• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted that duck egg timer so bad back in 2008.

i remember people really wanting that cigarette disposal container thing snake had in the game. Which is probably the most positive buzz cigarettes had since the days of joe camel.

Snake was being hunted in that sequence as Raiden mentioned. It was the enemies trying to trap you which is why the bra leads to a shed with 2 dudes waiting for you.

oh okay that answers my questions wait what

giphy.gif

Megasoum

Banned
Looking at MGS5 on the PSN Store... There's two versions, one at 65$ and the other at 75$... I'm not seeing anything different between the two except the price...

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
i remember people really wanting that cigarette disposal container thing snake had in the game. Which is probably the most positive buzz cigarettes had since the days of joe camel.

oh okay that answers my questions wait what

Yeah it was a decoy. Naomi would never wear a bra! Oh Kojima you card!

That mailbag is... weird. What possesses somebody to do that?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
It's not even really that funny. Like here's my gag care package full of random shit, but then it's a load of uninteresting nonsense/literal rubbish. Massive box of junk that took 15 mins to sift through immediately overshadowed by the few mins spent looking at the little cigar box with appropriate, interesting games for drew.

They should totally do a film and 40's while watching something just completely off the wall. Or at least they would be watching wondering what the fuck is going on the entire time. A Lynch film(Inland Empire, Mulholland DR, or Eraserhead) or something like Primer or Upstream Color. Or anything really, I just want to hear Dan confused the entire time and Drew trying to piece it together all at the same time.

Finally just getting around to listening to the latest films and 40's so excuse the random comment.

I like mailbags in general. The best ones are when someone sends in something interesting and they use it on UPF or just go and play the damn thing on the spot like that weird Starfox cartridge or those recent arcade boards that Jeff seemed legit stoked with.

Nero18

It's not even really that funny. Like here's my gag care package full of random shit, but then it's a load of uninteresting nonsense/literal rubbish. Massive box of junk that took 15 mins to sift through immediately overshadowed by the few mins spent looking at the little cigar box with appropriate, interesting games for drew.

Wonder if he just put some shit together to get some subs for his YT account.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'll never understand why Destiny players are so opposed to optional matchmaking for raids. It's like some sort of Stockholm syndrome type of thing.

It's ridiculous.

"It'd be so hard, it'd be impossible"

Then don't do it. The alternative is just not playing the raids for a lot of people.

"Oh but you can easily organize with randoms outside of the game"

HOW IS THIS BETTER THAN MATCHMAKING

It really bothered me with the horde mode thing they added, they made it so 3 of the 4 versions of it had no matchmaking. The excuse of complex mechanics doesn't even work there as it's a simple horde mode.

It's ridiculous.

"It'd be so hard, it'd be impossible"

Then don't do it. The alternative is just not playing the raids for a lot of people.

"Oh but you can easily organize with randoms outside of the game"

HOW IS THIS BETTER THAN MATCHMAKING

It's like LOOK WE DONT NEED IT THE SYSTEM IS FINE

they why the fuck is Destiny on its 27th fucking thread?

I suggested this and, as of now, I'm not getting much in the way of reasonable responses except BUBUBUBUBBU IT WONT WORK!!1!!11 STRIKES HAVE IT AND IT SUCKSSSS

Like i said, here's how you can tackle an optional MM system: put a prompt upfront informing players that these things are lengthy gameplay sessions and that by quitting the player will be banned from online destiny play for a period of time. This lets the player know upfront that they need to set aside time for these things and to not join unless they're serious.

The punishing of quitting players has worked in other games, like Rocket League and DOTA2, so why can't it work here?

FFS, clearly theres an issue here and there are means of addressing it. Not addressing it is not a valid way of addressing it, and judging by how on fire the thread in Gaming is regarding whether TTK fixes destiny's issues it's obvious that something should be implemented.

Myggen

I like mailbags in general. The best ones are when someone sends in something interesting and they use it on UPF or just go and play the damn thing on the spot like that weird Starfox cartridge or those recent arcade boards that Jeff seemed legit stoked with.

Yeah, mailbags in general is great content. Most of the GB gifs are from mailbags too! But I laughed at how yesterday's mailbag was literally just trash. Can't win 'em all I guess.

hamchan

I'll never understand why Destiny players are so opposed to optional matchmaking for raids. It's like some sort of Stockholm syndrome type of thing.

They're trying to deflect legitimate criticism for a game they like, it's very weird. Like an inferiority complex developed because so many people crap on Destiny.

What is best is people said the same thing about high level strikes like the weeklys.

Then Bungie added matchmaking to weekly strikes and it worked out fine. Still not Nightfall matchmaking though for the same dumb reasons.

Raids are their own weird things though. From the bits I have seen you need actual communication. Still it would be nice to have the option.

Bacon

Somehow games like dota and league of legends which we require a lot more precision and communication than Destiny end up getting away with matchmaking for every single one of their game modes. The argument just doesn't hold water when other games have been doing it for years and it just comes off as "we know what's best for you"

Liamc723

Of random people, so at that point what's different from matchmaking?

Random people who going into the raid, will know that you're a first timer, understand that you're willing to stay until the end and are happy to help out. I think that's better than being matched with some random person who doesn't know what they're doing either.

when is the
finger guns
cutscene? is it at the end of act 3? I remember that being the point of where I was just like, fuck, just end this already.

Act 3 has got to be the worst section in the whole series.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
when is the
finger guns
cutscene? is it at the end of act 3? I remember that being the point of where I was just like, fuck, just end this already.

yes, and I agree.
Yep 71 minutes. The ending/credits.
I actually timed it a week or so ago.
I just finished MGS4 again. Time from last button input to end of credits:
1 hour, 15 minutes, 3 seconds.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
when is the
finger guns

Yeah it has to be the end of act 3. I'm looking forward to drew's reaction to act 4. Hopefully nothing is accidentally revealed to him beforehand

Then they can use Reddit, there's a big community there too.

Hahahaha, fuck using Reddit to have to arrange anything.

"Should we have matchmaking?"

"Man if they REALLY want this hot action they should going on their own JOURNEYS to Reddit, that's what the Destiny experience deserves. Become legend!"

tuxfool

Banned

"Man if they REALLY want this hot action they should going on their own JOURNEYS to Reddit, that's what the Destiny experience deserves. Become legend!"

Nah, Destiny should just become the Ultimate Reddit interface. How is that for ultimate social game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wait, so I'm hearing about alex talking about getting supplies during hurricane sandy on the beastcast, and I was wondering if he was part of whiskey media during that time and if he ever did anything about his experience then.

Liamc723

Alright, you have fun never finishing the raid with randoms who don't talk and nobody has any idea what they're doing.

Alright, you have fun never finishing the raid with randoms who don't talk and nobody has any idea what they're doing.

make the optional matchmaking mic only. Every console comes with a mic these days. Not that people have to use them, but it will help in regards to concerns about no communication.

optional MM, Mic only, penalties implemented for quitting. have a screen pop up when selecting optional MM that lets players know about penalties, that raids are long and people are expected to spend hours on them, and that MM will not work if a mic isn't detected.

Who says no?

tuxfool

Banned

This is what Reputation systems are for. It is amazing how few social systems Bungie has implemented in their "social" game. Maybe they took the view that adversity breeds camaraderie?

Liamc723

make the optional matchmaking mic only. Every console comes with a mic these days. Not that people have to use them, but it will help in regards to concerns about no communication.

optional MM, Mic only, penalties implemented for quitting. have a screen pop up when selecting optional MM that lets players know about penalties, that raids are long and people are expected to spend hours on them, and that MM will not work if a mic isn't detected.

Who says no?

Those are all very good suggestions for a matchmade raid.

The way I would do it is you must have completed the raid once, and then you get access to the raid (On the same difficulty level) that can be done with matchmaking that have all the things you suggested. Knowledge of these raids is vital to success, because otherwise you'll be stuck there going round in circles.

Zaph

Wait, so I'm hearing about alex talking about getting supplies during hurricane sandy on the beastcast, and I was wondering if he was part of whiskey media during that time and if he ever did anything about his experience then.

He was, but it was prior to Bombin in the AM so he probably didn't have any outlet for talking about something like that at the time. He was basically just writing news and reviews for the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom