• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
MGScanlon 5 will probably be pretty boring. There's gonna be like no cutscenes in that game.

I can't even watch Dan and Drew watch the awful cut scenes in MGS4. I just glaze over and ten minutes later realize I've started cleaning to distract myself from the tedium of MGS4 dialogue. I'd look forward to a Metal Gear Scanlon mostly filled with Drew trying to grenade the world like an MK3 fatality.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't even watch Dan and Drew watch the awful cut scenes in MGS4. I just glaze over and ten minutes later realize I've started cleaning to distract myself from the tedium of MGS4 dialogue. I'd look forward to a Metal Gear Scanlon mostly filled with Drew trying to grenade the world like an MK3 fatality.

Sounds like you would just want to wait 3 months for Just Cause 3 then

Considering 5 plays much better and is way more streamlined in its controls than the previous 4 games, it'll be fun watching Drew actually have fun with the game instead of fumbling with the controls for a majority of it
I hope.

A lot of the dialogue happened through the tapes in GZ and I hope its the same way with PP since I'd hate to be constantly taken away from the action like 2 and 4 do a lot of, since I actually enjoy how 5 plays much more.

Just catching up on the gamescom livestream. I hope we never, ever see Dan on camera without a mug of tea in his hand again. Just to see how long it takes people to notice that he never doesn't have a mug in his hand.

so

I still don't have internet at my new place. probably won't have it for a week. if I were to get Witcher 3 for ps4, how badly is it broken without patches?

this obviously includes the day 1 patch

so

I still don't have internet at my new place. probably won't have it for a week. if I were to get Witcher 3 for ps4, how badly is it broken without patches?

I think it was supposed to be kind of rough without the day 1 patch, I know there was stuff like the Gwent hard crash bug but I think there were a number of performance issues without the day 1 patch.

erawsd

so

Im not sure anyone knows what the game is like without the day one patch, even the reviews had that. Save yourself some potential headaches and just wait.

Witcher 3's 'brokenness at launch' seems to increase more and more as weeks go by.

well I mean primarily "will it be playable or are there crippling bugs in an unpatched state"

but ok

Im not sure anyone knows what the game is like without the day one patch, even the reviews had that. Save yourself some potential headaches and just wait.

yeah you're right. I'm just getting bored after a couple of weeks without.

This is funny.

X5Fdxi4.png

Probably when those same people then complain that companies are shipping incomplete or unfinished games.

So, do you want to see them get to Peace Walker (at some point), or have them do a video where Dan gives Drew a basic explanation of the important plot points of the games and then jump right into Ground Zeroes? Then of course, afterwards they could do that thing where they film The Phantom Pain stuff and hold off on releasing it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I wish they would have gone to Gamescom. Many friends of the site are there, we would get international antics and a few liveshows or podcasts. Instead they are going to another PAX...

jaina

I wish they would have gone to Gamescom. Many friends of the site are there, we would get international antics and a few liveshows or podcasts. Instead they are going to another PAX...
Those surveys (or billing addresses from premium) need to show them that there's a decent audience in Europe. I hope there is.

Witcher 3's 'brokenness at launch' seems to increase more and more as weeks go by.

It's like the developer's willingness to address feedback with things like the movement has worked against them. People are now interpreting the robust updates and changes as necessary "fixes", when really they're just adding content and improvements that most other developers never would.

eh, TW3 had some legit issues (people's games crashing at gwent, while not universal, was prevalent enough to need immediate addressing) but compared to the fucking shitshows this gen has had TW3 was a competent launch. I'd dare say it's CDPR's best launch to date. It doesn't deserve to be lumped with the likes of TMCC, AC Unity, or BF4 and its ilk in regard to terrible launches that deserve apologies.

And I'm not including the fucking travesties that are MKX and Arkham Knight because their issues were primarily exclusive to the PC.

eh, TW3 had some legit issues (people's games crashing at gwent, while not universal, was prevalent enough to need immediate addressing) but compared to the fucking shitshows this gen has had TW3 was a competent launch. I'd dare say it's CDPR's best launch to date. It doesn't deserve to be lumped with the likes of TMCC, AC Unity, or BF4 and its ilk in regard to terrible launches that deserve apologies.

And I'm not including the fucking travesties that are MKX and Arkham Knight because their issues were primarily exclusive to the PC.

I totally agree. Data West really summed it up by saying the "issues" seem to grow every week, when really they were relatively minor and were quickly fixed.

Myggen

how do you feel about James and his tortured existence?

your feelings on this will greatly impact future viewings

God Twin Peaks went to shit
after they found out who the killer was
. I've said it before in this thread, I have a lot of respect for that show and what it did for the medium, but it's far down my list of greatest TV shows ever mostly because of how bad it gets. Gets alright near the end, but not enough.

The music in Galak-Z seems kind of boring. Could use some Disasterpeace or something.

[EDIT] Seems like a lot of the audio is ill-advised. Why are the characters constantly yelling non-sequiturs? When your shots hit walls, it plays one of maybe three "bullet ricochet" sound effects that sound like they're from a free online SFX library.

The music in Galak-Z seems kind of boring. Could use some Disasterpeace or something.

[EDIT] Seems like a lot of the audio is ill-advised. Why are the characters constantly yelling non-sequiturs? When your shots hit walls, it plays one of maybe three "bullet ricochet" sound effects that sound like they're from a free online SFX library.

It all feels like 80s and 90s anime nonsense and I love every bit of it.

It all feels like 80s and 90s anime nonsense and I love every bit of it.

Really? The main character says "ka-ching!" literally 2 or 3 times a minute. I like the VHS aesthetic, but the anime stuff they're going for really falls flat for me.

It must be weird being Jeff, he can't do anything online without people talking about it in a small group in real time.

Well, he's streaming on Twitch, so yeah I think he might expect/want people to watch.

TraBuch

Banned
Don't forget to watch Ultima Lucha tonight! Might be the last time we ever see a new episode of the best wrestling show in the world.

erawsd

By the time GOTY discussions start, Brad's gonna remember The Witcher 3 as a broken, unplayable mess at launch.

It wouldn't surprise me if Witcher 3 doesn't even make the top ten. The game is just way too long for Giantbomb, minus Dan, I don't expect anyone to come close to finishing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom