking about, but I've managed to steer clear.

Anyway, this current season is really interesting for me as 4 is the only MGS I've never played myself thanks to owning only a 360 last generation. I'm really glad to be along for the ride on this one, as I can catch up on the story beats of my only blind spot before TPP comes out. Loving the two episodes per week setup this time around, too.

GavinGT

Banned
How long until people just start mailing them actual garbage?

"Well, thanks Jimmy for the empty aluminum can and watermelon rinds."

justjim89

Anyone else remember before MGS4 when they teased young Snake in a trailer, and everyone freaked out and thought it was his real face?

"It can't be a mask, the mask didn't have hair!"

"It can't be a mask, you couldn't smoke through a mask!"

"Fourth clone? Reversed aging?"

Ah, that was a fun bit of speculation.

Also, it's almost comical at this point that
they get Otacon laid and in love again just so he hurts when Naomi dies. That's fucked up.

All this MGS4 watching makes me want to go back and try to play MGS1 again.

I might just play it on Easy. I really don't care too much for forcing myself through a game whose controls may not have aged well on a difficulty where I really have to apply myself.

jgminto

Anyone else remember before MGS4 when they teased young Snake in a trailer, and everyone freaked out and thought it was his real face?

"It can't be a mask, the mask didn't have hair!"

"It can't be a mask, you couldn't smoke through a mask!"

"Fourth clone? Reversed aging?"

Ah, that was a fun bit of speculation.

Also, it's almost comical at this point that
they get Otacon laid and in love again just so he hurts when Naomi dies. That's fucked up.

That's the one thing 3 was missing,
Sad Otacon.

yami4ct

Finally got PSO2 installed after like 2 days of downloading on my crappy connection. Man that game has gotten huge.

Also it's gotten weird in the best way possible. Loving the dumb summer event. Can definitely see myself sinking a whole host of new hours into this. Perhaps it's time to resurrect the GB guild.

Finally got PSO2 installed after like 2 days of downloading on my crappy connection. Man that game has gotten huge.

Also it's gotten weird in the best way possible. Loving the dumb summer event. Can definitely see myself sinking a whole host of new hours into this. Perhaps it's time to resurrect the GB guild.

I almost debated uninstalling when I saw the concert in the shop district.

The man who did the music to Daytona USA deserves better.

danm999

I just fucking love the dissonance of someone posting an essay in the MGS4 comments about Drew's play style then asking a variation of; it seems like something is making you feel nervous and over analysed. What could it be?

Oh boy at the MGScanlon comments.

Some people take this feature way too seriously.
I've gotten better at ignoring them but I usually end up taking a peek. Just the worst. 4 games in and some people still don't understand what this feature is about. There is a weird amount of rage in a lot of them too.

Lunar FC

I just fucking love the dissonance of someone posting an essay in the MGS4 comments about Drew's play style then asking a variation of; it seems like something is making you feel nervous and over analysed. What could it be?

I WANT TO WATCH YOU LEARN.

I mean, he probably meant it to be as a positive thing, at first I got a 'You do you Drew' vibe from it, but then he kinda goes off the rails asking him to do things and what not and well...yeah.

Fuck I'm so excited for MGSV. I wanna build a motherbase and invade Dan Rycker and and and and it's gonna be so much fun

danm999

It does also make me think Dan has done a good job walking the line between giving him no help and giving him too much.

But yeah it does appear to mostly come from a place of affection (why would you have a Premium if you didn't like GB I guess).

It does also make me think Dan has done a good job walking the line between giving him no help and giving him too much.

But yeah it does appear to mostly come from a place of affection (why would you have a Premium if you didn't like GB I guess).

apparently the first comment guy didn't have premium if the other comments are to be believed

you can just post comments without having access to the video I suppose

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Danny O'Dwyer ‏@dannyodwyer 12m12 minutes ago
I'm gonna try shoot a VERY special episode of Danswers today. So send me questions about life / video game / wrestling problems you have ;)

Danny O'Dwyer ‏@dannyodwyer 9m9 minutes ago
PS: These don't have to be serious or actually real. Also it helps if the questions can be answered with "YES" and "NO". If you get me...

Daniel Bryan Danswers incoming?

Enjoyed that episode so much. One of the handful best ever since it was absolutely hilarious.

I'm with Dan, Europe was rough going for me too.

I have all notifications turned off on the Youtube app on my phone and I still keep getting notifications whenever Myggen uploads a clip to his channel. There's no avoiding Myggen!

Blastoise

Banned
The first comment on the MGScanlon video!

Haha. I could never be the face of a product on the internet.

There are way too many crazies out there who are waiting to be heard.

I think my original opinion has been reinforced. MGS4 is the worst in the series.

I mean it's SOOOO BAD.

u wot m8

hamchan

Danny O'Dwyer ‏@dannyodwyer 12m12 minutes ago
I'm gonna try shoot a VERY special episode of Danswers today. So send me questions about life / video game / wrestling problems you have ;)

Danny O'Dwyer ‏@dannyodwyer 9m9 minutes ago
PS: These don't have to be serious or actually real. Also it helps if the questions can be answered with "YES" and "NO". If you get me...

Daniel Bryan Danswers incoming?

Holy shit

What's with the [Extended HD Gameplay] addition to videos on the Youtube channel?

Trying some rudimentary seo?

They've played around with ways to name their Youtube videos from the start. The issue was that just having "Quick Look" as the title made the videos less discoverable, because Youtube users are used to searching for either "Let's play" or "Gameplay"

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I think my original opinion has been reinforced. MGS4 is the worst in the series.

I mean it's SOOOO BAD.

Yup. It lacks the thematic cohesion of the other games. It seems to delight in shitting on everything people liked. I have to assume it is deliberate because some of it is FUCKING INSANE.

Some of the gameplay is nice, it is just too fragmented and jumbled.

Christ, you guys weren't kidding when you were talking about that first comment.

Can we put this guy on a list or something. Creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom